Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice on items

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Console' started by BadChoice, Oct 2, 2014.

1. BadChoice

BadChoice IncGamers Member

So I have made it too level 70 paragon 145, and I am coming across a small problem that I'm not fully understanding in T6. I'm going to base this question on my (Light Hammer) Crusader since he is the one I enjoy playing the most at the moment.

At the moment I would like to believe my sheet stats are good enough, DMG - 1124K Amr - 20.1M ++ - 5980. I'v always looked for the basic 4 stats for my items, Str-Vit-CC-CD and when able on the item get Blessed Hammer DMG, Lighting DMG, Resist All Elements , Life% and a little Attack Speed.

Now in T6, I have kill ability but their are some Blues, Yellows and Purples that just stomp me over and over and idk why... Now I have a feeling what I am going to ask is a silly answer and was in front of me the whole time..

But what are the item stats that should be looked for to pound out T6 and or "end game" for Uber fights and etc?

2. AceOfJacks

AceOfJacks IncGamers Member

I don't think it's as simple as "Stack dmg, stack def, roll through everything", especially when you're dealing with extremely high numbers for boss packs. As one who recently came back to the game, my advice might be slightly outdated, but I believe you want to look at more than just primary stat and vit/def.

You need resistances to deal with fire craters, lightning orbs, spinning ice balls, and arcane beams. You need attack speed + life on hit combined to deal with reflect dmg and being mobbed, or recovering life after being stunned/frozen. You have to consider that boss packs will not just sit there and take damage, they have lots of tricks up thier sleeves, and you need to protect yourself accordingly.

Yes, there are some modifiers you might not care about on items, but you have to pay attention to your characters advanced stats. Do you walk too slowly to run away from frozen novas before they pop? Do you have the ability to tank if you get surrounded by minions who all have electrified or illusionist? If not, can you absord enough life per swing to stabilize? If you get frozen, will you die before it wears off? These are more general questions than specifics, since I've only played a Wizard, and all my experience is pre-expansion, since Infinite Archon was around. I'm only level 30 on console, so I can't answer anything for high level specifics.

3. BadChoice

Well if it helps, I can post stats and gear to give a better idea.

4. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

I'm sort of in the same boat but I play barb 70/142. So I'm curious to see where this thread winds up. My progression was mainly damage focus until I realized I needed protection from elite mobs. I found that aligning my passives for damage to clear T1 was fine, but not so much in higher levels. Aligning the passives for protection in T4 for example, allowed me to tank. I also had to add some diamonds for resistance.

A bit more focus on survival unfortunately nerfs my damage. I did however refocus my skills/runes on lightning which helps me due to thunderfury/fulminator & T-Gods. To up my damage again, all I can think of at this point is getting a decent roll on a stone of Jordan ring (+elite damage) and a higher damage thunderfury.

Anyway, I understand barb can tank well, but adding res all really helped survivability for me so far. 1017k 11.4M 20.6k (593,369 life/shout) all res about 70-75%. 46/522 critical. Lightning damage 1,170,349.
    If I use insanity rune for wrath of the berserker, damage is 1922k (56/522 critical) but drops if I use a more defensive rune- but tanks better.

I know it's a different class here but I hope it provokes some contrasting differences and thought.
    Take care.

5. ron

ron IncGamers Member

I would check out some of the tools people use in the PC version. There are websites where you can calculate your eDPS. Most endgame builds on PC have lower attack ratings than you are showing. They do have specific builds and stacked elemental and/or skill damage that makes their effective dps much higher than the sheet dps shown on the character screen.

I have never seen a hammer build in T6. Most of the crusaders used either fist of the heavens with full akkhans set, darklight and as much +fire% as they can get and enough CDR to maintain 100% uptime on Akarats Champion w/ firestarter rune.

Another build is the holy shotgun using full akkhans, fate of the fell and heavens fury with the last rune slotted. Again 100% akarats champion is necessary to survive in T6.

Barbs were a bit harder. There were less builds, the only one I know of was leapquake.

I think the newer consoles are getting updated to 2.1 soon, if thats the case and you play one of those more builds will open up.

Barloc likes this.
  6. BadChoice

yeah sadly I have seen no mention of hammer builds in t6, and most forums about hammer builds just turn into people cursing one another out because someone calls it a hammerdin build like from D2 lol....
    BUT, I'd really like to get my hope up for maybe being able to find a usable build with hammers for T6, I tried some of those tools and they helped a little. I lowered my sheet stats and changed a few enchants around and got too like 35ish% CDR and -11% elite dmg. I can play t6 better with more kill's but man.. There are certain rare packs with like molten or thunderstorm that just laugh at me and kick my butt lol :(

I got to thinking after seeing some items, would the new Blackthorns be worth it? I have the act1 ring Royal, so I only need two pieces for the that nice immunity buff... Any ideas?

And sadly with the barbs I wish I could help you Barloc, I use to run a WW prior RoS to farm xp in act 3 but, now i tried the class to get him to lvl 70 and wow... what a headache lol... My old prior RoS Wizard build was blowing that WW out of the water which blows my mind.

7. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

One thing I've read about, but I'm not sure is available for console is the unity ring with the "cannot die" follower item. I have the item for my follower, but no rings. The damage is split between two wearers, so you put one on you and the follower then presto - reduced damage! Sounds cool but I dont know if you can get for console...

That might be a nice way to re-balance for damage rather than safety. Sounds like cheating lol...

Also, a ring of royal grandeur, lets you wear less set peices and still get full bonuses (might be useful on the leapquake barb mentioned -perhaps). Ok I see you have that as I re-read--nice!

Also, I'm learning more about sheet damage as time progresses, and apparently I could try higher lightning % damage at the expense of lowering my sheet damage and get better results. Ron seems to get this.

I didn't really solo the game from the beginning because I was playing with my son (monk) quite a bit to begin with. I think I was like 50 when he broke off for awhile and I solo'd on and on. We would find and share items regularly to add to each other, but he was way stronger. But now that my items and build are so tight, he cant really pvp vs me. But yeah I think early on without decent weapon drops it can be frustrating. I'm happy with how far I progressed, but I'm not feeling compelled to push further.

At the beginning of the community event I played the first day or two and stopped. I had soooo many legendary drops but 99% useless. Turned them all into forgotten souls and re-rolled everything with NOT ONE BETTER RESULT. So I'm like, do I want to keep going? I did however get a better Thunderfury! But it really made little difference.

8. BadChoice

I have found after testing and testing... I am running just two piece black thorns and 3 crusader set and T6 now is not that big of problem, with certain items it helps but certain acts are harder than others like act4 omg... don't even touch it but, I have faith their is a T6 usable class for light hammers... and that whole unity exploit is sad, and im not willing to find one and get a friend to dupe the item for me or anything like that... I'd rather know within my self I built this class and found a way it works with and without a follower or friends in the party.

And I understand the whole monk think, the monks are nasty now, the one ive been playing around with can kick butt in T3 and i got the last piece of Innas I needed yesterday so now T4 is just a fly by but... when it comes too pvp I cant say much, I've only done it once with my friends and my friends monk and my others friends barb couldn't touch me lol