Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help fast. Just beat Baal

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Dr.G, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Need help fast. Just beat Baal

now I just beat him and I have to go through a portal but I have yet to socket any items yet and I havent named an item yet.

So will going through this portal now prevent me from doing this???? What happens when I go through it?

2. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

When you go through the portal, you will go on to the next difficulty level (I presume that's Nightmare for you?)

Once there, the listing of open games will only show Nightmare-level games. However, you will still be able to create and join (if you know the game name) Normal-level games and finish your modifications then.

3. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

if I dont go through in this game, I will just have to beat him again to get the portal right???

Also when the list of games come up only nightmare will come up??? So why do I see people creating cow level portals in normal?

4. Liquid_Fire

Liquid_Fire IncGamers Member

Once you go through the portal you have officially finished normal mode.
    when you start the game up (depending if this is signle player or b.net) you will be in NM (NightMare)
    Once in NM you can always choose to go back to normal to finish up any quest you have'nt already. (Or If you Just feel like going back to lvl)
    -If you are playing B.net then once you have beaten normal than all the games that are on the list when you click "join game" are shown in NightMare games
    -If you are playing Single Player then when you click on your character to start playing you will have a choice of which difficulty you would like to play. (It depends on how far you are in the game)
    Hope this helps.

5. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

hmmm. I would like to hit another lvl before I go over to nightmare. Maybe, I just stay in normal until I hit the next one then just fight him again and more on.

Thanks for the help.

6. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

now that I have finished can I do the cow lvl in normal. Also can I only do it once?

7. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

well I did save and quit but I got a cut scene and now I have slayer added to my name. oh well. I guess that I can just creat games with my mules and have my necro join..

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

When you press create, you can have your character make a normal game.....

9. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

I play Single Player exclusively. I went throught the portal, then restarted the game on Normal. I then did the cow level in Normal. I can now go into Normal or Nightmare whenever I load the character - the game doesn't seem to care. It seems to work flawlessly.

The whole thing is sort of an exercise in disbelief - going through the same storyline again with the same character. I guess you simply stop noticing the story after having played several characters ;)

10. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Note that in Single Player, going back and forth between difficulties is one way to reset all the maps you have for the levels. If you want to run the Countess or Meph or some other beast you can keep rerolling the map until you get one that's a zip to run through, and then stick with it by not leaving that difficulty again for a while.

11. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

Does that imply that if I go from Nightmare to Normal and back then the map layouts in Nightmare are changed? How about waypoints - does it remember those even though their physical locations have changed?

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The Baal quest is solved and you are done with that difficulty level when Baal is dead and you have been able to finish the quest. You don't have to go through the portal and not doing it won't leave the quest unsolved. In fact, going through the portal is nothing else than exiting the game.

That means, as soon as Baal is dead on e.g. normal difficulty, games with normal difficulty aren't presented anymore in the join menu. You can still create games in normal mode, solve skipped quests, get quest rewards etc.

13. DurfBarian

Maps get reset completely. But the game does remember which waypoints you got. You can still warp to them. You just won't have any of the area around them mapped any more, and stuff might be moved around a bit.

14. Liquid_Fire

Liquid_Fire IncGamers Member

you can dp it as many times as you want as long as you dont kill the cow king (who i splaced randomly in the lvl)
    Btw...I dont know if you know this but you can start joinining cows games once you beat diablo in nomral(thats only b.net though)...you just can't create them until you beat baal

15. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

does the cow king attack you? Becasue I am a skelliemance and I dont want my guys or my merc to kill him.

What does he look like?

So if I restart a game in normal or in hell I cannot use waypoints to go to other acts?

16. RobO

RobO IncGamers Member

The cow king looks like all the other cows. At least I didn't react fast enough to know the difference - he came out of the palisade area along with a bunch of other cows. I only noticed that it had to be him because of the drops. Believe me, there's a LOT of cows.

I think he usually hangs around the palisade area, so you might try staying away from that.

17. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

well what do you do with him??

18. DurfBarian

If you spot that square fort he lives in, run away from it . . . He's always lightning enchanted, so if you see sparks flying TP out; if you spot a pile of goodies on the ground including a bunch of stamina potions (he always drops a few) then you'll know he's gone.

You can still join games where other people open the portal and go visit the farm after you kill him, of course. :)

19. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

do I get good drops there?

20. budgreen

budgreen IncGamers Member

I got 2 decent set items off the king but nothing worth crap off any of the other cows.