Need help with Bowazon!!

psychoguy

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help with Bowazon!!

hello all,

i've been playing a PvM FA strafezon and having no problems with normal difficulty and nightmare difficulty until i reached hell. i've got a magewrath but at level 20 strafe it still takes 10 to 15 shots i.e 100 arrows to kill a zombie at the den of evil so i went to read some guides listed at the site but every guide listed all the unique armor/weapons suitable for a strafezon so i didn't get any practical help because the only unique gear i have are magewrath and the gorefoot heavy boots.

1. i know that from doing boss runs with mf gear one can easily obtain those magic items but i've been trying hard to find mf gear that can do decent damage. usually i either end up with too little mf % or too little damage.

2. i also read another guide that you can actually go through hell level with only a bow and sash for potions. how do you do that?

3. i usually use the act 2 holy freeze merc and my valk as meatshields while i fire away behind, but now it doesn't seem to work any more cos the merc and valk are like paper and die too easily from groups of monsters even without bosses.

4. i also read on guides that you can do cow runs but after the first time it seems like you can't combine wirt's leg and the tome to get the portal anymore.

i know that my questions are n00bcake but can some kind soul give me advice on these queries? i'm really lost!! thanks!! :smiley:

http://www.uploading.com/files/XW1ZO30T/save.zip.html

the link contains the files for my character. please load it and take a look! thanks so much!!

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll try to answer these things in the order you posted...

1. It is my oppinion that amazons are not that great at MF in general. The lightning variety are rather nice at Baal runs, I hear.

2. That would most likely be something along the lines of a Mage-azon, who focuses on elemental damage (ice arrow, immolation arrow etc) to kill, rather than brute physical damage. The key to those builds, is to get +skills and speed, rather than damage.

3. Could you list the gear you have on your mercenary? (I can't download on this PC) The key to a good merc is life leech, keeping his resistances up, and some form of crowd control skill, which you actually have, due to the holy freeze aura he has...

4. You can continue with cow runs, so long as you have not killed the cow-king. Once you have killed the cow-king, you can no longer do cow runs on that difficulty setting.

Hope this all helps.

psychoguy

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks!

hey thanks for your answers! **** i'm damn dumb i killed the cow king...

anyway, here's my merc's gear.

magic ancient armor with 386 defence.

soulfeast tine war fork

death mask with 140 defence.

life 1192, defence 1409, all resistances 26.

i understand that that's quite weak but given that i can't mf well, is there no way i can properly play through hell? since there are many monster groups with bosses and every time i meet one of the groups my merc just dies. especially with cold immune monsters like zombie where i can't use anything but strafe.

GotFriana

Diabloii.Net Member
hello all,

i've been playing a PvM FA strafezon and having no problems with normal difficulty and nightmare difficulty until i reached hell. i've got a magewrath but at level 20 strafe it still takes 10 to 15 shots i.e 100 arrows to kill a zombie at the den of evil so i went to read some guides listed at the site but every guide listed all the unique armor/weapons suitable for a strafezon so i didn't get any practical help because the only unique gear i have are magewrath and the gorefoot heavy boots.

3. i usually use the act 2 holy freeze merc and my valk as meatshields while i fire away behind, but now it doesn't seem to work any more cos the merc and valk are like paper and die too easily from groups of monsters even without bosses.
I can only think about changing your mercenary for an offensive act2 NM one instead of holy freeze, he will have the might aura that can help your damage a lot. I know the slow enemies is nice but killing them faster is good too and cold damage charms with other usefull mods are not hard to find to slow things down. As someone said before also give him lots of life leech and a good damage weapon, resistances for the merc are not so important.
As for your Valk unless you have more + skills or +passive skills she ll be too weak to tank unless you spend more points on her but considering you are a hibrid you may not have those to spare. Dont forget to use your Decoy too (prerequisite for Valk) she ll not last much but she s 1 more minion and makes a good distraction.
If your amazon is not too strong yet use all the skills at hand, slow missiles is a life saver in some situations and inner sight is also a 1 point wonder making everything easier to hit.

To end with, if you dont have problems killing Meph in NM difficulty then focus on him, he can drop many good uniques for an amazon and even without too much MF as a boss he has much more chance to give a good drop.

psychoguy

Diabloii.Net Member
alright thanks for the advice!! yea i went to do some meph runs got lucky and got buriza! guess i'll go and do more haha :smiley: