Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need clarification on items from previous version

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shodokan, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Shodokan

Shodokan IncGamers Member

Need clarification on items from previous version

i was told that bringing items from 1.07 to 1.11 is fine, i assume it is also alright to bring from 1.08 and 1.09?

2. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

Hmm... your other thread says you're doing a restart, clearing out all the old stuff. Why would it matter whether or not you can bring older version gear in?
    Do I misunderstand your other thread?

3. Shodokan

i am starting over... but eventually i want to do pvp... there are items i want in previous versions of the game, so i am thinking of playing those versions and obtaining them before i start 1.11b again.

Some items from 07 and 09 that i want, etc

4. erics

erics IncGamers Member

That could be viewed as cheesy, and perhaps unfair. However that's up to your pvp'ers, and you should probabaly let them know first.

5. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

It's fine. I don't do it myself but it's all good.

6. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

There's maybe 2-3 items at most in 1.07/1.08 that aren't obsolete by 1.10, and they're not powerful enough to separate the have's from the have-not's. The two most famous 1.07 items, Valor and +max damage charms, are grossly overrated for PvP. Only things from 1.09 worth mentioning are FRW SC's.

If you intend to be competitive in PvP any time soon you should be either running Pindle or HF rushing instead of wasting your time in any pre-beta patches.

7. Shodokan

Alright, i have another situation i HOPE comes up... but i really need to work things out. IF it comes up, i will ask about it, but it won't be for a while, due to the fact that i need to get stuff in 1.07 before 1.09

i don't plan on participating in pvp untill atleast december. so i have 2 months in order to get what i want in 1.07... which is more than possible.

Sure some things are "overrated" but for some of my 1.10 builds like my hammerdin and such, i need some items from 1.07/8

8. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

If nothing, valkyrie wing is pretty much worth the trouble, not to mention 1.08 highlords wrath for melee builds that doesn't need outside weapon IAS (only from 1.08, I found 1.07 version but on my great dissapointment it doesn't have DS).
    1.09 ccsoq is still one of the best weapons for titan fury. Also 1.07 m'avinas belt and LOH are great in certain situations, and one 1.07 gloves (maybe hellmouths, I'm not sure) has CBF on it, can be very helpfull in some pvp situations when there is no room for raven frosts.

9. Shodokan

im mainly a melee builder, so yes... there are items i want very much from 07-09

also... 1.07 highlords has DS/lvl...

10. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

No it doesnt. You are thinking of the 1.08 version. Here are the stats on a 1.07 one.

Highlord's Wrath
    Amulet
    Required Level: 65
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 78
    Fingerprint: 0x28dc7d28
    Lightning Resist +35%
    Adds 5-20 lightning damage
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    30% Faster Run/Walk

11. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

That's the one I found ;). Like you Liq, I was dissapointed:)
    edit:
    screenshot

12. Shodokan

That's really odd... but then again viel doesn't have the vit/lvl like it should either... so i dunno

13. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Here's list of some items that had major changes in v1.09 that are popular now. Below are full stats or individual ones that truely show how imbalanced and backwards D2 was.

Source

Arkaine's Valor
    +2 skills, +2.5 vita/clvl, +2life/clvl, 30% fhr, 50% fire res.

Note: In post v1.09 versions, this doesn't work with BO.

Highlord's Wrath had fr/w instead of IAS.

Visceratuant
    +2 To All Necromancer Skills, +80 Life, 30% Faster Blocking, +25% Chance to Block, +80% Enhanced Defense

(I own one of these, although I have never used it)

Vampire Gaze had 25% PDR and 8/8 dual leech.

This was great for 09 BvB duelers who wanted to use 160/60 max armor and have max DR (75% at the time). Heavily duped on realms in 09 as a result.

The Grandfather: +20 Strength, +20 Dexterity, +25% Mana, +25% Life, +150% Bonus to Attack Rating, +175 Life, +2.5 Max damage per Clvl, Indestructible, +150% Enhanced Damage

(Another 07 vita item).

