Need advice on my sorceress

Delirium

Diabloii.Net Member
Need advice on my sorceress

im planning to have a sorcy which uses skills based only lightning and cold tree

I want to get

Lightning Tree

20 Nova
20 Lightning Mastery

Cold Tree
?
?

What can you suggest for cold tree?

Thomh

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Need advice on my sorceress

Hey, a Dumagueteño in the SPF. That was completely ripped off from Wikipedia, unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum and second the recommendation of a Blova.

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member

Wikipedia said:
The City of Dumaguete is a city in the Philippine province of Negros Oriental.
I giggled for about 30 seconds. :(

Also, third recommendation for a Blova.

Delirium

Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome to the SPF.

/kicks shins

Everyone loves these, so here: Blova Guide by Liquid Circus

May your drops be green and gold.

Also, Dumaguete sounds pretty cool. Is it real? I'll check google later.
Thanks dude! Dumaguete btw is in the Philippines. If I can still remember, I started playing Diablo II original when I was 11 o 12, im 21 right now...
I just don't know what items to be bought and wear... The funny thing before is that I choose armors with high def rather than its stats... i don't care if it has 40 to all resists, all i care is def... I've been reading this forum a month ago i just decided to join and interact with Diablo II elite players...

Hey, a Dumagueteño in the SPF. That was completely ripped off from Wikipedia, unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum and second the recommendation of a Blova.
Just wanna ask, why Ice Blast and not Glacial Spike since Glacial Spike is an AoE skill. and just 1 point on CM

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member

I just don't know what items to be bought and wear...
See Section V of the guide.

I copied/pasted/spoilered it below.

Liquid Circus said:
V. Gear Selection
The aim of your gear is to get you the following:
  • +Skills
  • 105 FCR (this is essential for a good application of Nova)
  • Resistances (you’ll be in range for Death Cold Novas, LE bolts, sometimes even FE explosions, so good resistances will make your life much easier)
  • FHR (we recommend 60% for an 8 frame hit recovery, which you can get with “Spirit†and a Small Charm of Balance).
  • MF (once the above safety and kill speed issues have been addressed, you are free to pile on the MF)
Helm: If you don’t have a Griffon’s Eye for this slot, you should be using full Tal’s set. The -eLR makes a huge difference in damage output and without it you won’t be putting most monsters in hit recovery with your Nova. Nightwing’s Veil is a distant third option to the two former candidates, but has its place if you want a better area runner.

Weapon: Obviously Death’s Fathom should be your end game aspiration, but a “Heart of the Oak†or an Oculus will work just fine. Eschuta’s is a poor choice because the mods on the other options greatly outweigh Eschuta’s pitiful increase to Nova damage. A "Spirit" weapon is also an option, and Tal Rasha’s Lidless Eye works if you’re going with the full set.

Amulet: Tal Rasha’s Adjudication. Even if you aren’t going full Tal’s, wearing the amulet, armor and belt makes a great combo for a build aiming towards MF. If, however, Magic Finding is not your purpose, whatever your best option is should work fine: Mara’s Kaleidoscope, rares, or crafts.

Armor: Tal Rasha’s Guardianship for MF or budget, otherwise “Chains of Honor†or Skin of Vipermagi.

Shield: “Spirit†Monarch. There is virtually no reason to use anything else and this was a main staple of all our Blova characters for good reason; the mods are simply too useful to go with any other option. Max block does not equate to max safety for this build.

Gloves: Trang-Oul’s Claws or Magefist if you need the FCR, Chance Guards or Frostburns if you don’t.

Belt: Tal Rasha’s Fine-Spun Cloth for MF or budget, otherwise Arachnid’s Mesh.

Rings: Stone of Jordan x2. If you don’t have them, then we recommend that you make up FCR with the rings and wear Frostburns or Chance Guards.

Boots: War Traveler’s for MF, otherwise wear whatever fills your needs. Aldur’s shores up your Fire Resists, Sandstorm Trek’s shores up Poison Res and, with “Spiritâ€, puts you 11% FHR short of 7 frame recovery; rare boots can also supply a variety of neat mods.

Charms: A combination of Sparking and Chilling supplemented with a Gheed’s and various smalls to fill holes in your setup. Sprinkle the rest of the inventory with MF smalls (as well as the obvious Hellfire Torch and Annihilus if on realm).

The funny thing before is that I choose armors with high def rather than its stats... i don't care if it has 40 to all resists, all i care is def...
In Diablo 2, defence does almost nothing for you unfortunately. You should start donning the +40 Resistance armors and throwing away the high defence armors.

Just wanna ask, why Ice Blast and not Glacial Spike since Glacial Spike is an AoE skill. and just 1 point on CM
Again from the guide:

Liquid Circus said:
20 Ice Blast (this build shines as a Baal/boss runner where Ice Blast greatly outpaces Glacial Spike for overall effectiveness)

You already have Blizzard/Nova for AoE.

Liquid Circus said:
1+ Cold Mastery (typically enough to net -125% enemy cold resists) *See below for explanation on Cold Mastery

Not necessarily 1 point, they suggest 1 point only if you have enough +Skills on your gear to boost it to level 22. You can just put more if you feel like it.

baldanders

Diabloii.Net Member

In Diablo 2, defence does almost nothing for you unfortunately. You should start donning the +40 Resistance armors and throwing away the high defence armors.
It seems to be pretty hard to design a game like Diablo where defense is really useful. It's the same (maybe moreso) in Angband, from which Diablo is pretty directly descended- armor is for the side effects, not the defense.

xxnothing

Diabloii.Net Member

Glacial Spike is great for crowd control as the freeze effect is AoE as well as damage. Ice Blast does more damage, but only freezes a single target. It's all about playstyle, use whatever suits you best!