Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

need help on a bm/gm pvp dueling summoning nec

Discussion in 'PvP' started by grasshopper, Oct 31, 2006.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper IncGamers Member

need help on a bm/gm pvp dueling summoning nec

k what do i do for gear best of the best

what do i do for skills?
    what dose merc neeed to wear

how do i use this char>

2. grasshopper

3. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

I don't think you watched too closely.

1) Juvies on the belt were used alot
    2) He never shows a whole duel, it shows him losing life, cuts out to two ppl dueling then him jumping and killing them.
    3) He doesnt show you the 10 minutes preparation he has before dieing and doing it again
    4) Summoners suck pvp lol, theres a thread on best europe dueler, check the second and last pages...

IMC :grin:

4. grasshopper

lol summioners GFG bro

and btw add with that what stats to?

5. IMCanadian

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=506291&page=7

As you gain experiance on the forums you will come to learn Ce Olba is never wrong. Also, summoners havnt been good for a while. As soon as ppl figure out the tricks they use and develope strategies they are nothin. Try me, you can go ahead and make one, you don't need to work to much with one, you rely on lag and minions protecting you, but as you will learn 1) minions are a juvie pot each 2) most build GG you easy with or without tap and don't take you serisouly 3) You will give up after you get sick of the 10 minute
    prebuff

6. grasshopper

stell need a build and **** like a said lol

7. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Summoners are garbage against everything other than complete idiots. Just don't make one.

lol

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Anyone with a ring/ammy with charges of Confuse (I have a nice rare one btw) will kill you without even having to move. IIRC Confuse works on your minions, they'll ALL start attacking you, killing you in less than half a second. That's the summoner's biggest weakness.

Actually the summoner's biggest weakness is that it's a pvm-only build, and the best at it too IMO.

Also, Howl/Terror/HCMTF works too... minions run off scared leaving summoner in the open for an easy dispatch.

If you're adamant, search the Stickies, there are a few summoner guides there. It's up to you to adapt it for PvP use. (e.g. gear changes such as HotO, Beast, SS etc etc.)

9. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

Exactly. :smiley:

10. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

summoners are great pvm chars, but just too slow for pvp. I felt bad the other day, a summoner came into a dueling game where I was the only character still there. Unfortunatly, I'm an auradin, all I had to do was charge around and 3 pulses destroyed his entire army leaving him useless (until he also died).

11. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

Summoner are not made for pvp man. Its a hoot to run in to a duel game after you've mf'd it dry and have hidden your gold some where and tele around knowing that you'll more than likely die with in 2 mins. Before i left a game once i tele'd outside and took out one of those team nk peeps and sat there to nk them for a bit while the other gm guys got their stuff together. (too bad they turned on me in the end, giving the bm team a chance to recover and crush them lol...)

stick to pvm mate, the pvp is just an ammusing thing to play with after mfing.

-BLoke :smug:

12. IMCanadian

Psh I believe I got my support lol. But I do believe I know why you want to make a summoner. There was a time when ppl feared them pvp, but again ppl adapt fast...and I think it was mostly the lag..

13. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Summoners do not suck in PVP..... you just need to know how o duel with them, yet....
    1) You will have to live with the fact that certain characters are out of your reach (ie. auradins)
    2) That necro used the cheapes tricks (ie. pots) to keep himself alive.
    3) They will eventually catch on to your ploys.
    Basically.... you will need to decript + tele on everyone. If they have tap...... your dead. Hammerdins...... if they have a care to get good def.. your dead.

Summonmancers are still very viable in PVP, IM, while nerfed, still takes down good WW barbs in one cast. Decriptifty + tele stack will hurt alot of guys, throw in 20+ big revives and they wont be able to reach you at all. Generally you'll have the hardest time VS trappers (pierce) and good sorcs (who will evade you for minutes.. while taking out your minions one at a time). Easiest duels come from non-lifetap/low def pally's, all zons, lighting sorcs (who dont think to use nova) and the easiest of all.... WW Barbs.

14. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Hah.

You are so wrong. WW barbs are an opponent a summoner will rarely if ever win.

You see, the amount of life you regain via lifetap is directly 50% of the damage you deal. That's already enough for you to negate Iron Maiden.

Also, Berserk's damage is not returned by Iron Maiden, so you can also use telezerking. And yes, there WILL be a lot of chances to lock the mancer. Leap + Howl will take care of that easily at any time.

As for your revives, they have a two minute timer, so if you summon ~40 of them, most of them will expire during the first minute of the duel. And if the barbarain acknowledges the timer of revives, he can just play defensively for a couple of minutes. Your skeletons are of no real damage to him unless he stands still and you have him amplified.

