need help in a Kicker build...

basketball

Diabloii.Net Member
need help in a Kicker build...

hi
i already read the kicking basics but still have some questions.
first, the boots really matter? what about the hand damge?
if im doin this build. what skills should i max? and what skills should i have at all? and whats better, C\C or C\S?
what items should i use?
10x...

Joergermeister

Diabloii.Net Member
Boots....

They make all the difference in the world. You want the highest damage boots possible for a kicker, which are Myrmidon greaves. Most people use upped gores or shadowdancers, but a nice rare pair can work as well.

Hand damage....

They don't call it a kicker for nothing. With kickers most of your damage normally comes from your feet. Your "hand" attack is normally used to charge a martial arts skill, and some assassin builds don't even do that.

Skills....

Well these really depend on the type of kicker your going to do. Most people either go dragon talon or dragon tail. Depending on which type of kicker your going to do will determine where your skill points should be put. I would suggest looking at the builds/guides sticky to see what type of kicker seems interesting to you.

C/C or C/S?....

Well this is really a matter of opinion. With C/S you get 75% chance to block attacks, but in order to achieve this you have to invest in dexterity. You also get increased resistances. With C/C you get at most I think a little over 60% chance to block attacks, this includes elemental attacks. While you only need enough dex for your claws you need to invest skill points in weapon block to up the percentage. With an assassin it also gives you more opportunity for +skills, and with a jade talon you can still get increased resistances. I like C/C better myself, but you'll have to decide.

Items....

Once again this really depends on the type of kicker your going to build. To me the only equipment any kicker needs is a nice set of Myrmidon greaves.

Well I hope this helps. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

*NiteHawk

basketball

Diabloii.Net Member
first of all. 10q :)

Joergermeister said:
Boots....

They make all the difference in the world. You want the highest damage boots possible for a kicker, which are Myrmidon greaves. Most people use upped gores or shadowdancers, but a nice rare pair can work as well.

Hand damage....

They don't call it a kicker for nothing. With kickers most of your damage normally comes from your feet. Your "hand" attack is normally used to charge a martial arts skill, and some assassin builds don't even do that.

Skills....

Well these really depend on the type of kicker your going to do. Most people either go dragon talon or dragon tail. Depending on which type of kicker your going to do will determine where your skill points should be put. I would suggest looking at the builds/guides sticky to see what type of kicker seems interesting to you.

C/C or C/S?....

Well this is really a matter of opinion. With C/S you get 75% chance to block attacks, but in order to achieve this you have to invest in dexterity. You also get increased resistances. With C/C you get at most I think a little over 60% chance to block attacks, this includes elemental attacks. While you only need enough dex for your claws you need to invest skill points in weapon block to up the percentage. With an assassin it also gives you more opportunity for +skills, and with a jade talon you can still get increased resistances. I like C/C better myself, but you'll have to decide.

Items....

Once again this really depends on the type of kicker your going to build. To me the only equipment any kicker needs is a nice set of Myrmidon greaves.

Well I hope this helps. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

*NiteHawk
second,
what build u like better? what build do u suggest? a link will help.
its my first time as a kicker so i really wanna know everythin.
any basics i should know about?
btw... trapsin is borin. very borin. and i dont have time 4 mana pots :lol: .
10x again. :clap:

basketball

Diabloii.Net Member
Joergermeister said:
Well my favorite build is the Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail assassin. Wildjinn has a good guide in the strategy compendium here: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=540

He covers many of the basics for this type of assassin and it is a good reference.

*NiteHawk
10x again.
i have a small prob. i didnt decide which build should i do yet. i dont want to waste my skill points on stupid skills.
the real problem is how i use the chargin. i know i should charge TS first and release it with DT but...
what should i do if i wanna have PS? what should i charge first? how should i release it?
sry for the noob questions. its my first AS build.
10x

Joergermeister

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if you are going to use PS you'll probably want to max one of its synergies as well, such as CoT or BoI. Maxing one of these will increase the dmg of one of PS's corresponding charges. i.e. maxing CoT will increase the lightning damage in PS's lightning charge. The beauty about assassins is you can charge multiple skills at once and then release. So it is up to you on how you want to charge and release. You could charge TS,PS,and CoT for example and then release or just TS or just PS or even just CoTand then release with DT. The only thing you DON'T want to do is use FoF in conjuction with DT because FoF converts physical dmg to fire dmg and DT is based on physical dmg, so charging up FoF all but negates the dmg of DT. Well A lot of this can be read in the forum FAQs or strategy guides, but I hope it helps. Good Luck.

*NiteHawk

basketball

Diabloii.Net Member
Joergermeister said:
Well if you are going to use PS you'll probably want to max one of its synergies as well, such as CoT or BoI. Maxing one of these will increase the dmg of one of PS's corresponding charges. i.e. maxing CoT will increase the lightning damage in PS's lightning charge. The beauty about assassins is you can charge multiple skills at once and then release. So it is up to you on how you want to charge and release. You could charge TS,PS,and CoT for example and then release or just TS or just PS or even just CoTand then release with DT. The only thing you DON'T want to do is use FoF in conjuction with DT because FoF converts physical dmg to fire dmg and DT is based on physical dmg, so charging up FoF all but negates the dmg of DT. Well A lot of this can be read in the forum FAQs or strategy guides, but I hope it helps. Good Luck.

*NiteHawk
umm... 10x again. i think im ready.
btw, how much time the charges stay till i release them. im sure there is a time limit.
10x.