Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need build tips for barb starting tottaly from scratch. if

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by antipoperobbieg, May 30, 2005.

1. antipoperobbieg

antipoperobbieg IncGamers Member

Need build tips for barb starting tottaly from scratch.

Hi, me and a few pals are going to start playing D2 together and I was reading guides to see what a good barb build would be. My problem is, almost every build I read lists "required" items.

All 3 of us will be starting from scratch and I doubt we will be lucky enough to get any of those items on our own so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good build when the only items we will be getting are those that drop for us along the way.

Thanks

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Concentrate barbarians function well with found equipment.

Of all the builds listed, singers and especially whirlers would be the WORST choices, since they are very item-dependent.

Most people usually make a sorceress first to find gear to give their barbs, since barbs need decent equipment to function well, but as I mentioned, the security measures of the conc barb make him doable even with junk gear...though it might be tedius if you have a poor weapon.

-Hal

3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

my frenzy guide was written around an untwinked character although around 50-60 he did start getting item donations

the trouble with frenzy though is that you need two weapons

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

It depends on what his role is. If you're looking for a tank, you might want to try conc. If you want the most damage for untwinked, frenzy will be the best. If you simply want safety for your casters to do damage, a singer will work very well (don't expect him to do any real damage though, he will simply be there to stun and for highlvl warcries like howl/shout/taunt).

HoD

5. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

ww CAN work with live of the land gear,but you need one mod-prevent monster heal.Because monsters will be healing faster than you damage them- :D .Its much more fun with ww,I tried it once when beta came out I had a plaque bearer & kings grace executioner sword :uhhuh: ,the fight with corpsfire & his pack in den was an epic battle that lasted a good 15 minutes. :thumbsup:

So you see,thats why you should go frenzy or conc.

Rik

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Or a singer :teeth: After doing the ETFonTop project I'm a BIG fan of singers in any untwinked party. Just shop two +3warcry spears, and get him some +mana items (or +skills) and enjoy those lvl 30-40-50 cries and 10 seconds stunning :clap:

HoD