And this is based on all of my duels with a Summoner. I've dueled even a decked out one and ended up dying only 1-3 times. Once was when my Life Tap ended less than half a second after I started my whirlwind. Once might've been via stupidity (such as standing still for a second too much when amplified). I do not recall even one kill done purely by the Summoner.

But that's the way you can expect it to be. The summoner depends on the stupidity and lack of quality in the opponent to win. If the opponent is not stupid and has a little bit of quality, the Summoner will lose 10-0 or so.

15. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Summoners are not viable in PvP, period. Do you play West NL? If so, post acc name and I'll duel you with my barb. Howl or Lifetap, either way your minions aren't going to shield you..

16. blobswannabe

blobswannabe IncGamers Member

Summoners are so easy all you need is telezerk. ZERO hot keys required. Even a newbie can own a summoner by sitting in town and wasting his hours of summoning.

17. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Lol, you barbs are too cocky. Yes you COULD try and telezerk, but when? The necro will have a much faster cast rate than you will, and will be on you before you can lock on. And in the event that you do use lifetap, the necro will switch to decriptify and laugh as you die. Lets break out the math, 16 minions x (1400 x 1.5 from decript) = 33k damage per hit. Minions do 1/2 damage against players, so thats 17500 dmg from telestack. And that isnt counting mages or revives. Mages thrown in would be about 1k elemental dmg AFTER maxed resists and PVP minion penalty. As for revives..... hehe we preer to get the biggest baddest guys for duels (ie. frenzytaurs, urdars, wailing beasts) anyone who will preent you from telestacking. After that, decript and telestack = barb's death cry. I dont know, maybe your fighting summoners who have no idea how to duel, but i have yet to lose to a WW barb.... or any barb for that matter.

Olba....... 3 minutes for revives... not 2.
    PS. Nope sry, US East Ladder for me

18. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

More like how you L duelers are so cocky. You apparently have no experience whatsoever against a barb that knows what he's doing. If I got decreped instead of IM'd, how will your army EVER hope to kill me? I have lifetap on you. I'll regen my life back with practically every touch on your minions. You can spear/spirit me, you can let your minions beat on me, but as long as I WW even once, I'm going back to full HP. And eventually I'll break all your minons and get to you, and you'll be dead.

Seriously, what can you do? You think teleporting ON me when I've got lifetap on you is going to kill me? I'm assuming you're hoping I have the reflexes of a blind 3 year old with no fingers.. I see that stack teleport on me, you're going to have to 1 hit KO me MID-WW in order to kill me [which is pretty much impossible, since I'm going to be leeching constantly].

Edit: Not to mention I'll be leaping the entire time. As soon as you teleport even around me your stack will be broken almost instantaneously. Easy tele-zerk on 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of summoners. Even with good FHR, you're simply not going to be able to kill me if I'm leaping + lifetapping you.

19. jsyou

jsyou Banned

you have no idea what you are talking about maybe you ezpk ik barbs on ladder,
    but leap/howl berzerk can ezpk any summoners and its like 2 zerks your dead happy getting the hole army back up again.

20. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Sorry. You forgot about Doom, which makes your skeleton warriors hit so slow that you will have no darn chance of doing anything. Also, as long as you use Beast, you will NOT be faster than a BvC. Learn some breakpoints. Also, you forgot abouyt 50% PDR in your calculation. And you also forgot chance to hit. If your calculation was true, then how come my 6.1k life BvC took a whole army of ~+-35ish skeletons under amp for +-10 seconds by a summoner decked out with pride, might merc, beast, etc?

As for the telezerk, you've never even heard of anyone good if you do not know that teleporting on top results in an automatically being in the range of the other dueler. Oh, and if this guy has a namelock on you, that's also an automatical hit ON YOU, not your minions. Easy enough?

Had a little something there. I knew it was 180 seconds, but I still took it as 2 minutes.

And playing on Ladder, you shouldn't talk like that. Try non-ladder and you will be surprised.

Also, as mentioned, the Decrepify is a big mistake. Then we do not even need to use Lifetap, but we can just use Howl instead and that would make it so that if you stood still for a second, all your skeleton warriors would be running, making only your revives (which take 180 seconds to expire) and mages to attack, making you useless.

I find it funny how a help-seeking thread turned into a hey-let's-all-bash-some-summoner-until-some-ladder-dude-comes-to-talk-big-and-then-we-can-have-a-good-laugh-and-possibly-spill-some-coffee-on-our-keyboard/shirt-and-get-angry.