Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice from Pro Hammerdins

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Cassiopeia, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia IncGamers Member

Need advice from Pro Hammerdins

So I found a

War Sceptor (white)
    +3 Blessed Hammer
    +3 Concentration
    +2 Conviction

and was wondering what some experienced Hammerdins might recommend I do with it. Is it worth it to try a cube socket and gamble for 4 sockets to get fortitude? or should I just larzuk it and get a guaranteed 5 sockets for cta or something of the sort? Will the cube socket option reroll the +skills on it if I went that route?

2. the boss

the boss IncGamers Member

That may be a good mage weapon if you make 5x (5/-5 light facets) or a Cta weapon on switch.

but this scepter will cost your fcr to be 75% rather than 125% though.

Rare, but sick find

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

And no, socketing the scepter will NOT reroll the skills on it.

5 sockets and 5 15%allres jewels would be a funny thing. :azn:

4. vietl0yalty

vietl0yalty IncGamers Member

if this is on east ladder please let me kno... i am highly interested in this and can pay well for it if its for trade

it would be nice to make a fortitude out of but when you use the cube recipe u can get anywhere from 1-5 sockets so its a gamble... if you get 5 sockets u can make either a cta / eternity / honor weapon

anyhow lemme know if its for trade... i ll buy it the way it is if need be... thanks and nice find

5. oneBlast

oneBlast IncGamers Member

I think you better use Larzuk quest to get the sockets - cube recipe is just to random if you ask me.
    BTW, where did you find this scepter? (location/difficulty)

6. Apophis

Apophis Banned

this is my dream,i would want to find one with 4 sox.. :) if you're europe ladder and have 4 sox , i would pay you a lot, have you ever heard of HEART OF THE OAK.?

7. oneBlast

Sorry mate, but you can't make hoto in scepters AFAIK.
    "Maces = Mace, Morning Star, Flail, and Exceptional/Elite versions."

Taken from Arreat Summit

Your best bet would be CtA or 25/25 liight facets.

8. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

hmmm it would be awesome for cta for mage but u will lose fcr not using hoto and it has no foh to be fohstick dunno wat to do if i had one of those

9. Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia IncGamers Member

Item dropped off Baal minions in NM on USEast Ladder. I picked it up after the run was over looking for cash items. I guess no one even bothered to look /shrug

I decided to try for 4 sockets on this item.

Like most have already said one good option is obviously cta while using it as a main weapon for a HDin. The problem with cta however is the missing FCR but the advantage is an extra +1 skill to all which I think would add about 500 damage or so to hammers (not counting BO). This is not bad but I am not very high on the +1 skill over fcr argument so CTA is out.

The problem with my HDin is the fact that he is a glass cannon (dont have a lot of high end stuff and only 1 HR) and maybe its just me, but my HDin gets hit a lot. For my HDin, Holy Shield will probably never get maxed so relying on that alone for defense hasnt worked for me. This is why I am drooling over fortitude on this weapon. +200% <- (Percent) is the equivalent of a 8 skill level holy shield. Thats a lot of defense and it includes fcr and resists just like HoTO. In other words, with fort, this weapon becomes a HoTO with 200% def if I get the 4 sockets. This should easily push his defense over 10k with holy shield and that to me is better than 500 damage.

Another interesting result of having this weapon be a Fort would be the idea of putting only 1 point in Holy Shield and maxing something else entirely. Since the scepter has conviction it might be interesting to work on some other support skill. /shrug

10. PallyPVM

PallyPVM IncGamers Member

I know this scepter.
    I dont use it with my hammerdine but keep in stash for future trade. I would stick to proved to be good HOTO and CTA.

11. oneBlast

Guy's - read my previous post pls.
    You can't make a HoTO in scepters.
    Tha only thing (usefull) you can do is either CtA or put 5 5/5 lighning facets.

12. TheJesus

TheJesus Banned

Try sell it to some collector. Using that weapon on a hammer in PvP is useless