Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help w skelemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by znarf, Jun 6, 2005.

1. znarf

znarf IncGamers Member

Need help w skelemancer

I've built my first skelemancer is currently lvl 47 with 20 in raise skeleton and 20 in skele mastery and ofcourse 1 point in amplify dmg and so on...

My problem is that my gear totally suck, I have no +skills, so it's hard to make it through act 5 nightmare were I currently am.
    I tried doing nm meph runs, but they take hell of a time and since I have no MF meph drops **** anyway...

My question is how do I get better gear? +skill gear is what I need. Is there some good place to look for that's easier than meph and drops relatively good stuff?

I can gain quite alot exp in public baal runs and therefor skillpoints. Where should I put them to help myself? Mages, or are they only helpful with lots of +skills? Bonespear/spirit?

I'm on Ladder Europe btw.

Thanks in advance.

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I would do Normal Baal and keep cubing those Topaz gems for more MF. At this point you should also be able to pick up +2 all or +2 skill tab wands from the shops. I'd also recommend hosting Trist Run games in Normal until you find a decent skellie enhancing head. If you get +3 RS and any kind of SM it will eventually make a good candidate for the Splendor runeword. The most important part about getting skillers at this point is getting a stronger summon resist. If you're just not finding anything you need you might want to try putting another point or two in SR, but I would try the shopping thing. Also, gambling for amulets can work out sometimes.

Gloves and Boots can get up to at least 25% MF (I think actually 35), so be sure and check on those whenever you shop as well.

3. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

If you find any flawless gems just start cubing them. You can trade some semi nice stuff for a couple of pgems in the trade forums. Or maybe some nice guy can hook you up with some stuff. Id do it but I gave most of my stuff away a while ago. Ill c if I got anything left.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It's probably best not to put points in mages, they don't really do much unless you focus on them and use Lower Resist. They'll also block your warrior's path:( 1 point in Revives can really help your survivability, if you haven't already got it...If running Mephisto takes ages, try to get some Crushing Blow on your mercenary. A Hone Sundan would be ideal, but Rattlecage/Guillaume's Face could also do the trick.

5. Pherdnut

I disagree on the mages thing, but it is a good idea to unsummon them in narrow corridor areas like maggot's lair. If you're on USWest Ladder I can at least hook you up with that +1 all necro helmet I was saving for a new necro I'm just going to end up rushing anyway.

6. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Make a Lore helmet, shop for +2 all necro wands, pick up every necro shield (blue, white and grey) they can spawn some pretty decent mods. The new spirit runeword is a nice way to gain easy +skills, FCR and mana (make it in a sword, necro shields can spawn almost as good and wont force you to get 156 str).

Trade perfect gems for Vipermagic, gamble amulets for +skills too.

Hope it helped, a little. :)

7. znarf

znarf IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help.

Guess I have to save those gems and runes I've sold or left on the ground so far :)

8. leddan

leddan IncGamers Member

Not sure how the trade values are on Europe. On East 40 perfect gems can get you a Pul or Um rune. Pul trades for a Stormshield. That'd easily trade for a humonculous. Trang's armor can be gotten for 10-15 perfect gems. A tarnhelm or lore can be gotten for even less perfect gems. Grab any type of shrunken head that drops, or even lok for a sigon's shield. Those are almost free as far as trade values.

9. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Sometimes Anya will give you a necro head thats actually useful :p Well with base 20/20 in raise skelly/skelly mastery the foundations are there already for hell and you could opt to max CE, mages or save the points to make a bone/summon hybrid :D I agree - once u stumble across a 4 sock broad/crystal sword then Spirit is an extremely cheap way to obtain +2 skills and lots of mana too hehe. On West ladder Peasant Crown war hat will go for like 5 pgems and i can't imagine it higher @ Europe. Also u did not mention a merc? At lvl 47 its time to visit Griez and get an offensive (might) merc in nightmare and if you are really hard up sigon's helm+armor gives 10% life leech and just slap on any polearm you find/buy on the way :D Hwanin polearm and eth honor partizan are good low lvl merc weapons. Hope i helped

10. Pherdnut

Gems are the key for any starting player to get better gear. I'd recommend starting a mule account. Save every gem you find, regardless of quality, and stash them on a mule with a horadric cube so you can cube up (just give them yours and kill the council in Act III normal - they'll give you another one). Doing the same with runes will start netting you Amns sooner than you might expect. If you don't have transfer buddies you can still rapidly switch accounts and join the same passworded game to transfer gems on the ground.

It's best to do a couple runs before transferring since the game will stay open for five minutes once it's been active for five but this method is still a little bit risky. It's not a big deal if you lose a few gems but I don't recommend it for really nice items. Do the same with a rune mule but get a friend to help you transfer particularly valuable runes and items.

11. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

That's a bug. It doesn't happen very often and it's not soo serious, so I guess Blizzard won't ever fix it, but still...

Going a bit OT here, but I wish Blizzard had put a bit more thought into the Anya reward --- for a necro, Anya will at least hand out heads. My new *Bow*azon got a spear from normal Anya, and another spear from nightmare Anya... I haven't rushed her to A5 yet, so I don't know what hell Anya will give her :)

It would be an interesting effort to create an algorithm that creates a random rare that's biased towards your character build, based on skillpoints, hotkeys, equipment and creative guessing. Such an algorithm would probably be fooled by rushing, but for people trying untwinked playing it wouldn't be a bad thing --- and probably reduce the number of items that are immediately returned to Anya :)

Still, the 10 resists are good :) Much better than the really useless quests, like Bloodraven...

12. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well my wish to to have Blizz actually change the way/rewards work with Anya Quest and such :p Maybe since getting the malus lets one imbue rares with Charsi why not allow a similiar reward for anya (after 10res all scroll) I was thinking of an imbue ...but this time a special craft recipe that works with any item of choice and has special auto mods like +2 char skill or high enhanced damage , etc :p Also to this day i have yet to see the point of anya's 'personalise item' reward - in earlier patches and indeed this one writing your char's name on an item actually lowers its trade value! Also i wouldn't mind if Ancients are made harder but with a chance to drop TC according to their mlvl in all difficulties and provide a stiff challenge :D Lastly all acts have mercs to hire and i wish Blizz could come up with cool new ones at act 4 hehe