Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Help with 1.6..!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by aztrozombiez, Oct 22, 2006.

1. aztrozombiez

aztrozombiez IncGamers Member

Need Help with 1.6..!

Ok, I have a lvl 15 Necromancer up to Act 1, Quest 6... where you have to defeat Andariel. Lately I have just been going to all the areas and defeating the monsters, trading the items for gold.. saving the game and doing it again. It's to the point where I am not getting as much experience for killing the monsters.

I want to fight Andariel now, but I fear I don't have the right weapon.
    I'm currently using the 'vicious bardiche of slaying'(Damage 2 - 42) and I have in my stash some magical sword( can't remember the name.. Dmge 9-19). I have around 29,000 gold. Everytime I start up the game I look at Charsi's and Gheed's weapons but I can't find anything good.

I read somewhere that I should fight long distance with Andariel but most of the long-distance weapons have a max. damage of 14.

So I was wondering what type of weapon would be best for this.
    Also open to any tips for fighting andariel.

P.S. As you know when you complete the Horadric Malus quest, Charsi will imbue an item with magical power. Well since all the items I use are already magical.. I can't do much with that.
    So I still have that available too.

Help?
    Thx
    Az9
    :shocked:

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Try getting a bow and socket it with rubies (chipped ones should work fine). Since andy has -50% fire res those will work fine, and assuming you have a golem you should be able to recast him near her and safly shoot from a distance, slowly killing her.

(yes just a bow with as many sockets as possible, preferably a 3 socketed short bow or other small and fast bow)

well atleast I think that should work ... never played 1.6 so I cannot really say I'm sertain about it.

3. aztrozombiez

I have 2 chipped emeralds, a chipped skull and a chipped diamond... No rubies. ><

And I can have 1 golem and up to 3 Skeleton Magi...

4. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

well as I edited into my last post, I haven't really played 1.6. But still, as long as you've got the golem to tank, then any bow should do. Might take a while and many mana pots if you cannot get a good one, but it should still work. btw see to it that you have some cold damage for the slowing effect. Hire a cold rouge merc if you do not, and a fire one if you do.

Edit: or maybe cold damage slowing effect doesn't work :rolleyes: silly me :tongue:

5. aztrozombiez

I'm actually playing the game now and I was on Jail level 2, and a monster dropped a 3-socketed long bow.

Thanks.

Anyone else got some tips?

6. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Am I correct in thinking you are playing version 1.11 but are having difficulty with Act 1 Quest 6 and not that you are playing version 1.6?

What skills/curses do you have?

Edit: I thought that was what you meant. Personally, I just amp and ce andy. If you take the surrounding monsters down first you have things to CE. If you want to help your minions then yes use a bow - I like an emerald in for poison and cold to chill her as well as the ruby for fire damage. Obviously a clay golem next to her should slow her down. I presume this is p1?

7. aztrozombiez

I'm playing version 1.0...

I meant Act 1, Quest 6.(1.6..)

..well.. the skills are:

Raise skeleton - 2
    Skeleton mastery - 3
    Clay golem - 1
    Skeleton Mage - 3

Teeth - 1
    corpse explosion - 2

Amplify damage - 2
    Iron Maiden - 1

8. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Okay, now this is completely needless to fight Andariel, but, if you want to purchase good weapons/armor on low levels, try gambling. And use /players command, will help you get more experience.

9. aztrozombiez

Now I have around 35000 gold, and Gheed's weapons are around 48000.

And what is /players command? =/

10. aztrozombiez

Now I have around 35000 gold, and Gheed's weapons are around 48000.

And what is /players command? =/

11. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Zomg, its 1.0, all the prices are different. Try patching.

/players x (where x is a number between 1 and 8) works as if it was a multiplayer game with x players in. Monster life is increased, but so are experience and drops. Don't know if it works in unpatched Diablo II, though.

12. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

hmm ... where did I get version 1.6 from :shocked: Guess I should get glasses or something ...

Edit: oh, no wait it was the title ... guess I should have figured it out when mentioning act 1 quest 6 in the first sentence ... anyway, I'd also reccomend patching, just connect to bnet once and it will dl the latest patch.

13. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

In single player /players1 to /players8 allows you to change the player settings. I should have asked if you were on the realms or SP. In addition to my comments above, can I suggest you read the Fishymancer Guide if that is the build you are going for. Andy really isn't that hard.

Edit: Just read you are playing 1.0 not 1.11. I play 1.11 so I may not be much help. An extra couple of levels may help. I usually hit Andy 17/18 (Act 1 p8).

14. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

I remember the first time I faced Andy back in classic about a month after the game first came out. I died so many times without even making a dent in her hitpoints, that I actually quit playing the game for about six months. I thought it was unfair of Blizzard to ramp up the difficultly so sharply for just one monster... That first character of mine was a necromancer too, and he had skill points spread out all over the place like yours does. So, there is hope for you to kill her, don't give up like I did.

The tactic that finally got her was this. Raise all the minions that you can, bring a merc, and the bow the others are talking about, or whatever your best damage weapon is, and go down to Andy's lair. Open a town portal (TP) before you open the door to her lair. Try to kill all the monsters that are right inside the door before you "wake her". Once you do wake her, keep raising minions that she kills until all the little monsters that you killed first are gone. Once she kills your minions again, jump into the TP. Now from town you can go just outside of town and raise a fresh pack of minions, and resupply, and heal at the vendors in town. Put at least one TP in your belt. Now go back into Andy's lair. The old TP disappears when you do, but immediately cast the TP from your belt and open a new one. Do as much damage as you can before retreating through the TP again. Repeat until she's dead. On Normal difficulty, Andy doesn't regenerate health, so you can take as long as you need to kill her in one game. If that seems like too many TPs to burn, you can always use one TP to go to town and then take the last WayPoint (WP) back down to Andy, but that's a long run. TP's may seem expensive and or rare in Act I, normal, but they're tools and a tool should be used when a tool will do the job.

Hope this helps, and have fun...

[edit] Your game is very unlikely to be version 1.0 because I have a copy from the month the game came out, and it's version 1.2 or 1.3. When you start the game, on the screen where you select SP or net play, look in the lower left corner of the screen. It will report what version of the game you are playing. I would also like to suggest you read the SP forum, as well as reading some Necro guides like Fishymancer (a Skelly Summoner guide), look for guides that say they are good for "untwinked" play, which means that your character only uses items that appear for him/her in the games they play. i.e. they don't wear any traded or muled items. Also check out the ATMA program for SP muling. Muling is transfering items between characters.

15. k/t

k/t Banned

I made a SP necro recently, a summoner, and the trick is to play the whole time on players 8 except for the bosses. It's easy then. What kind of necro are you making? The skill distribution looks terrible. You should remake.

If this is on Bnet, you could get someone to help you.

16. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Does the players command even exist in 1.00? If it does it will just be playersx, no / as that was added after 1.09 I think.

It may be worth asking some of these questions over in the Single Player Forum as people there will have more experience playing the earlier patches compared to those playing over B.net.

17. aztrozombiez

Thanks everyone :grin:
    (especially druliusCleaver ^^)

I am positive that I am playing 1.00.. I saw it in the screen when I first started the game..

But I will get a patch.
    Where do I get this without having to start up bnet?

k/t: I don't know what kind of necro I am making..?? :undecided:

..What do you suggest for the skill distribution? :tongue:

18. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Linky :smiley:

As you play 1.00, you cannot have installed the expansion (autoupdates too 1.7 iirc), so use one of the patches for the "original".

19. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Dude just buy the freaking expansion. Its so much better zomg.

20. aztrozombiez

Thanky :grin: