Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help w/ Cleric Paladin & Merc!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by FalconPunch, Aug 17, 2010.

1. FalconPunch

FalconPunch IncGamers Member

Need help w/ Cleric Paladin & Merc!

Hi guys, I am confused with a few things but I'll shore up what I know.

If I max prayer and use cleansing as my active aura I get the prayer heal bonus.

If I keep cleansing as my active aura and wear insight I get double the prayer heal bonus.

So here is my question: If I use a normal act2 combat merc with prayer and give him insight, AND give my cleric insight, will both meditation auras work for healing simultaneously? In other words, I realize the mercs prayer and my cleansing are stacking, and meditations are another story. Would both meditations grant the life regen bonus, or would only the higher level one? (In such a case I would hope it is my paladin's)

Someone please respond to this!

2. Swamigoon

Swamigoon IncGamers Member

Re: Need help w/ Cleric Paladin & Merc!

IIRC, the game will alternate periodically (every second or so?) between your meditation aura and your merc's meditation aura. In my observations, prayer (and prayer-synergy) behaves like other pulse auras, in that it heals in periodic spurts. Using this metaphor, some pulses would heal at your rate, others would heal at your merc's rate, but never both at the same time.

However, if you use cleansing as your active aura, then you'll get the effect of 3 prayers: your merc's combat aura, his prayer synergy to the Insight runeword's aura, and your own synergy to your cleansing aura.

If you put 20 points in prayer, then your cleansing aura will be the strongest healer of the three; I think a high level normal combat merc's prayer aura only gets as strong as level 17 or 18, and if the merc is jabbing with an Insight, the synergy to the meditation aura is the same.

3. FalconPunch

FalconPunch IncGamers Member

Re: Need help w/ Cleric Paladin & Merc!

Thank you for your help! :) It is very much appreciated. I figure I can have over 175/s from this information (or 2 seconds, I forget what prayer pulses at now)