Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help to sort out resists problem in hell

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by egervari, Mar 13, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

Need help to sort out resists problem in hell

Hi, I'm a frozen arrow/strafe zon and I'm having major resists problems in hell. I'm using the following gear:

15% nightwing with 5/5 die facet
    chains of honor wirefleece
    412%/15% botd crusader bow
    arrows :p
    nosferatu's coil
    cats eye
    waterwalks
    rare +2 bow skill, 20 ias, +11 dex, +4 strength, +19 mana gloves
    20x/20 ravenfrost
    rare 100 attack rating, 6/8, 11 dex, 20% cold res ring

I can probably swap out the boots and ammy first to get more resists, but I'm not entirely sure what to do. Any thoughts? This is east ladder btw.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

hum myself i use a kiras guardian with a um and a COH achron plate and with the res awards in normal nightmare and hell i have my max res without other gear.

thats 80+65+30=175

but as you use the nightwing i think the only thing you could do is get another kind of ammy like a perfect maras or something(you lose speed though)

and of course rare res boots

and lastly you could get some res small charms

3. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

I should probably swap out the ammy for a highlords, but even better would be to get an ammy like this I suppose

+2 amazon skills
    +15 dex
    +5% mana leech
    All Resistances 20

IF I could find that, or something like it, I'd be pretty happy. The one thing with the unique boots is that none of them are godly resist boots. Back in classic, we have these dupes called soul shanks that give ~45% to practically everything except for poison, plus other great mods like 30% run/walk and some strength I believe. Boy could I use those :)

I guess I'll switch over to highlords and get some extra lightning resist anyway. I just gotta mule it over. How much does res-all charms costs on east-ladder? It's not something heavily traded so I dunno.

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

dont play on bnet as i cant stand the bed people there.

im sure you know witch type of people i mean.

so i play sp and have found all res charms i even used trough mf runs or just plain playing trough the game.

so cant give you any tip of what those would cost.

5. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Sigh. My highest resistance in Hell is -68. I am going through all of Hell using Twitchroe as my armor, unupgraded. So that's low defense and negative resistance. 2 strikes. But I do have titans. Yet I don't die as often as the others, even when monster lightning bathes my character.

A well-designed zon having High life, good amount in dodge/evade/avoid, decoys and a smart player using the mouse to dodge can get through most problems in hell, and doesn't have to beg for stuff.

Living and dealing with junk pays off, as opposed to being an eBay player. You become a very good player, and really appreciate a great trade.

That being said, keep your resistance charms. Don't be that suicidal.

6. adddm

adddm IncGamers Member

Any thoughts? Let's see...top of the line Nightwing with top of the line cold facet, botd, coh, top of the line ravenfrost, nice rare gloves/dual leech ring, and wishing you had duped boots.

And you're complaining about your low resists?

OK, here's my suggestions:

1. Swap Nightwing for Um'd Tals Mask (+30% Resists) - I believe Tals Mask is relatively cheap (sarcasm) and if you've made BOTD and COH, another Um shouldn't be too difficult,
    2. Swap BOTD for Witchwild String (+40% Resists) (Shael/Shael) - WWS is also easy to find,
    3. Swap Cats Eye for Highlords (+35% LR) - since you already have Highlords,
    4. Swap Waterwalk for Aldurs Boots (+40-50% FR) - again relatibely cheap item.

Thus, you still have +90% IAS (40% Bow, 10% Belt, 20% Gloves, 20% Amulet) which gives you 9/2 with WWS and you have +70% LR, +75% FR, +55% CR, +35% PR) without using any resist charms. This way you can dump that BOTD piece of junk and use a real amazon's weapon.

7. Thistle

Thistle IncGamers Member

I know this isn't the "cool" way to go, but you could try some of the pieces of Iratha's set. (A very under-rated set, IMHO.) The helm alone gives 30 resist to both fire and lightning. The ammy gives 30 resist to poison and I think another 15 resist to all as a partial set bonus. (You may want to double check on that since I usually use at least the helm, ammy and belt together.) The whole set together will give you about 60 resist to all with the set bonuses. And, since the entire set consists of belt, ammy, gloves and helm it still leaves you with two rings, armor and boots for your other stats. Combine that with runeword smoke armor and your resists will be in very good shape.

How many points do you have in valk? If you haven't done so already, max her as soon as you can. She's a fabulous tank and since all the goons will go after her, you can be a safe distance away strafing and your low resists won't matter a great deal. Right now my level 75 zon has -53 in poison and cold, 20 in fire and lightning. The only time she has trouble is from a cold enchant who casts nova when it dies. If she's not quite far enough when the nova goes off she'll get wiped, but other than that I don't even notice her low resists. Granted, I'm not planning to take her into any of the Act 2 tombs with all the poison in floating around, but for pit runs or regular areas she does fine. She's using Iratha's ammy and helm with rare boots and ring for resists. Otherwise she wears Haemosus armor with Tal's belt and a manald heal ring and Laying of Hands gloves. No resists on any of them.

If you want to concentrate on the two worse elemental attacks, fire and lightning, try nokozan's ammy for the 50 resist to fire and a regular or rare high lightning resist ring to go with it. They aren't hard to find or trade for.

Good luck! And definitely max your valk!