Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Hell help!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zelfmoordis, Mar 1, 2004.

1. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Need Hell help!

I have just entered hell with my necromancer! I've finished normal and nightmare fully on players 8, sometimes it was slow but most of the time the speed was quite nice!

But now, in act1 Hell on players 4, killing a single zombie takes minutes.. Much too long..

I use the following for the kill:
    lvl 22 Skeleton Mastery
    lvl 26 Summon Skeleton

I make sure I have some poison Magi's hanging around so every enemy is poisoned, I always Amplify Damage every creature..

At this moment I am using a Prayer Merc, but I already figured that I should change it to a Might merc..

I build the character so I could mf run with it, as it looks now I might have to make another char for that..

Am I doing something completely wrong?

p.s: When I started this character (it is my 1st 1.10 char) I didn't know Summoning Necromancer are now a cookie cutter character, 'which only makes it worse that I can't get mine to work. I've checked out the guide but I didn't see anything very different from my own char..

p.p.s: For act bosses and sturdy pack bosses I ahve a maxed Bone Spirit..

:wave:

2. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

It seems as though this is common among just about everyone. Your first steps into Hell seem this way. I dont think your build went wrong it may just need tweeked abit to be viable in Hell. But as long as you are not having skellies die left and right you are probably doing everything correctly.

I had big problems getting into Hell with my Death Sentry / Fire Blast / Blade Fury assassin. So it is more then likely just the upgrade from Nightmare to Hell.

3. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

The Might merc will definately help you, since all your skellis need to be doing as much damnage as they can. Equip him well and he'll be doing half the killing for you, mine is :)

Killing things does take alot longer in Hell, even in Act 1 I've noticed that, I kill the NM Minions of Destruction faster than I kill an Act 1 Zombie in Hell, but then Hell is ment to be.. well.. Hell ;)

4. loveratbaby

loveratbaby IncGamers Member

Might merc works really nicely with a skellymancer so that would definitely be a change for the better - the added damage on all those minions does have a noticeable effect.

Are you using corpse explosion? Thats the only reason I know I get through hell with my necro and he has the basic same build as you: max skellies and mastery but I also have max corpse explosion.

Let us know what your total skills are and what your level is at the moment as well =)

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hmm, try to use /players 1, it will surely help you. Also might merc is very good, give him good life leech and nice weapon. But why Bone Spirit? Corpse Explosion would have been so much more powerful...for my necro it is the thing that really kills those monsters, not skellies or merc, they just provide few corpses for CE and tank

6. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

It'd help a bunch if we knew a little more about your build, like character level, skill breakdown etc. But from what you say, the might merc is a must.

Also, I think you'll find your bone spirit laregly useless in hell if you don't have the synergies, especially against the act bosses.

7. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

You should max your Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery if they already aren't. If they are you should try to get some more +skills stuff. Using Corpse Explosion also helps.

Even fully twinked skellymancers can't kill quickly at higher players setting on hell. They are still great for MFing 'cause the best stuff usually dropped by bosses.

8. zelfmoordis

I'm lvl 72 and I was hoping to get to the Bone Spirit synergies :) - Corpse Explosion is ok, and I use it quite often.. but its only lvl 5 (after equip), so i think I'll have to add more there. Although then the first killl might remain a problem.

I'm going to lvl my new-bought Might Merc a bit now, lets see how that works!

And for my skills:
    20 Summon Skeleton
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    1 all pre-requisites for Revive
    4 Revive
    1 All pre-requisites for Bone Spirit
    20 Bone Spirit
    1 skill open, 2nd one on its way..

Owh, and for the people saying it might just be the jump from nm to hell. Ofcourse it is, what else could it be? ;) But the problem is that I won't be able to upgrade my skeletons any further so act2 will be even harder.. :S

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Only being level 72, you might want to consider leveling some in act 5 nightmare. I know that I like to wait until at least level 75 before going to hell. The nightmare leveling will also help your merc stay alive, instead of constantly being eviscerated if you were to try to level him in hell.

10. boogied6

boogied6 IncGamers Member

your problem is that you are not using corpse explosion. if you are doing players 8 on hell then ce will not be that significant, in fact not much of anything will be significant. now put the players on 1, then amp everything you see then fire away at the ce and you will see just how fast you can kill. you really dont need to run hell with players 8 since the exp you will be getting is good enough. anything past lvl 85 is when the exp will start to taper off.

all my necro uses is might merc, clay golem (5k life awesome tank and slows enemys), 12 skelles. everything else is amp and ce and you should walk through the game. (except gloams i hate them)

11. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

1) change for a might as saied before

2) optimise you're +skill. 22 SM seem +2 summonning (+skill necro) and you can make more
    +2 weapon , +1 shield, +2amulet = +5 skill necro you must have.

if you are rich or luky in found you can have
    +3 weapon, +3 shield , +3 amulet, +1 headgear , +2 armor for a total of +12

3) you can also go to players 3/4 .

and don't forget, hell is not named hell for nothing

12. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Fishymancer isn't designed to run players8 Hell as the skeletons and CE can't pack the punch. But to get that first corpse I recommend getting some CB on your Might merc. I used Hone Sundan (3 sockets, yummy) or you can use Guillaumes Face (Set Winged Helm, I believe) or Rattlecage (unique gothic armour). This will also help whittle Baal down to nothing and with your Bone Spear you will kick him where it hurts. Alternatively you could get some CB and charge into the fray. I like to sit back and open chests and identify things that fall, drink a beer, etc.

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i did nm baal runs until i was lvl 75. it offers very nie exp (often i would run minions in p8, thn quit, as baal takes alot lonegr and doesnt offer much more exp with lvl less than 75 (no exp cuts, so all monsters get full amount.) act 1 always seems tough, but starngly even if your skele's sont improve at all, it seems to gt so much easier after a while.

14. zelfmoordis

I think i will do some lvling in act5 (usefull for my brand new merc as well) and than try to do some hell on players 4.. I know I can do players 1 easily, but i don't want to.. Further I will start maxing Corpse Explosion, the points in Bone Spirit will always come in handy against Mephisto and the like, so I won't consider them ruined!

Thanks all!