Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Hammerdin figthing strategies

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dominon, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Dominon

Dominon IncGamers Member

Need Hammerdin figthing strategies

Hi all
    Can any one with experience in Hammerdin post some strategies to kill efective. I mean by this is that lots and lost of time hammers just circle pass monsters not killing them , what leads to ones deaht or bad situasion.
    Im planing on getting an Holy freeze to hold them. Any sugestion will be appreciated

Thanks and have a good day

2. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

A Very Simple Attack Pattern: in open spaces.

Since most monsters will actually come to you to attack simply put up a field of hammers. As they get close enough to you to be a concern step back and to the left/right some*. Then let loose some more hammers. Rinse/Repeat
    * You step back left or right so that you change the orientation of the monsters to you. This means that 1 they may wander into your existing hammer field, 2 your next hammer field will "fill" the gaps in your existing 1 as it were.

A Very Simple Attack Patter: in closed spaces.

Find an open space.

A Very Simple Attack Pattern: Bosses
    Holy Shield, stand to the left and down a bit from your intended victim. Spam hammers, drink potions until intended victim is dead.

3. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

If you have enigma, just teleport right ontop of them. I rarely miss them with that technique

4. zamoda

zamoda IncGamers Member

I recently started playing hammerdin just for fun to see how it goes. I am playing hardcore btw. So any mistake could cost me alot :). So I have like lvl74 pala atm, stats are ~100 str, 90 dex, 340+ vita, base energy. Using hoz, GA, peasant, suicide branch, maras, verdungo belt, raven/manald, frosts and few skillers and anni in inventry. And i am really worried how my pala will fare.. I think i am gonna R.I.P him some time.. It looks that monsters hit paladins more hard than my amazon :) My damage is ok, havent maxed last synergy yet, ~6.5k. But damn, it is hard to keep the distance, i guess paladins should have alot more DR to survive.. Even mages with maxed res seems to do quite alot damage(i guess with bone spirits).. i was in few situations than life droped for less than 1/3...
    So my point is hmm, how to keep hammerdin alive :) I guess i have to work on my merc atm.. i am lvling act1 merc just for fun, did not want to go with regular act2 merc everyone is having.. so that might be the problem.

5. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

call to arms helps a ton if you can afford it.

My hammerdin has
    37%hoto w/ p.diamond HOZ
    6bo cta w/ lidless on switch.
    shako / +2 pally 20fcr 20res all circlet whichever i feel like
    dusk enigma
    23%mara
    2xsoj
    frostburns
    50%travs (not really hammerdin, but mf never hurts)

in inventory he has crap% anni, gheeds, 2 combat skil charms, 5%res all charm.

With everything set (bo,bc ect) he does 14k dmg, has 2550 life just over 1k mana 74%resists

His merc is a5 barb with up'd um'd shaft, 2xx% GF, 6% arreats

both of us are lvl 89.