Need advice on my new bow zon

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
Need advice on my new bow zon

Hi, all
I am planing to build a new bow zon that mainly take advantage of CB and amp
So I did some research and planed her out on the following gear.

amping+CB+Knockback strafer

head: 80ed 30 ias giant skull
weapon: 14/2/3 faith mbow (using mb coz lacking ias)
armor: fort
belt: razortail
glove: 52ed steelrend
boot: gore
ammy: atma
ring:2x dual leech ring /or maybe raven + 1 dual leech ring

Now for merc I was thinking of using the act1 rogue using ice bow to gain maximum crowd control

What do you all think of this?

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks pretty potent overall, but here are a few suggestions.

Gloves: I would definitely use crafted blood gloves. You can get the same CB, the points you save on the required strength can be put into dex to match the ED, and the multitude of other possible mods will make them far superior. Another alternative would be LoH gloves that would give you the IAS needed to use GMB Faith instead. They also work great for Baal runs.

Rings: Dual Leech + Raven

Merc: I'm not a fan of using an Act1 merc for a Zon. Auras granted by an Act2 merc are so much more useful IMO, not to mention the CB they can have on their weapons.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
don't use steelrends because they're way too heavy and all you get is 10% cb
definitely 20 ias gloves here because that way you also reach the strafe breakpoint

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks pretty potent overall, but here are a few suggestions.

Gloves: I would definitely use crafted blood gloves. You can get the same CB, the points you save on the required strength can be put into dex to match the ED, and the multitude of other possible mods will make them far superior. Another alternative would be LoH gloves that would give you the IAS needed to use GMB Faith instead. They also work great for Baal runs.

Rings: Dual Leech + Raven

Merc: I'm not a fan of using an Act1 merc for a Zon. Auras granted by an Act2 merc are so much more useful IMO, not to mention the CB they can have on their weapons.
Yah, you are right about the strength requirements.... if only there is a fomula to down grade the steelrend... May I just ask. How much ED is per Dex point spent?

As for merc, I know the best option is proably the act2 might merc with Pride. However, They die too much in CS i am just sick of reviving them. Also, just want to try something different i guess, plus the ice rw really give maximum crowd control i think it might be a good idea.
Anyway, thanks for your advice I will start her tonite and see how she all turns out.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
don't use steelrends because they're way too heavy and all you get is 10% cb
definitely 20 ias gloves here because that way you also reach the strafe breakpoint
Yah.. i just realized they got the painful 185 str requirments..><

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
1 point in dex = 1% ed, so if you need 50 extra strength to wear the Steelrends, it's basically a wash. I saw your ISO thread; good luck finding those crafted blood gloves.

Regarding the A2 merc dying, I see some people putting Pride in a normal polearm to avoid IM death. Basically, his damage is so pathetic that he doesn't kill himself. You could use an eth elite Pride or other weapon for elsewhere of course.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
1 point in dex = 1% ed, so if you need 50 extra strength to wear the Steelrends, it's basically a wash. I saw your ISO thread; good luck finding those crafted blood gloves.

Regarding the A2 merc dying, I see some people putting Pride in a normal polearm to avoid IM death. Basically, his damage is so pathetic that he doesn't kill himself. You could use an eth elite Pride or other weapon for elsewhere of course.
Are those glove really rare? I have no idea. Might as well start do some myself.

Yah, I still doubt they will servive since their live is only about 2 k or 4 k after Bo.
I imaging the damage using normal will be somwhere around 600 maybe more with my fana
With IM he will still die in 2 or 3 hits. Another reason is I have never tried act 1 merc on ice. really want to see how it turns out. If it doesn't work out for her, then I guess i will jsut go buy another merc since merc lvling is not a problem now.

Thanks again for the reply.:smiley:

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
Turned out she is just fine. With merc's holy freeze and 2frame knockback strafe nothing can really touch her.
The only problem is that I have like 470 life and with not so high resist it's instant death againest D if he decides to firestorm or lightening attack. Generally, she is kind of a lousy boss killer ( at least for baal and D). I guess I will have to just get some life scs and be patient when it comes to killing baal. Also I was woundering if the Dex bonous gets any kind of diminish for ed?

Steadman

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually if you can get a hand on it, I've always found putting Woestave on my merc is the best course of action when I'm a ranged attacker.