Bartuc's Cut Throat (then Chop-Chop): +2 To Assassin Skills, +1 To Shadow Disciplines, -35% Targets Armor Per Hit, Hit Causes Blindness, +10 Dexterity, +25% Chance of Deadly Strike, +35% Enhanced Damage, 50% Increased Attack Speed, +25 Mana

Arreat's Face: +2 To Barbarian Skills, -15% Targets Armor Per Hit, +0.5 Max Damage per Clvl, +25% Enhanced Defense, +30 Life, +1 To Warcries.

The odd target armor mod operated as though to treat the opponent like that had 15% of their listed defense.

Titan's Revenge granted +1-2 Bow skills!

Jalal's Mane: +2 Druid Skills, +1 To Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only), Knocks Target Back, Faster Hit Recovery, +25% Chance of Crushing Blow, +20% Stamina Regen, +50 Life.

Very sought-after by druid duelers, mostly for the KB/knockback qualities to help with smiters.

Herald of Zakarum: +2 To Paladin Skills, +1 To Combat Skills (Paladin Only), Fastest Blocking Recovery (50), Cannot be Frozen, +2 Damage Against Undead per Clvl, +2.5 to AR Vs. Undead per Clvl, +15% Blocking, +50% Enhanced Defense.

The HoZ also spawned with inherent pally shield mods (either res or ed/ar).

The Occulus: +2 To Sorceress Skills, +0.5 Mana per Clvl, 5% Chance of casting slvl 10 Teleport When Struck, Slows Target by 20%, +2 Mana After Each Kill, Adds 10-20 Lightning Damage

Ribcracker +3 To Cold Skills (Sorceress Only), Faster Cast Rate, +1.25 Mana per Clvl, +15 Dexterity, +100 Increased Defense, +15 Replenish Life, Regenerate Mana +20%

Notice there is no enhanced damage here.

Shaeffer's hammer had a 5% chance to cast static when hit.

Stormspire was an Archon Staff: Base changed from Archon Staff to Giant Thresher. Stats changes: 40% Lightning Resistance, +3 Mana per Clvl, +10 Strength, +20% Mana Regen, Indestructible, 50% Faster Cast Rate, +30% Mana, 5% Chance of casting Slvl 5 Chain Lightning When Struck, 5% Chance of casting Slvl 25 Charged Bolt When Struck

Notice that it once was a caster item, much like it was in D1.

Laying of Hands offered 50% fire res. There's a "cursed" pair of them out there which DurfBarian currently owns (picked up as part of his Zod trade to Liq) which has managed to kill every HC charcter who has ever worn them.

Witchwild String didn't have two an inherent two sockets.

The Veil of Steel granted 1.5 vita/clvl. Too bad it had such a huge str requirement.

Mav'ina's Tenet had 40% fr/w.

Chance Guards had a fixed 24% MF, and Bloodfists didn't have IAS.

Hellmouth granted CBF.

War Traveler +100% More Gold from Monsters, +10 Dexterity, +45% Chance of getting magical item, +100% Enhanced Durability, Faster (30%)Run/Walk, +110% Enhanced Defense.

No +max damage here.

Gore Rider: -25% Item Requirements, 15% Chance of Deadly Strike, +10 Maximum Damage, Fastest Run/Walk (40%), +65% Enhanced Defense.

OW/CB mods missing here. It seems like when they dropped the +10 max and moved it to Travs.

Enjoy.

crg

14. Shodokan

you say in post 09 that BO does not work with 07 valor?

can you explain this?

15. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Only hard +life gets multiplied by Battle Orders/Oak Sage etc. That means rubies (+38) life get the bonuses while scaling +life per chlvl items (like Arkaines and shako) don't.

CRG- I too have a .08 Visc. I used to use it on my .09 PvP Necro.

16. drsquid

drsquid IncGamers Member

I've been playing version 1.07 sp for years. If your looking for 1.07 stuffs put a post in the sp trading forum and I'll see if I have what your looking for.