Need blizzard sorc help

FX-Amanda

Diabloii.Net Member
Need blizzard sorc help

I need some help with sugesstions on a blizzsorc.

Gonna make myself a blizzard sorc and wonder about few things
How much should u max in syn? and what should be alternetiv spell for CI

Was thinking:

coldtree
pres for blizzard
Ice Blast 20
Glacial 20
Blizzard 20
CM 8
---- 70 ----

lightning tree
pres for teleport
and static
---- 03 ----

firetree
warmth 1
pres for firewall
firewall 20
FM1
---- 24 ----

==== total 97 ====

any expeienced blizzard sorc that could comment?

kuza

Diabloii.Net Member
just go pure blizzard, forget any other tree. I fyou want to make a duel fire/cold then do a metero/Orb build.

As for Blizzard build.
Max Blizzard -> Ice Blast -> G.spike -> COld mastery -> Ice bolt.

I'd only put 10 to cold mastery and then max all the bliazzard synergies. Then finnish off CM last.

1 to warmth, static, teleport etc...

kuza

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a level 82 nm act2 defense(holy freeze) merc that will slow down and freeze Cold immunes. He tanks anything CI and wiht a reapers toll on him, he's leeching back more then he gets hit. So for meph/pindle or just general questing it's been great. You will need nice gear on your merc for him to tank cows and large groups of CIs, but it's working grerat for me.

I get to and kill meph in about 30 sec to a minute, and pindle goes down in 10 seconds. And I don't get hit since my merc tanks for me, and his holy freeze aurora slows down eveyrthign else.

Oh yeah, throw one point into frozen armour, my defense goes from 1100 to 2200 and FREEZES anything that hits me.

IF you want a pure "just to play" sorc, then a meteorb is about hte best you can do.

[FLS]prozerran

Diabloii.Net Member
kuza said:
I have a level 82 nm act2 defense(holy freeze) merc that will slow down and freeze Cold immunes. He tanks anything CI and wiht a reapers toll on him, he's leeching back more then he gets hit. So for meph/pindle or just general questing it's been great. You will need nice gear on your merc for him to tank cows and large groups of CIs, but it's working grerat for me.

I get to and kill meph in about 30 sec to a minute, and pindle goes down in 10 seconds. And I don't get hit since my merc tanks for me, and his holy freeze aurora slows down eveyrthign else.

Oh yeah, throw one point into frozen armour, my defense goes from 1100 to 2200 and FREEZES anything that hits me.

IF you want a pure "just to play" sorc, then a meteorb is about hte best you can do.
Does it freeze cold immunes too? Also, is the freeze length affected by CM too? If not, I found chilling armor is enough for me to run away (assuming I'm mana burned). Chilling armor definitely benefits from CM (much longer chilled time)

kuza

Diabloii.Net Member
[FLS]prozerran said:
Does it freeze cold immunes too? Also, is the freeze length affected by CM too? If not, I found chilling armor is enough for me to run away (assuming I'm mana burned). Chilling armor definitely benefits from CM (much longer chilled time)

yup, works on all monsters around me, cold immunes included. I love it! If I can get a doom word pole for my merc, I'll get a hell act 2 O or D merc and let the weapon do the level 12 holy freeze.