Need help. New guy here

Loyct

Diabloii.Net Member
Need help. New guy here

Hi. I'm new to the forums, and pretty much new to d2 (classic), although i've played it a few years ago.

Now i have a level 54 cold sorc, maxed orb, bolt and cold mastery.

I've been having major problems in hell lately, with the immune to cold AND fire, stone skin, MSLE bosses in the blood more..so i can't even complete my first quest.

I was thinking to add points to lightning or CL, but some people adviced a meterorb sorc, but this also would be pwned by immune cold+fire, but thier argument was static (1 pt). Does that help?

Also, i have 104 pts in energy, around 70+ in str, and 30-40 in dex. Should i put the rest into vit? I don't feel i have enough mana though (they run out fast), needing to spam those orbs frequently in CS or other areas.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

belladonna

Diabloii.Net Member
Vitality is key

All i know from what i've been told over the past few years is vitality is the key. So the basics are to have around 400 vit by 80+, so i would not recommend putting any more in energy. As for metior/orb i've have heard nothing good from a mix of the fire/cold trees, however a very popular thing now is to add to thunder strike. And with static and a someone damaging ts cold immunes should be dealt with rather easily.

As for ur mana problems i would have to know ur gear to add any solutions, but frost burns are a rather cheap way to beef up mana. And of course sojs are nice but very hard to come by.

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
if you use energy shield you need to put points into telekenisis

if you don't use energy shield don't put anymore into energy nd pump vitality nd if you run out of mana quick use frostburns and/or sojs nd if you can't afford that use high mana rings. nd if you still run out of mana real fast...use pots or don't play sorcs lol have fun

edit: nd i wouldn't recommend dual elemental sorcs in classic because they are really weak.....but it's your choice

Loyct

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
if you use energy shield you need to put points into telekenisis

if you don't use energy shield don't put anymore into energy nd pump vitality nd if you run out of mana quick use frostburns and/or sojs nd if you can't afford that use high mana rings. nd if you still run out of mana real fast...use pots or don't play sorcs lol have fun

edit: nd i wouldn't recommend dual elemental sorcs in classic because they are really weak.....but it's your choice
And how would i deal with cold immunes if i got a cold immune, if not going dual

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
Loyct said:
And how would i deal with cold immunes if i got a cold immune, if not going dual
Join party games. Most chars can't kill everything effectivly without sacrificing in other areas.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
blizzball sorcs are strong on classic, imo, the strongest dual element sorcs.

Their killing speed is not much less than a pure cold or fire sorc, and they can kill everyone except for dual immunes.

100 energy imo is enough, so just pump the rest into vit. Remember pots are your friend.

400+ vit by lvl 80 for a sorc is if your rich and have 2 +str/dex with fcr rings with decent res. Or have some godly Boots or whatnot. Not to mention how much you'll need to pot.

Its best to focus on one skill tree. If your planning to duel I suggest maxing telekineses and 4 into energy shield.

Edit: wait how in the hell did u max out your man killing skills by lvl 54? typo? should it be 64 or something

Loyct

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality said:
100 energy imo is enough, so just pump the rest into vit. Remember pots are your friend.

400+ vit by lvl 80 for a sorc is if your rich and have 2 +str/dex with fcr rings with decent res. Or have some godly Boots or whatnot. Not to mention how much you'll need to pot.

Its best to focus on one skill tree. If your planning to duel I suggest maxing telekineses and 4 into energy shield.

Edit: wait how in the hell did u max out your man killing skills by lvl 54? typo? should it be 64 or something
Man killing skills? What are you talking about?
I'm not using e.shield. i'm level 54, and maxed orb. infact, i'm now 56, and have 21 orb with tarnhelm, and 11 ice bolt for synergy

I'm still having serious trouble trying to kill hell zombies in blood moor. So i'm still not conviced that a single tree is good enough

Clawback

Diabloii.Net Member
Loyct said:
Man killing skills? What are you talking about?
He's just asking the same question I had when I read your first post. You stated:

"Now i have a level 54 cold sorc, maxed orb, bolt and cold mastery".

