Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Atma help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lpblasch, Sep 23, 2006.

1. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

Need Atma help

Before you kick my shins for posting here, read on:

I posted the following in the ATMA/Flavie thread but got no help. I also sent a pm to Hakai, but no luck so far. Let me give it more visibility, hoping one of you ATMA experts can help:

Sometime in the past few days, my ATMA folder has added file called "rsSorceress.d2x". I see it when I click on the D2X tab.

I have examined my ATMA directory very closely and cannot find such a file.
    I ran "search" but the computer did not find it.

Any idea how to get rid of this file?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, a .d2x file is a stash file. :smiley: I've never heard of ATMA spontaneously creating its own stash file. Could it be alive?

If you can't find this rsSorceress.d2x file in your ATMA directory, could it be in another directory? Have a look under the D2X tab itself. It should list the exact details of where this .d2x file is. You can then trace it to the location in your HDD.

Or have you tried double-clicking on rsSorceress.d2x under the D2X tab? Does it disappear? If it does, then the file itself does not exist. If it doesn't, what happens after you try to open it?

3. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

:shocked:

Damn it!! Hakai's gone and created a sentient self stash loop.... we're all DOOOOOMMMmmmmeeedd I tells you... doooommmeddd!

4. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Maybe this is the first sign that our heyday as 'top dog' is about to come to an end: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=497925

Hakai will no longer be venerated as the creator of ATMA, but as the architect of our subjugation and destruction!

5. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

It was his evil and cunning plan all along.... I blame Durf for letting him!

6. lpblasch

[
    If you can't find this rsSorceress.d2x file in your ATMA directory, could it be in another directory? Have a look under the D2X tab itself. It should list the exact details of where this .d2x file is. You can then trace it to the location in your HDD.

Or have you tried double-clicking on rsSorceress.d2x under the D2X tab? Does it disappear? If it does, then the file itself does not exist. If it doesn't, what happens after you try to open it?[/QUOTE]

Frosty-

There is no string after the folders to say where they are. They are files on a dotted line under my real stashes. If they are in another place on the hard drive, a "search" should find them, but it doesn't.

When I single click on them, or double click, absolutely nothing happens. They just sit there. Won't open, and won't go away:sad2:

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

iplasch, where are your ATMA stashes created? What is the file path?
    For example my characters are in D://DiabloII/saves/
    My stastes are in D://DiabloII/saves/stashes
    My vanilla stuff is in D://DiabloII/saves/vanilla/

Have you done a search for rsSorc*.* on the whole drive?

8. lpblasch

File path for stashes is C:\Program Files\ATMA V\
    That's why I have examined the ATMA file to see if it is there somewhere.
    Did the search on the harddrive, no can find.

This is very puzzling because the files don't seem to be anywhere, don't disappear and don't open. I'm hoping Dr. Tenshi will answer up with some thoughts here.Thanks for trying to help.

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I had similar issues when I created stash files, then thought of a better name for them, and deleted the old ones. Still think deleting stuff is kinda awkward in ATMA.

10. sawm

sawm IncGamers Member

lpblasch: Look in your ATMA folder for a file called stashview.cfg. In there you should see all the filenames of your stashes, just go delete the rsSorceress.d2x entry from there (with ATMA closed!), and restart ATMA. Good luck.

11. lpblasch

I think we're getting close!!
    I found the stashview.cfg file inside ATMA config folder, but it won't open. I get the following window:
    "Windows cannot open the file.
    To open the file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer"
    You then can select one of those two options.

Okay, here's where the nOOb factor comes in. I imagine that ATMA is the program which created it, but when I tried the manual selection, ATMA was not listed, and I couldn't see how to enter it.
    When I tried the automatic option, I got a scary screen with lots of things I didn't understand about "dynamic IP's" and such.

So, how to proceed? Don't know if you can explain it so a rookie can understand, but give it a shot. I'm running Windows XP, BTW.Thanks for the help.

12. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Don't listen to what windows tells you. What it really needs to know is what
    program can view it, not what program created it. Since that is just a plain
    text file, notepad or some other text editor should do the trick.

13. lpblasch

Delreich for PRESIDENT!!!!
    OMFG> With my heart in my throat, I selected Notepad from the manual list. The file opened, and I deleted the rsSorceress junk. VIOLA!!! No more spurious .d2x files.
    A thousand thanks to you and Sawm for figuring this out.

14. sawm

sawm IncGamers Member

Glad things worked out ok for you.