Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Help on Trapsin Gear Specifics

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by eA-Zaku, Mar 30, 2005.

1. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

Need Help on Trapsin Gear Specifics

I know I've probably asked too many times in the past, but my trapsin is nearing completion. But I really have some questions on socketing and etc. and I am unsure whether or not I have chosen the best gear selection.

Shako (socket with what?)
    +2 assassin 10% FCR amulet
    +10% FCR rare ring
    +10% FCR rare ring
    "Enigma" Breast Plate
    +3 Traps +20% IAS Blade Talon [2 Open Socket] (socket with what?)
    +3 Traps Blade Talon [2 Open Socket] (socket with what?)
    Upgraded Magefist or Trang Oul's Glove? (Mana pot allowed)
    Arachnid's Mesh
    65 Life Waterwalks

10 Trap Charms
    1 +12 attribute :( Annihilus
    9 20 life Small Charms

with that horrible Anni, I need +1 dex from a ring/ammy in order to stay base dex/str and all vit. I need the Waterwalks because they give a nice +15 dex, allowing me to use blade talons without putting any points in dex.

Does anyone have better gear suggestion or socketing advice? It would be greatly appreciated. Also, will my + strength ever be high enough to wear Shadow Dancers? Or will I need to Fal my Shako/Claws?

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Socket your claws with 15%IAS/Resist jewels to hit the 9frame trap laying speed. I would go with Trang glove for the cold resist as your resist will be pretty low from no shield.

3. turmania

turmania IncGamers Member

how do you xpect to get your resists up to 75 on hell with that setup? you will use fade?

u need to soclet your claws with 15 ias 15 res jewels and you need 4 of them. and those jewels are very rare hard to get. and putting them in a claw which only gives +3 traps is a bad idea. most ppl look for claws that give +3 traps and +3 lightning sentry. you shoulld get those claws first then try to get 15 ias 15 res jewels. soclet your shako with um or those jewels again.
    and change your ammu to a good sin amu, with 20 fcr so you can use at least 1 soj, whilst still keeping the same fcr.

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I believe IAS on one claw affects the trap laying speed so technically he only needs 2 or shaels to hit the bp. (dont have time to check how much IAS you need) On the 2nd claw, you can just use resist jewels.

5. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Well as most people know, I always suggest going dual claw for trappers, but that's really only good advice for trappers who can afford expensive gear. I think your best bet would be to go Hoto/shield, and either hit 102 fcr if you can afford the other fcr gear, or wear sojs and hit 65.

If you do decide to go with those claws, don't waste good jewels on them, wait until you get better claws to stick ias/res all jewels in them.

Here's a decent 102 fcr setup that isn't too expensive.

Hoto
    2 sin/10 fcr amulet (the one you already have)
    Arachnids
    Trangs gloves
    2 sin/20 fcr circlet

If you're on ladder you can use a spirit shield and ditch the amulet and circlet for shako and maras.

6. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

I see... well thanks for all the input, but I'm level 87 with every single point in vit so I guess I'll have to stick with claws.

That said, do I have to gamble +3 Trap +3 light sentry? Because the only claws that I see that could even have the possibility of that is greater talons from anya, and can that even spawn on Blade Talons?

7. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

You can gamble them from hell anya