Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice for my Lite Sorc (getting past lightning immunes) der=

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Tweezle, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Need advice for my Lite Sorc (getting past lightning immunes)

I've got a problem. I built a pure, single element Lite Sorc. She's got heavy- duty lightning damage...I've maxed lightning & lightning mastery, and at level 52, working on maxing the other lightning skills and just started Hell.

I've just run into the lightning immunes in the burial grounds and cold plains, and I'm getting creamed! Until now, I could pretty much annihilate anything in my path with relative ease most of the time.

Question: What can I equip my Sorc with to kill these lightning immunes?

I know other players have done this same build and they must've gotten around the immunes some how. This is my first sorc build so I am kinda in the dark here.

I'm used to my pally who does physical damage .. Sooo... I'm not used to using magic damage all that much. I really like the fact that with magic skills you don't have to get close to kill, that's kinda fun.
    Ok any helpful advice will be appreciated. I'm tired of dying now plus getting really broke.:crazyeyes:

2. Pjoll

Pjoll IncGamers Member

Re: Need advice for my Lite Sorc (getting past lightning immunes)

For now you will either need to get a weapon with +skill to fire or ice, teleport past them, or get an infinity.

I highly suggest the infinity. Going pure Light with an infinity on my merc, I can pump out nearly 50k Lightning and over 15k CL. The infinity won't get rid of all light immunes, but it will get rid of most of them. It's the conviction aura that does it :)

3. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Level 52 is low for hell, I usually don't do hell until 70-75 depending on the build.

4. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Yes it is. I happened into a Meph game to complete the last A3 quest.. NM.. and there was a high level rusher in the game. Needless to say I got rushed straight into Hell that way. I was hoping to level my sorc faster in Hell but then ran into those pesky l. immunes.
    May go back to NM to level up some, then equip my merc with the insight like the advice posted above. He's of course not a high enough level to carry an Insight yet.((
    But Hell is so much faster for leveling of course so I'm tempted to keep trying.

5. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Personally I use the mercenary to deal with LIs. You won't be able to put much on your sorceress to help. So instead lead up the merc with Crushing Blow and a fast high damaging weapon. LIs will still take a while, but they are manageable.

6. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

Yeah that makes sense. Well my merc is only level 50. I put a "woestave" polearm on him that has prevent monster heal, blinds target, 50% chance of open wounds, freezes target & slows target by 50%. Pretty good BUT his resists are pitiful low for hell...40's and 20's. Keeping him alive is a chore all in it's own.
    Well, back to lvling us up I guess....: ty for the advice ya'll :nod:

7. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

You should get a better weapon for him. Woestave simply doesn't do enough damage, also Prevent Monster Heal does not work on mercs and Open Wounds is not that great in PvM.

Kelpie Snare, Hone Sundan and Pierre Tombale Couant would all be better choices. Personally I'd suggest making Insight runeword into some exceptional polearm like Partizan.
    For resists, maybe use Duriel's Shell and Tals mask.

And as others have said, level ~50 is way too low for Hell.

8. BoD Trader

BoD Trader IncGamers Member

all you need is to shop for a lower res wand aint that hard to find. It's the poor mans infy, shud help get past most light imunes.

9. Tweezle

Tweezle IncGamers Member

yeah I've been leveling/finishing quests in nm. I've never been rushed into hell at such a low lvl before and was feeling like I could possibly take a swing at it but obviously that wasn't a very prudent decision on my part.

Hey funny you should mention the Hone Sundan. I found one the other day, a three-socket.
    I'll use my pally to do some baal runs or go into the pit and se if I can come across the Duriel's shell or Tal mask. God knows I've found and sold plenty of those to the merchants on those runs.
    Ty ya'll....:thanks: