Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help on my hybrid zon build. Thanx

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Polygemus, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Polygemus

Polygemus IncGamers Member

Need help on my hybrid zon build. Thanx

Level 73 and just entered hell

Equipment
    Helm: Shako
    Armor: Mabina Kraken Shell
    Weapon: Titan with Windforce as backup
    Shield: Stormshield
    Gloves: Laying of Hands
    Belt: Razortail
    Rings: Dual Leech ring and Raven frost
    Amulet: Highlord
    Boots: Gore rider

Skill distribution
    20 Power Strike
    20 Charged Strike
    20 Lightning Fury
    1 pt each in D/A/E
    1 pt each in critical strike, penetrate, pierce
    1 pt each in Jab, poison javelin, lightning bolt, plague javelin (pre-req)
    No pts in bow skill tree.
    I have 9 extra pts at the moment.
    What do I do?

Q1: Put one pt into guided or try to max FA to deal with Lightning Immune?
    Q2: Holy Freeze Merc or Might Merc?
    Q3: Anyway I can improve on my equipment setup? Gore-riders seem a bit weird as I am not a bowazon and I dunno whether the effects on gore-riders work with Guided Shot.

2. flapserdk

flapserdk IncGamers Member

Freezing Arrow rocks

I will recommend that you put some points in Freezing Arrow (FA) instead of Fire Arrow, because FA is very effective when you have a WF. My slvl 90 ama has one point in FA, and with WF FA is very effective.

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

i assume your main attack is LF (with only 1 point in peirce?), if this is the case i'd swap the gores out for better boots, as LF really won't benefit from all the mods on them.

and imo a might merc with a reapers (so he can help with LI & PhyI)

4. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

If you are attacking with LF you need to put more points into pierce. If you are CB then it's probably ok with just +skills. Either way you REALLY should invest in a valk, optimally slvl 17 with +skills for the big gun rare war pike weapon. A might merc isn't totally necessary but will help with immunes if you have to patience (and $$) to ressurect him constantly.

5. jren

jren IncGamers Member

he has razortail which adds pierce.

back on main topic:
    Q1-
    I wont tell you what skills to put because its based on preference however, ill tell you the pros of each.

i mainly use 1 pt guided for leech (1 shot with guided gets me full mana and full life). HOWEVER, if it is only a single light immune monster, then yes, guided is awesome for that. Also keep in mind, if you get 1 pt in guided, then that means you will also have 1 pt in multiple, so that should take care of your light immune problem as well.

FA/CA is only good at high levels and/or if you max both (And trust me when i say this--> but you will be chugging mana pots when using these skills. Still, its good.

Q2-
    both are good although if i had to choose, i would get a NM defensive merc (freeze). If you can afford a doom runeword that you can put into your merc, you can get both auras like me:lol:

Q3-
    gore riders are OK but i think sandstorm treks/war travs are other options that you can go with. Or if you really want, get a pair of rare boots with FRW/FHR/str/resists *cough. :surprise:

6. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Razortail is only 33% pierce, hardly enough for LF imo, but whatever works for him...

7. jren

jren IncGamers Member

ah yes, i thought about the 33% only on razortail however, if he has 1 skill and +skills from his shako(2), ammy(1), and titans(2), it gives him +5 to pierce. so in total he will have 6 to pierce (or more) which is 59%.

1 question
    does the 59% pierce stack onto the 33% (92% chance)
    or
    is it first considering the 59% first and if it doesnt pierce then the 33% on razortail (or rather vice versa)

8. Polygemus

Polygemus IncGamers Member

Thanx for the feedback. jern from what I read the 33% pierce from razortail is stacked on top of the slevel of pierce.

I actually have +7 to pierce (shako+2, mavina armor+2, titans+2, highlord+1)
    So it is hopefully 65% + 33% = 98%

Somebody suggested sandstorm boots?? *Scratch scratch my head* anyone can enlighten me why sandstorm better than gore riders?

9. jren

jren IncGamers Member

well, sandstorms save you needed stat points in str that you can use in other stats. however, since you already made your zon, guess that doesnt really help =/. Anyways, Sandstorms also helps give that much need fhr (in pvp, fhr is very very important and more important than in pvm). Also the 10+ stats in vit never hurts.

Mainly i like these because it gives FRW And the 20 FHR which to my recollection, the only other unique pair thaat gives FHR is shadow dancers? :scratch:. (oh unless you get those *rare* boots :lol: )

Sandstorm treks were only 1 of the alternative options for boots. personally i like them very much and if you notice other ppl online, you will probably see that many ppl nowadays wear sandstorms as well, on east nonladder anyways(especially PvPers).

10. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Answer 1. I say add three points to pierce to get to 100 percent.

Then get 1 level fire arrow (for magic conversion),

Then do all prereq for then get freezing arrow.

That should cover just about anybody you face in hell.

A2. Freeze merc, for better herding.

A3. Only thing I can think of as an improvements to your gear are:

a. Mara's Kaliedoscope as amulet (that might be eBay talk, sorry).
    b. You may also try either Infernostride (fire), or go for mana regenerating crafted boots. Those are easier to get.

11. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

this is my build at lvl 80:

20 lfury
    20cstrike
    20carrow
    20farrow

1 in all passives excepting valks.

i use maras, shako, chains of honor, 1 soj, 1 raven, razortail, sandstorms, 20ias +3 java gloves, stormshield, anni, 4 java chrms, and wizendraw as my switch bow (sometimes i use the burrito cannon, but wizen is sexy)

if i cant kill it in less than 3 seconds, no one can.

1 point in pierce with +skills and razortail is all you will EVER need. maybe more if you really want to tweak and have +3 skills from tgods, but I don't notice any difference at all in the killing speed of an 800 max or a 1500 max damage light fury. They kill at the same rate, and I've also noticed that 800 dmg with 100% pierce kills faster than 2500 dmg with only 50 or 60 pierce. So the point about pierce being important should not be taken lightly - it is necessary for lighting fury as well as freezing arrow. FA demands it for splash radius, LF for similar reasons (although I wouldn't call bolts of lighting that bounce off walls and all over the place a "splash" necessarily)

I seriously believe in this build because it takes advantage of two of the top (although mana intensive) skills in the game (FA and LF) and covers pretty much every immunity. There aren't many light/cold immunes out there, and you can always jab them or guided arror them to death if there were. Or you could carry a kuko in yr inventory just in case. Whatever rocks your world.

12. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

don't forget: vs act bosses, use charged strike.