Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need bow nec advice

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by smilts, Oct 8, 2006.

1. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Need bow nec advice

Ive had a bow nec kinda lounging around well Ive started actually working on him but every time I get a skill point I get kinda stuck on what to lvl first second and so on.
    First I want a golem out there helping and maybe towards hell if I make it that far some revives. I like the slowing affects of the clay golem but have heard arguments for fire golem. so I would love to hear wich golem out of all 4 you all find best.
    Second My original plan was to bone wall, confuse then amp a few with lvl 1 amp then shoot at them. My new plan is to use lower resist with a ele bow or xbow lots of ele charms bone wall and golem. but not sure if that is viable at all. so would love any advice there also.
    Third and final for now wich merc to use I had thought only A2 ba merc but not to sure if a rogue or a3 cold would be better... Thnx for any advice on this

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I'm biased toward using Amp, mostly for your merc. As for the rest of your stats, I'd max out bone armor/bone wall/bone prison (I know, spirit/spear are better at adding armor points than armor itself, but this is a theme build), then pump CE to a decent level (do this last). Also in there is your golem/golem mastery and summon resist. I'd use three curses: Amp, Decrep and Attract.

The problem with the elemental route is that your inventory will be filled with elemental charms, leaving little room for ar/life charms.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Curses: If you are familiar with Confuse and/or Attract, you could use that as main crowd control next to you golem and walls. I´ve never been able to master them well enough to trust them (too "chancy" curses for my taste, or I have simply not understood exactly how they work...), so I would have used Dim Vision with this build. However, you need a pretty high level of it for any sort of user-friendliness in Hell. An effective level of 10-12 is a bare minimum.

I have found that with builds I have intended to use quite a bit of Lower Resist, I have found it that it´s a luxury I could rarely afford to use when the tough got going...

Golems: My standard with them is 1 point in each golem, then 5-10 in the Mastery. If you don´t have a LOT of +skills, Clay Golem will be much wimpier than Iron/Fire Golem. The FG costs more mana but can take a lot more beating. At least for me, CG goes down far too quickly for my taste. It still has a use against act bosses and such. Iron Golem also has some situational uses since it´s so customizable.

Merc: IMO, there are only two good choices and that are those that will help you hit better: (Fire) Rogue or Blessed Aim merc. Which one is better depends on your taste (and to an extent on what gear you find. Act 2 mercs are much easier to equip with Crushing Blow).

4. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Id pump ce but then I would want to use it to much as silly as that sounds Im trying to avoid its use.