Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice on a Magezon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TraxisX, Apr 1, 2004.

1. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Need advice on a Magezon

Hi! I'm starting a Magezon soon, and I have a good idea of how I am going to spend my skill points, but I need some advice on what order I should max my skills. My skills will look something like this:

20 Immolation Arrow
    20 Exploding Arrow
    20 Freezing Arrow
    20 Valkyrie
    6 Pierce
    With 1 in all pre-reqs, it comes to a total of 97 skill points, so the build would be finished at lvl 85.

I really have no clue as to what skills I will need first. I was thinking IA and FA first, but I also need to know when I should start pumping my Valk and Exploding arrow. Any advice is welcome. Also, if I have low AR, would that effect the chance of the fire/cold damage hitting, or just the physical damage? I want to put as few points into Str and Dex as possible, so I will have plenty of life and a nice Mana pool as well, (as I won't be leeching).

2. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I think as you're leveling, you should spend 1-5pts in exploding arrow first, otherwise, you might have a problem with damage. Then start placing 1-5pts in FA/pierce while pumping IA and valk. After IA and valk are maxed, pump the rest for damage. Just use FA to make ice-cubes and IA to melt them. This way, you have an easier time with your mana pool.
    Of course, if you're twinked, I don't think it matters much how you max the skills anyway then.

Both IA/FA are auto-hit.

3. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

You might want to consider throwing some points into magic arrow. There are monsters that will spawn FI/CI, and it might help having that 3rd option, especially since it converts a decent percentage to magic damage.

4. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

sorry about this being kinda ot, but can sum1 tell me what a magezon is?

5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

A magezon is a amazon that uses primarily elememtal skills to deal her damage, largely ignoring the more conventional Strafe/MS/Guided Arrow.