Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Help Killing Diablo

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cyanight, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Cyanight

Cyanight Diabloii.Net Member

Need Help Killing Diablo

I have a HARDCORE necro with 20 in raise skeleton and 1 point in skeleton mastery, clay golem, corpse explosion, decrepify, bone armor, summon resist, golem mastery. My strength is 50 and everything else is in vitality. I think I have around 350 life. Fire and Lightning resist are maxed. I have a defense merc. I dont have any uber equipment and just used some runes and gems to max out my fire and lightning resist.

I have played this game many times starting with a necro and for some reason this time I am having a rough time damaging diablo. I seem to be well protected since Diablo never got my life below half but I can't kill him. When I put the clay golem out its instantly killed. My merc lasts until diablo unleashes the pink lightning which is every 5 seconds or less. The merc seems to be the only thing doing any damage. My pathetic horde of skeletons dont even get to attack.

I battled him for 2 hours last night and could not get his life below half. Then he healed himself completely and I had no more gold to res my merc.

Has something changed in 1.13? I remember before my golem would last long enough to get in several attacks. But now he dies instantly.

Please help if you can.

2. pelirrojo

pelirrojo Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Need Help Killing Diablo

The golem will pretty much die instantly until you get a massive amount of +skills. Just keep recasting it. Yes, this means you will need to pretty much spam him once every 1-2 seconds or so, and probably chug a lot of mana pots.

And obviously it's very important to keep him decrepped.

It sounds like you know what you're doing, so this probably isn't news to you. But that's all I got.

3. Cyanight

The golem doesn't last long enough to do any damage or so it seems. My merc seems to last longer and do some damage. I tried to life tap diablo and use the merc. It seemed to work until Diablo lightning struck him. I swear it was easier in 1.12 but maybe my memory is faulty, hehe.

4. Flip10thMtn

Flip10thMtn Diabloii.Net Member

Norm took me just under 1 hour and tons of trips to reveive Merc. (Amp - no decrep)

NM was about 10 mins: Gumby + Valk (Harmony) + Decrep and my Merc took him down (low Insight)

We'll see how Hell goes - hope to have better gear by then ;)

5. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

Diablo targets the golem over everything else, so summon him in such a way that your skeles won't be hit by the lightning hose.

6. Cyanight

Interesting... Maybe I should summon the golem a little bit away from him rahter than right on him.

7. pelirrojo

pelirrojo Diabloii.Net Member

The golem isn't supposed to do any damage, he's just there to slow and to keep the boss from slaughtering your merc and skellies.

8. jlofman

jlofman Diabloii.Net Member

I killed him yesterday in normal with my fishy. when dia started running I threw decrep on him, and continued to spam decrep, and he kind of was just running still, i.e. he didn't attack and my merc did damage to him.
    this might have been a one time lucky fluke kind of thing, but I managed to do it several times during the fight

9. Cyanight

Well I ended up cheating and made a throw away fire sorc and had my wife play her while I just kept cursing him. I am going to build a SC necro and try to beat him on my own.

10. DevilbIrd

DevilbIrd Diabloii.Net Member

Tip: Make a portal right where he normally spawns. Open the last seal take this portal to town. Wait ~3-5 secs for him to spawn then take the portal. This will achieve the minion stacking effect of an enigma/teleport. Then decript him and clay golem (purely for a slow).

If your merc is shot life tap.

11. zauber

zauber Diabloii.Net Member

Buy a wand with iron maiden +skill on it. Cast it on Diablo and just keep resummoning your clay golem. Diablo will eventually kill himself on the golem.

12. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls Diabloii.Net Member

I had little problem with norm D once I had decrep and 11 skeletons and act2 combat merc...granted I had to go resummon my horde once in doing so. But I just kept D under decrep constantly...and would throw gumby at him as well.

I pre-shopped in act5 for a pike that had the prevent monster from healing mod to it...and had my merc (Waheed) at the same level as me lvl 24. And between the 11 skeletons/gumby/decrep and Waheed...victory was mine.

Took me about 5 minutes in doing so in a solo game.

HoS

13. Ladvarian

Ladvarian Diabloii.Net Member

14. tetracycloide

tetracycloide Diabloii.Net Member

In addition the PMH mod is not applied by mercs.

15. LonghornRob

LonghornRob Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah I just did this also. Pretty much what everyone else did. I just spammed Decrep and CGolem and scrounged for corpses a couple of times. My merc never died for some reason.

16. CrushingBlow

CrushingBlow Diabloii.Net Member

Anybody have any Baal tips?

Same boat as this guy pretty much, but D wasn't too bad for me.

Lister and his crew really toss my army around pretty easily...And Baal is even worse. Even with Decrep, my Skeles don't even survive the walk to get across his platform to him.

And also, are bosses always a struggle for summoners? Or is there a point (like 40-50'ish when mastery is done) in NM or Hell that it suddenly becomes easier? Or is it more about Revives and +skills later on?

17. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

If you are close to 50 with most points into SM and RS, Baal should be fine with a prayer merc, it is the mages that don't last but that's okay for now. Bosses are not a struggle later on, just a tad slow without a good merc weapon

18. LonghornRob

LonghornRob Diabloii.Net Member

For Lister, I had to lure him and his goons away from Baal's own Decrep range. After that I just Decrepped them all (because Lister was extra fast), and my skeletons went to town on them. Baal seemed very easy to me. I just ran up to his face without waiting for my skeles, and TPd to town. Came back in immediately so all my minions could start attacking Baal immediately. I just kept the clay golem on him and Decrepped him. He could hardly even move.

And the bosses can actually become a lot easier once you have a few revives. Just go seek out Urdars, who come complete with Crushing Blow, and let them wail on the bosses.

19. CrushingBlow

CrushingBlow Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated. Finally got him, just got lucky with the decrep, and I kept spamming Clay Golem to keep the focus off of the rest of my army.

Good tips about Lister too, very helpful. I was using amp on them, and my skeles were in Baal's decrep range. No wonder it was a disaster.