It looked like you were saying you had maxed all three skills at level 54 - which is not possible. Your last post cleared that up by listing the 11 points in Ice Bolt.

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
i wouldn't recommend dual elemental sorcs in classic because they are really weak.....but it's your choice
Nonsense. One of my sorcies is tri-elemental, she is 1.09, and had alot of saved skill points that had to be spent on my 'old-school' skills to keep up with 1.10's greater resistances and hitpoints. When I play with most other sorcies, they seem weak cuz they are uno-elemental, and they can't touch about 1/3 of all monsters and have to run from them. If they have a lvl=1 static, then the surviving immunes cluster around them, they use static, and hopefully someone will kill these. The 1.10 sorc synergy skills are very powerful, but chew up huge #'s of skillpoints. Then u have to put some in warmth and mana shield, and well, not much left over if u have already spent 75 skill points to get this far....

With tri-elemental, ur most powerful skill for the least # of spent skillpoints is STATIC. Orbs are very efficient at damage and slowdown of that mob. Firewall, meteor, fireball are good for stationary caster mages. Chain lightning is supposed to be good at high levels, I am told, otherwise I wouldnt bother spending any points on lightning mastery. Cold and Fire mastery are good to invest in for a dual/tri elemental.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
dual elemental sorcs are certainly viable in classic. Blizzballers for instance

meteorb SUCKS in classic. Meteorb generally relies on a merc to tank while you wait for meteor to land :/

Fred

ethos

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta said:
meteorb SUCKS in classic
Right.. They also have a skill called fireball! suprisingly, it works very well in conjunction with orb, because one is a timer'd skill, and the other one isnt. And fireball deals damage much faster. I have tested meteorbs out quite a bit with and I have made one that can solo hell cs. 4.5k fireball with 320 orb and lvl 8 CM. I havnt really dueled with it, but from my experiences in xpac, meteorbs can hold their own in pubbies. They also rush/mf quite efficiently. Only thing is you have to have a big pocket, as they require 2 sojs, and since you use a tarn, slots available for +res are few. But ignorant comments like "They SUCK!!" dont really tell anyone anything except that your a moron. Why not try and explain why you think they suck? Present the evidence.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
fredsta54 said:
Meteorb generally relies on a merc to tank while you wait for meteor to land

This is some evidence right here. My experience is that you get hit while waiting for your meteor to land. Especially with little guys like dolls in Durance or in act 3 flayer, those little monsters who gang up on you and run fast. They are a pain with a meteor sorc.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
the thing is, although meteorbs are technically "viable" in classic, they pale in comparison to blizzball sorcs. I have tested both and guess which comes out on top.

I have also tested orb///fb and it is just not versatile enough.

Fred

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
What's the highest damage you have seen for a blizz sorc in Classic (in 1.10)? How about a meteor and meteorb?

ethos

Diabloii.Net Member
Highest damage i'v ever seen online
Blizz sorc: 4.7K
Meteor sorc: 13K meteor, 6K fireball
Meteorb sorc: 320 orb, 4.5k fireball, 9k meteor
Orb Sorc: 530 Orb
Light sorc: 11k lightning

MySorcPwnzYou

Diabloii.Net Member
quote?

ethos07-08-2005, 04:31 AM

sir, i just wanted to let u know that ive seen ppl with 33k lightning, 1200 orb, and i myself own a sorc with 24k fireball, and 44k metoer

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
MySorcPwnzYou said:

sir, i just wanted to let u know that ive seen ppl with 33k lightning, 1200 orb, and i myself own a sorc with 24k fireball, and 44k metoer
how is it possible to have 1200 orb dmg explain?

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member
MySorcPwnzYou said:

That has LOD written all over it.