Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Godly PvM Bowazon Build

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Stip, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Stip

Stip IncGamers Member

Need Godly PvM Bowazon Build

Ok so ive been playing d2 for a little bit and have made sorcs, pallys, necros, and barbs and now i want to try amazons but i need a good build. Im looking at strafe/multi shot pvm zon. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me stat and skill layout, and what equipment to use. I can probably get anything so the best equipment possible would be nice.
    Thanks!!!!:smiley:

2. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

Strafe is much better for PvM, Multi for PvP. Max Strafe, Valk, Penetrate (ar), and about 10pts in pirce and critical, plus 1pt in all synergies of course and as many into d/a/e skills as you can.

Equip with Fortitude and Faith bow and as much ias gear as possible as well as Atma's scarab and LOH gloves and youre set.

3. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

20 hard points in Strafe and Valk
    1-15 in Multishot (enough to get a slvl15 Multi after +skills)
    1-9 in Pierce (enough to get a slvl9 Pierce after +skills)
    1 in Freezing Arrow
    20 in Lightning Fury

Equip an Upgraded Shael'd Riphook, Cleglaw's Gloves, Blackhorn's Face, and Cleglaw's Pincers. That'll give you 75% Slows Target and knockback. Between the two mods, you'll be pretty much invincible while strafing (everything will be so slow that the knockback will keep it away from you forever). A Shael'd Riphook only needs 10% more IAS to hit the 9/2 Strafe Breakpoint, which is realistically as fast as you're going to want to go.

For your belt, either wear Nosferatu's Coil (nice leech, 10% more slows target, and that 10% IAS that you need), or else wear Razortail to give yourself 100% Pierce.

Between you and your valk, you should take down non-PIs in a hurry. Against PIs, switch to Lightning Fury (at this point, Razortail comes in really handy for that 100% pierce).

As an alternative, skimp on the Valk and ignore Lightning Fury entirely, and instead max Cold Arrow and Freezing Arrow to make a Strafe/Frostmaiden hybrid. Between your 75+% Slow and the cold damage, monsters will be moving at an absolute crawl.

As far as armor, helmets, ammys, rings, and boots go... use whatever. I'd recommend Kira's for the CBF and the Resists (you'll still want to max your resists), and Fortitude makes a phenominal strafer armor, but other than that just use whatever you want.

Also, and this is VERY important- *DO NOT* put any Slows Target gear on your merc. If there are two different people with Slows Target gear hitting the same monster, it causes *HEAVY* desynch, which is a very bad thing. If it seems like things are desynching out the wazoo, find out if anyone in your party has some Slows Target gear, or else some Slows Target on their merc.

Also, for the same reason, tell Necros you adventure with not to cast Clay Golem, and don't use the Clay Golem charges on Stone. The slow from Clay Golem is just like item-based slow, and will cause massive desynch.

A good merc suggestion would be Holy Freeze + Reapers Toll. If you think things are slow after you hit them, wait until they get Frozen and Decrep'd, too. It gets downright GLACIAL.

Also, this character downright abuses Baal runs. One hit with that much Slows Target will break Baal's AI and cause him to just sit there and use standard attack until he dies. No teleporting, no cloning, no mana-burn-hosing, no knockback-cold-wedge-thing, nothing.

4. DEA

DEA IncGamers Member

isn't 70 max dmg like goddam low?
    even upgraded, that's a max of 150 or so
    is that damage going to be realistically a fast killer?

5. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

It's no Faith, but it's more than sufficient to kill in Hell. Besides, who cares if enemies aren't able to get within 10 yards of you? If the killspeed irks you so much, become a full-time Frostmaiden and pepper enemies with Freezing Arrow after you slow them to a crawl.

6. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Well, he mentioned he could get the best items. I am kind of sure riphook isn't the best bow out there.

Skills are allright, but if you don't go hybrid I would suggest the cold arrow route. With the gear mentioned you might not need it but it is fun to have.

Two routes to go; you have faith, merc has might and either reapers toll or pride. Option 2: you have windforce, act 1 rogue with faith.

He was right about the armor, fort is the best.

You want to aim for a 7 frame attack (if you use faith, lvl 13+). Mat bow needs 45 ias, gm bow needs 95 ias, and wf with faith merc needs 75 extra ias (95 total including what is on the bow).

Gloves : laying of the hands or lavagouts, or rare/crafted 20ias kb gloves
    Belt: Razortail Belt, 33% chance to pierce. Pierce needs 9 pts total to get 100%
    Boots : War travs or cow kings boots

Skills: Skills aren't really important. Good valk, anywhere from 5-20 strafe (the extra damage added isn't worth it), 1-10 multi (don't really need more than 8 arrows or so.
    Freezing arrow/cold arrow maxed is a good route to go, but I find I just multi everyone to death.

7. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

It's not the fastest killer, but the Slows Target is godly. A good Slowazon is virtually unkillable. Show me a Faith 'Zon that's virtually unkillable and I'll concede the point.:wink3:

8. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

My wf zon with faith merc is unkillable.