Need Ancients help

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah my zealot doesnt have any probs with his HF merc either.. works great.
Maybe uyours is low lvl and so the range of his HF isnt that large yet

robin

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
I used a HF Merc for my Guardian and was happy enough with his help.

My strategy was to lay down some potions in opposite corners of the arena, then run around using Orb on them. I would occasionally teleport to keep my Merc close to me, I actually didn't want him to tank while three were alive. If my merc started to get low in health, then I would lure all the ancients to one corner and quickly teleport to the other corner and compose myself.

Take red potions as well as purples. Red potions are great for mercs if they can take a couple of hits because they progressively benefit as opposed to purples where as soon as you give it to them their life starts dropping.

When all but CIs are dead, then your merc should be able to tank one (assuming no curse or super-hard-hitting mods, and you can drop your firewalls while he's holding them still.

Good luck!

Butz. :teeth:

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
ok that's not work only on the french version.
Anyway if you kill izual in 3 FO, you do must no have time to see if freeze work

and if you use FO like buz, I don't know how you see the freeze effect !

:flip: anyway I'm a stupid froggy spychopathe , so I can't anderstand :flip:

wildjinn

Diabloii.Net Member
nemar said:
ok that's not work only on the french version.
Anyway if you kill izual in 3 FO, you do must no have time to see if freeze work

and if you use FO like buz, I don't know how you see the freeze effect !

:flip: anyway I'm a stupid froggy spychopathe , so I can't anderstand :flip:
Bah...y a pas de problème. Je vois l'effect de l'aura le plus quand je fais les tours du Pit avec ma Sorc et son Merc. Les Rogues froids-immunes sont absolument ralenti à demi-vitesse...je ne vois pas comment on peut le faire avec un autre merc. c'est trop vite comme ça! :p Aussi, tu n'es pas de "stupid froggy psychopath" du tout!

corrigement: possiblement "froggy," mais pas "stupid" ou "psychopath" :)

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I'm not saying mine was ideal, but he seemed to do the job ok.

Oh, and you should stop putting yourself down like that nemar...although perhaps the French and psychopath claims are irrefutable. ;)

(edit: Doh, slow typing, I see wildjinn already covered something like that last paragraph in French) :p

Butz. :teeth: