Need Good V/T Build

J RO

Diabloii.Net Member
Need Good V/T Build

Can someone please supply me with a "no-expenses spared" V/T guide? Please including gear and skill and stat allocations. I already have made a Foher and am looking to spend some more HRs in order to make a V/T. Your help would be greatly appreciated.:wink3:

J RO

Diabloii.Net Member
I have read Pravdas V/T Guide. Though, for a weapon, Grief nor a FOH stick was mentioned. I agree with the rest that was listed in the guide but was just wondering about the lack of those two weps. Shouldn't a V/T use Greif / Fohstick weapon switch?

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Pravda's guide was written before Grief was ever introduced to the game, and he hasn't been around to update it. Nowadays, yes, Grief is the best V/T weapon. FoH stick is up to you I guess, I won't tell you what you "should" use but I will say that instead of a Faceted FoH stick, I made my CtA in a +3FoH scepter so that it would always be on my weapon switch and so I'd never be without BO (in case BO expired mid-duel).

RetroStar, who posted above, is in the process of writing a guide. He said it should be ready pretty soon though.

J RO

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya, that is just what I was wondering about. Personally exile, I'd rather BO before the duel and have more Foh damage with a pure fohstick than a Cta one. I guess its just prefernce though. I figure that if it is gonna expire anways, ill just keep it in my cube and switch it when I need a quick BO.

Thanks for your input guys and I look forward to reading retrostars T/V guide soon.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm looking forward to his guide as well. :jig:

Although it is FoH-oriented, so it may not be 100% what you're looking for. Pravda's was largely Smite-oriented so I'd definitely recommend going over that one again after reading Retro's guide, and then deciding some things for yourself.

hardnfast

Diabloii.Net Member
I would recommend making a T/V rather than smite based. Myn has something like a lvl33 smite anyway and with standard 49%DR gear I have a 5k foh. I never
switch to a foh stick, I find it alot easier to hot switch fanat/smite to foh/conviction. Weapon switch seems to be more susceptible to lag also.

looking forward to the guide:thumbsup:

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I calculated my potential damage output between V/T and T/V several weeks ago. With my gear and skill layout, this is what I got:

V/T: 9k Smite / 3.5k FoH
T/V: 7.2k Smite / 5.5k FoH

This is with FoH scepter CtA switch though.

Your numbers most likely won't be the same but I would assume the VT / TV comparison should be more or less proportional to these values. Posted just incase that will help you decide between V/T and T/V.

J RO

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow. Wasn't expecting all of the great advice you guys gave me through this thread XD.

Exile, thanks for telling me your damage calculations. I'm now more inclined to go T/V rather than V/T. Thats a big difference between the two sets of damages.

Retrostar, when you finish your T/V build could you please PM it to me as i don't wanna run the chance of missing out on your great build. :)

uptoolayte

Diabloii.Net Member
I've made both builds and I'm enjoying the T/V much better.
The FOH damage just wasn't enough to cause much damage and without FOH I was just a decent smiter. With my T/V I play as a pure FOHer until I fight a bowazon, barb, or someone with max sorb, then I switch to Grief.