Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Ancients help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by mawa, Feb 5, 2004.

1. mawa

mawa IncGamers Member

Need Ancients help

Hello,

it's me again. I know my other post was mere minutes ago, but I forgot to ask this question and don't know how to change posts (if it's even possible). I need some help defeating the Hell Ancients. I can't seem to manage it with my Sorceress. She's using Frozen Orb and Firewall. I can usually kill one of them, but there always seems to be cold immune among them, and firewall...not good :xx:

-mawa

PS: I have a merc, but might as well go without him for all the difference it makes.

2. csarmi

csarmi Banned

Firewall not good?

3. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Not against anything that moves more than an inch per second...

4. mawa

mawa IncGamers Member

Ancients tend to move out of it...towards me -> not good! :D

-mawa

5. MrNiceGuyCRB

MrNiceGuyCRB IncGamers Member

Try to teleport around and keep your merc alive.. run around and orb any guy that isn't immune to cold, then use firewall on last guy with merc. If there are more than 1 cold immune, or a guy with FE, just reroll. Also you could TCP/IP with someone.

MrNiceGuy

6. mawa

mawa IncGamers Member

Tried that, but my merc is just to weak! Guess I have to train him up better first then! Thanks for all the help.

-mawa

7. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

yeah i would try to lvl up the merc if needed and maybe give him some better eqq so he could atleast keep the ancients still for atleast a short period while they stand on your Firewall. Be prepared to revive him alot.... = lots of $$ before you start fighting them

GL and if you really can´t get past them, host a mp game and ill help

8. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

in general it is best to hire a useful merc as early as you can, and keep him/her at approximately the same level as your char. they may die a lot, but just buckle down and keep ressurecting them. also, make sure to give your merc the best equipment you can afford to. good mods to look for on merc gear are life leech, damage reduction, resists, defense, and eventually magic find. all but the last one will keep your merc alive much longer, and life leech is absolutely required, especially against the ancients.

other than that, make sure that you arefighting them on /players 1, because they have insane amounts of health at higher players setting.

9. csarmi

csarmi Banned

I suppose you should be

- either not using firewall
    - or learn aiming it

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Do you have HF merc? it seems to be the best for sorc, you don't want anyone move to you, the slow effect is great.

11. Mr_McGee

Mr_McGee IncGamers Member

Cast firewall, teleport to the end and have them run down it. Rinse. Repeat.

12. Alram

Alram IncGamers Member

Drop a bunch of potions on the ground before the fight in case you run out.

13. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

u tried casting static field first a couple of times to lower their HP :innocent:

nah seriously, i would say get your merc to your lvl, give him a decent lifeleech and defense reroll untill only 1 is cold or fire immune and beat the crap out of them then... if that wont work, u can always do like snakeeyes said, host an MP game and the entire SPF-crew will teach those pesky old stuborn guys a thing or 2 :teeth:

regards,
    robin

14. mawa

mawa IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the helpfull advise, guys. I'll try what you said, and if it doesn't work I'll do it in MP game instead.

-mawa

15. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

? HF ?
    I suppose you don't want to say Holly freeze ?
    because in 1.10 it's a f-xxxx-ing error to take him in hell !!!! the slow effect = 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm becoming a spycopathe if I read that one again :rant:

take a defensive that the best for a sorceress and give him the best you can.

like I saied one or two day ago, take a weapon with charges : decrepy, or low resist or anything that will kill the cold immune.

or look at start if CI-FE and reroll by tp if yes. after 15 time, with some luck....

16. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

What's wrong with it? I don't play sorc (not in 1.10 yet), but I've seen it in action, the slow looks good, makes FO and other spells easy to aim. He doesn't die often either.

17. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

that's right in NM or in 1.09

but in hell 1.10 monsters are not stopped by HC merc. you can see it in act 3 or act 4 very well the running monsters run very well.

OK, CI monster change color with HF, but that's all. I tested it with 3 HC chars, one is dead and I must leveling for the two others,

in more the holly freeze in NM don't start immediatly, so if you're sorceres is a killing machine, you will kill them before. and a fireball is better to stop a monster than HF.

it's like CM, you can pump, that don't breack CI !

a defensive merc will defense himselft and will be stay alive more time and the sorceres will have a best defense also

18. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

HF merc doesn't stop anything anywhere with the aura only...but it does slow the monsters, in 1.0-1.10, meaning every patch, in every difficulty. I have HF merc with my hammerdin who does hell 8 players both hands tied behind his back, the critters are slowed nicely by his merc, just like they're supposed to be...

I repeat once again, there is no bug.

19. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I'm going to have to go with Borlag on that one. I'm using a Holy Freeze merc with my Meteorb in hell, and she's loving him. Not only does he slow everything on the screen, monsters will often take a second to decide what to do when they first get hit by his aura. And this is act 4, Hell difficulty.

PS. Killed Izual in 3 orbs today. :D :jig:

20. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Hi Nemar

I have seen no bug effects with the HF Merc as well, my HC Barb is enjoying the slow very nicely. (To Act II Hell only now)

The range and slow effect get bigger when the merc get a better level. You have to level this guy equally to yourself to see the effect.

The only ones immune to HF are some Act 5 ones (I think some of these Frenzy guys), all others including CI are slowed just nicely. The slow effect is not comming from cold damage.

Randall