Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help, Uber Necro!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by gravithan_z, May 2, 2008.

1. gravithan_z

gravithan_z IncGamers Member

Need help, Uber Necro!

Need help, I need a uber necro guide ladder please!!!

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

3. tycIbn

tycIbn IncGamers Member

Re: Need help, Uber Necro!

hmmm... it's been a while since i've made one. but since i'm in the process of getting one together.

it's your basic fishymance build with a few changes.

Skills:
    20 pt. Raise Skeleton.
    1-20 pt. Raise Skeleton Mages.
    20 pt. Skeleton Mastery.
    1+ pt. Clay Golem.
    1+ pt. Golem Mastery.
    1 pt. Blood Golem.*
    1 pt. Iron Golem.*
    1 pt. Summon Resist.
    1 pt. Revive.
    1 pt. Amplify Damage.*
    1 pt. Weaken.*
    1 pt. Terror.
    1 pt. Decrepify.
    1+ pt. Bone Armor.**
    1 pt. Teeth.* **
    1 pt. Corpse Explosion.* **
    1+ pt. Bone Wall.**
    1 pt. Bone Spear.* **
    1+ pt. Bone Prison.**

*Pre-requisite
    **Optional if wanting to use Bone Armor. Kinda pointless in my opinion, but better safe than sorry. Plus you'll have the extra points left over.
    ***I recommend maxing Raise Skeleton Mages.

Stats(veries from person to person, depends on play style.):

Strength - Enough to wear gear.... more on that later.

Dexerity - Depends on the player. I believe at level 94 you need around 230 to max block with Homunculus. But you aren't really going to be fighting, so it's really not neccessary.

Vitality - Everything else. More life = survival.

Mana - None.

Gear:

Helm: Harlequin Crest Shako. Nothing better, +2 skills, +Life, +Mana, +2 attributes.

Armor: Enigma. What makes this build work is tele stack. And you need Engima to tele. You have two options really, three actually. Breast Plate (30str req), Light Plate (41str req.), or Mage Plate (55str). I recommend Light Plate or Mage Plate more defense isn't a bad thing.

Belt: Arachnids Mesh. +1 skills, +5% Maximum Mana. Expensive but worth it.

Gloves: Magefist. Why? 25% Regenerate Mana.

Ammy: Mara's Kaleidoscope. +2 Skills, Resistances, and +2 Attributes, it's hard to beat. If you can not find or afford, a rare ammy with +2 necro skill and +mana, will do.

Rings: Stone of Jordan. +1 SKills, +Mana. Can't find, don't know what to tell you.

Boots: You have two choices. Sandstorm Trek or Marrowwalk. My perference is Marrowwalk. You get +1-2 Skeleton Mastery and 10% Regenerate Mana. There is a 20 point strength difference, Treks (98) and Walks (118). But that should be an issue.

Shield: Homunculus. I don't need to say why.

Weapon: For me personally, you must have at weapons. Arm of Kind Leoric for summoning. "Beast" War Axe for actual Uber killing. I change because the Fanatacism adds 93% damage, 29% attack speed, 80% attack rating increase for your party. You lose some skills, but you're just casting Decrepify... you don't need it.

Switch: "Call to Arms" and Lidless Wall. For Battle Orders. You don't need to waste to strength for a "Spirit" Monarch.

Merc:

Weapon: "Infinity" Elite Eth Polearm. This weapon is a must have. Conviction, Cushing Blow, Prevent Monster Heal. It has every mod you need to Uber.

Armor: "Chains of Honor" or "Fortitude" Eth Elite Armor. Different people swear by different things.

Helm: Andariel's Visage. 20% IAS, Leech Life. Socket and add a Ber (Crushing Blow) and you have monster helmet. Other options are Gulliame's Face or Vampire's Gaze.

.... to address strength and gear. the most strength that you will need is 118 and that is for Marrowwalk. Assuming you get the gear I recommened. assuming you're at lvl 80. You'll need a base of 55 to wear Mage Plate "Enigma" which adds 60. Shako adds 2. Mara's add 5. You'll be able to wear Marrowwalk. You have already have an Anni or a N Torch, it counts down the cost a lost. At the very least you'll never to but in 40 points to strength.

How to play:

Using a Necromance to Uber is not the easiest thing in the world. As always you need to gather your minions. I recommend the portal to Nihlathak. Quick easy. BEFORE OPENING THE PORTAL CHECK TO SEE IF BLUNDERBORE (act2), GOREBELLY(act2), MAULER(act3), URDAR(act4) HAVE SPAWNED. Why you ask? Simply, Crushing Blow. Without these guys, Ubering is near impossible. If the haven't spawned, just create a new game. Start with the Urdar because the are the strongest and toughest out of the 4 (note: if they have spawned in one area it's likely that they have spawned in the others). After rebuilding you're army, gathering your giants, it's time to enter the portal. You can BO in Tristam or at the Foothills, your choice. I suggest switch to your "Beast" if you have one before you enter the portal. Teleport around trying to draw out Mephisto, when she is out, teleport on top of her. Cast Decrepify and run away. Spam Decrepify until she is dead. If other monster come up to bother your minions, cast terror on them and they will run away. (To be honest, at the level Decrepify will be at it'll last for more than 8 seconds, so you really don't have to spam... I think.) Repeat for Diablo and Baal. With Baal you'll have to wrong more about monsters bothering you and you'll have to cast Terror more often. Remember to kill monster that spawn, if you don't they'll just be a bother. When you're Revives die, don't hesitate to go back and Revive them again. Hopefully with Prevent Monster Heal the Ubers won't be a full health when you get back.

This build isn't for the poor or those who want to Uber in about a minute. It takes time. But there is something about stacking 30+ minions on top of an Uber that is just satisfying. I hope this helps someone trying to make one or someone thinking of making one. Please ask questions, make suggestions, or give me a Mage Plate Engima on US East SC Ladder, just kidding. Kinda.

*This is rough. Very rough. I haven't had an Uber Necro in over a year, so this is from my memory. Things could change once I get Ubering again. But I'll make a complete guide with calculations, more in-depth stat skill distribution, and alternative gear guide.

hmmm... seems like there was already one. way to waste an hour. go me!

4. gravithan_z

gravithan_z IncGamers Member

Thank you, im new to the forum, so how can i close the post? i dont want people bumping lol

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You can't. Only the Mods and Admins can. So if you want this closed send me a PM.