Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice on what kind of sorc to make for my first mf char... d

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Oct 7, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

Need advice on what kind of sorc to make for my first mf char...

Hi guys. Well, as you all know, I like making abstract chars, taking on challenges and just having fun. Well, I think it's time I put some of this aside for a tiny bit, don't you threat I will never stop doing that stuff:grin: , and make a mf char. All my builds that were done were usually done untwinked and without much help from getting gear with other chars. I have a lvl 81 hammerdin, but all of his gear got lost a while back and he's pretty much naked. So, I've decided to finally make a mf sorc. I know, I'm probably the only guy here without one, but I just never got around to making one and I think now's the time, but my only question is what kind of sorc should I make?

On Bnet, this is before I quit and moved to spf for good:azn: , I had 2 mf sorcs actually: A lvl 87 pure blizz sorc and a lvl ** light sorc. Both owned absolutely everything, they were a blast to play, and I got lots of goodies using them. Well, that was then, this is now and now I need another good mf build.

What I'm mainly looking for is something that can kill relatively fasy and easily and not with optimal gear...so light sorc is pretty much out lol. I don't know if I should go with pure blizz because I have some knowledge of the build or try a blizzballer or meteorb. To be honest, and this is just out of pure style opinion, I'd like to try something with orb because I never got really too into the skill (I was more of a blizz boy rather than the orbers:azn: ). So maybe a meteorb, although blizzballer is still another option I'm looking at. I'm just looknig for a good one to mf meph, andy, pits, shank, eld, pindle, cows...and maybe some LK chests lol.

Well I really hope you guys can help me on this and I appreciate any advice, thanks again guys.

P.S-Oh suiling, don't you threat, I am definently making my poison nec after this build, I will try to keep you updated lol

2. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Pure Blizzard = Efficiency at Pindleskin, Mephisto, Ancient Tunnels
    Pure Fire = Andariel, Flayer Jungle (Runehunting), Icy Caverns (Runehunting)
    Hybrids = Versatility

We recently had a topic discussing this very subject to a large extent.

3. diablo loves donutz

Well I mean the pure blizz would be nice in terms of getting items, but I kind of want a build I can have some more fun with, and after my old bnet days of casting 10 billion blizzards, I feel as though I should try something new...

4. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

If you're tired of Blizzard, then you could try something new indeed :azn:

As Corrupted said, this has been discused time and again. If you are searching for something new, which can run many areas and you're inclined to try orb, well, then the meteorb is for you, [url="http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=254070]check it out[/url].

Pure Blizzard can truly go for an impressive damage, but being only one elemental makes you teleport like mad when you a see a mob of cold immunes. Blizzballer is really versatile and we have some clvl 99 chars being blizzballers. Although the build is effective even untwinked it's true potential comes out when you have some +skills equipment (as most sorc builds).

Both the meteorb and the blizzballer are very versatile and can handle almost any area in the game, is just a matter of taste. There are other several sorc builds, but they require some items or are very item dependant

5. diablo loves donutz

Lol, I thought you're first line was a joke in itself lol.

Well altough, like you said, blizzballer is probably better and more effective, it still requires some good +skills and the whole reason I'm making this build is to get some good items lol and I'm pretty sure a meteorb is pretty cheap to make (Besides I could always make a blizzballer after this sorc).

Btw, are there any other builds that utilize orb, but not with meteor on the side? Could a firewall/orber be viable or would it just be out of the question, regardless, I can still always go for the meteorb.

6. PetePizza

PetePizza IncGamers Member

Could a Hydra-Orb be a successful build?

7. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Assuming you start with not much gear, these would be my choices, in order of best to least.

Pure Blizzard
    Blizzard/Firewall
    Meteorb
    Blizzard/Fireball (or Blizzard/Meteor)

Light sorc I find a slower killer, and I'd rather build one after having some gear for it... but Marvel runs with a Lightning sorc and he is one of the richest people on these forums.

8. diablo loves donutz

I think I want to go with an orber, but maybe substitute meteor with fireball, although I'd invest points in the two due to their being pre requisites. Also, I like that orb only has a 1 second casting delay and that FB has no casting delay. Now...to think of a name...

9. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

I Guardianed a Hydra-Orb sorc, I basically played her like a Meteor-orb sorc though with FO for all but the cold immunes and Fireball for the cold immunes. Hydra is useful in some situations but not many, Meteor is a far better choice.

10. Hoop76

Hoop76 IncGamers Member

You could use fireball/orb Youd pretty much put points in the same skills as Meteor/Orb, but fireball does good damage and isnt on a timer so you can spam it.