Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice on dealing with PI and DR equip

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by JKS, Aug 1, 2010.

1. JKS

JKS IncGamers Member

Need advice on dealing with PI and DR equip

I got to clvl80 doing Baal runs on NM. The equip is rather lowend, but with very high AR and Crescent Moon Berserker axe I'm doing OK.

Sacrifice, Zeal and Fanaticsm are already maxed and HS I plan to leave at around lvl5.

I tried to play a bit in Hell and the two problems are low life (even though I have lots of life leech) and the PI go down a bit too slow with lvl1 Vengeance.

Would a Passion Berserker Axe solve the problems with PI? If not, how to make best use of Vengeance and Conviction? If maxing one, first which one? Or invest equally in each?

Do you consider Hell Survivable with 1.2K life and 75% block or I need to get some DR equip first?

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: Need advice on dealing with PI and DR equip

I wouldn't worry too much about DR, it's nice if you can get it, but with:
    max block
    1200 life
    good / max resists

you should be fine.

For PI's getting an Atmas Scarab amulet, or Reapers Toll on the merc would help remove some PI's for you.

3. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Lawbringer (phase blade) is cheap and nice weapon against PI (use conv aura while zealing with it). Decrepify curse break some immunes and it has enough elemental damage to kill quite fast.

There are better weapons, but its very easy to survive while using that weapon.

Its easy to survive too when all monsters around you do half damage and attack slowly (when they are decrepify cursed). Easy to keep merc alive too while using that weapon.

That life is plenty for hell, if you resist (fire,lightning) are near max too.

4. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

If you want %DR, String of Ears is a good belt and should be pretty cheap. Shank and DH covered the rest. If you find yourself taking a lot of damage, though, you might want to change up your play style. On my Zealots, I hardly ever stand still. I constantly use Smite and Charge to break up packs and stun enemies. I take a lot less damage that way.

5. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

hehe Dr Clock, I just stand still, hold Zeal down and use a rejuv if needed if LT isn't doing it's job :) Each to his/her own :D.

6. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

The best damage reduction for PvM is interger DR (damage reduced by number), a cheap way to get it is putting some Sol runes in the sockets in your gear.