Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help with a sorc build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Pailon, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Need help with a sorc build

This is (quite litteraly) the first time I want to seriously use a Sorc. I will mostly use it for mfing and PVB. (Player vs. Bosses if you didn't get it) I'm thinking a cold sorc but it would take alot of time. Fire sorcs do more damage and have hydras (if you put points in it). Light sorcs have the highest damage potential (correct me if im wrong). What would be easiest for this situation?

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: Need help with a sorc build

Any of the main Sorc builds - found in one of the stickies - will do well for Boss running

Meteorb / Blizz are my usual choices depending on which bosses i want to run. I'm running an Orbitaller this time as i never seem to bother cast Meteor when i go Meteorb build.

With the respec option (which is ace), i started ladder, made a pure blizz sorc, abused NM and then Hell Mephi until i could get Full Tals and then respecced Orbitaller.

I can do the usual run: Andy / Countess / Mephi / Eldrich / Shenk & Baal, tho Baal is a bit slow atm as my mercs gear is a bit sucky. Not tried Diablo / CS running yet, hoping to make my LF zon my Cs runner once i get bored mowing down cows :).

3. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I plan on running Baal, Diablo, and Mephisto. "The Three" Thats what I always boss run.

4. Shanksie1337

I guess it depends on your gear level/budget, with an Infinity a pure Light Sorc rocks, but without it there are plenty of annoying immunes that you have to either tele past or wait until the merc kills them.

Any single element build will have some problems in CS / Baal due to the mixed immunities down there, however an excellent geared merc with/without Infinity goes along way to solving this problem.

5. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Ok I realize this might be stupid but I'm going to use this build that I made up in about 1 and a half mins.

Since I solo gear will be a problem so ES will cover it for now...

1 ES
    20 TK
    20 FBolt
    20 Fball
    20 Hydra
    20 CL
    4 prereqs
    rest Warmth

Str- enough for gear duh
    Dex- nothing
    Vit- the rest
    Ene- mabye 100-150 points into... mabye less... depends on gear.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  6. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Oops forgot merc and don't feel like presing "edit"

Holy Freeze with w/e the best polearm I can find.

7. Shanksie1337

From what i know about ES (and i dont know much, as i've never used it), but you don't really need 20 in ES, sure you can, but 1 point, or 0 points and memory switch, and maxxed TK is all you need.
    1 point in Fire Mastery has to be worth it and static field has to be the best 1 point wonder ever!

It's late, but crap gear, crap merc and single element build spells bad idea to me.
    If gear is crap, personally i'd stick all my skill points in pewpew power and forget ES, but i've never been a fan

I know you're having fun, but reading the guides might help a smidge :). If you want to play with Hydra there is a Hydra/Cold Sorc Guide in the stickies.

8. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

I realize but still... Hydras as a wall of defense, and my merc as a tank. I might suck with fire immunes should be able to kill everything else. I just realized that more points in ES just = more time so I will prob put the rest in something of use... Mabye Lightning or CL... not sure yet...

9. Shanksie1337

Hydras aren't really a "wall of defense" more "something the monsters ignore whilst killing you" kinda thing. And with a badly geared Merc, his tanking abilities are going to be somewhat limited, and against anything Fire Immune he'll need to do more than tank them unless you are going to tele past them, which Listers pack are all FI so he'll need to do some damage here if you want to get to Baal and there will be some FI packs in CS aswell, so Diablo will be fun.

/edit - haha nice edit reason
    /edit 2 - i popped "hydra" into the search function for you, and came up with this and this which may help.

10. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Hmmm... mabye I'll just make a Hydra build later... I decided for Meteorb (trouble with no hydra in Act III) and my "tank" is doing ok xpt on the damn flayer shamans. I just started playing on the code /players8 so I get about 4x more exp. Decent at killing so far. I have a staff with +1 to all fire skills. Still lv 24...

11. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Heh, its the later game we're all referring to ;)

Meteorb is generally a solid performer although you will see cold/fire immunes.

While your merc may be tanking ok now, when you get to hell, the hydra bug (as well as the higher hp, harder hitting council) will happily let you know how valuable it is to invest in solid merc gear.

12. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Lol. I switched back to my hydra build (backed up before I respeced ;D) and well so far it's pretty nice. I ownd Baal without too much trouble... I believe I have a +1 to all sorc skills ammy or a burning staff (been using my barb the past 48 hours) and I do appx 390 give or take to 420 give or take. I'll see what happens in Hell. I'll probly use a mulling program and take my stormspire and some various good armor. Mabye the new unique Jo staff I found with Ormus' Robes... sadly mine give +3 to Thunder Storm but I can always loot some more :D

13. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Unless you're playing completely untwinked, really badly built, or both, the game shouldn't give you much trouble until Hell, unless you only do a single elemental damage.

By all means, enjoy the victory, but be prepared for a rude awakening.

14. TDouble

TDouble IncGamers Member

If u play ladder you should make a ww enchant sorc with that new slaughtering of layer rw

15. Shanksie1337

^ great idea, just one small snag :D