Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help finding a band/song

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Golvelius, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Golvelius

Golvelius IncGamers Member

Need help finding a band/song

Okay guys, this is a bit of an odd thing to ask, but I have had no luck finding this song on my own. My google-fu is weak.

I have only heard it once, so I may be WAY off here. But it is a rock song with an Indian/middle eastern sound to it. The singer belts out "free and away" (I think) as the chorus. However my search for "free and away" on google has turned up nothing. Which leads me to believe that he may be saying something else, and I'm a goober.

Also, at one point in the song he growls out something, perhaps in a different language? I'm certain this is not what he is saying, but to me it sounded like, "shum bumble la, bum shum bumble la."

HAHA I know I'm a weirdo. But if any of you have any idea who does this song, or what it is called. Please let me know.

Thanks

2. DiMono

DiMono IncGamers Member

Only rock musicians I know who have a middle-eastern sound to them are the Tea Party, but I don't recognize "free and away" as the chorus to any of their songs. Would these be the only words in the chorus, or are there more? Is the song fast? Slow? The more you can give us, the better the odds we can identify it for you.

3. Golvelius

Golvelius IncGamers Member

The only other thing I know for sure is that it is new.

I have only heard it one time, and that was a few days ago. I should have looked when it was fresh in my mind still, but I figured I would hear it again, but I haven't.

As to the slow/fast question. I'd have to say somewhere in the middle, definitely not fast... but not real slow either. haha When he sings the "free and away" part, it is sustained... sung out over several pitch changes. (freeeeeeeeeeeee...)

I don't know the proper musical term for it, but in at least one point in the song he does this quick up and down pitch change with his voice. I have only heard such things done in Indian / Middle Eastern music before. I really wish I could describe it better.

There is plenty of guitar with some Indian / Middle Eastern beats and instruments.

Any other lyrics I think I may have heard I fear would be more misleading than helpful for me to attempt to repeat.

4. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

I would say try Orphaned Land, but since I doubt youve heard them on the radio or something (since theyre an Israeli band singing in English), I dont thing theyre what youre looking for. Even though they pretty much fit your description.
    Maybe you should try them out anyway.