Need a new build

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
Need a new build

Tried bone necro, frost mage, bowazon and shockadin to 80+, and I'm running out of ideas. What other good builds could I make? I play single player, so my access to gear is limited.

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Youma said:
Tried bone necro, frost mage, bowazon and shockadin to 80+, and I'm running out of ideas. What other good builds could I make? I play single player, so my access to gear is limited.
U can try making a SINGER... aka Shouting Baba.... :thumbsup:

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Skim through the stickied guides threads at the top of each class-specific forum. There are tons of variant builds out there. Just to name a few off the top of my head:

Amazon - Magezon, Fendazon
Assasin - Pheonix Strike, Dragon Tail
Barbarian - Throw Barb, Singer
Druid - Armageddon, Fire Claws, Rabies/Fury
Necromancer - Poison Dagger
Paladin - Charger, Ranger, FoH
Sorceress - Melee Enchantress, Tri-elemental

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
Not all chars are good for hardcore, any physical melee char will eventually kill himself with iron maden. Can you actually do damage with a singer?

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
You can kinda do damage. It's slow but stuff dies eventually. Google for a skill planner and you can allocate skill points and check out damage.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Youma said:
Not all chars are good for hardcore...
Eureka! Precisely why you should use a little of your own judgement.

By the way, none of the builds you claim to have soloed to lvl 80+ would I qualify as being "good for hardcore," but they obviously can be made to work, so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.
Youma said:
... any physical melee char will eventually kill himself with iron maden.
Only if you play carelessly.

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:
Eureka! Precisely why you should use a little of your own judgement.
I don't know he kinda has a point. I'm oh so heavily considering trading alot of my accumulated gear just to make a titan barb, but I'm almost 100% positive he'll die.

If I played softcore, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but not every build is meant for HC (read viable in HC)

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Some people love that thing!

Its really not bad with good block, but man you can port around like something mad with no block.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
bigD72 said:
I don't know he kinda has a point. I'm oh so heavily considering trading alot of my accumulated gear just to make a titan barb, but I'm almost 100% positive he'll die.

If I played softcore, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but not every build is meant for HC (read viable in HC)
So "viable" = "good"? I don't suppose this build is "good", is it? He's certainly proven that it's "viable", but what makes it "good" or not?

I made a Titan Barb back in 1.09. I guess I could say he was "viable" because he didn't die, but I wouldn't exactly say he was "good for hardcore."

I guess what I'm getting at is that the original question was very general, so I gave a very general answer. You need to be a little more specific if you want more help, i.e. how tediously you're willing to play this character and how mainstream (or not) you would like to be with it.

Youma

Diabloii.Net Member
Was asking for opinions out of your own experiences, but maybe I'm one of few crazy enough to bury 20 chars in order to get to lvl80. : )

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:
So "viable" = "good"? I don't suppose this build is "good", is it? He's certainly proven that it's "viable", but what makes it "good" or not?

I made a Titan Barb back in 1.09. I guess I could say he was "viable" because he didn't die, but I wouldn't exactly say he was "good for hardcore."

I guess what I'm getting at is that the original question was very general, so I gave a very general answer. You need to be a little more specific if you want more help, i.e. how tediously you're willing to play this character and how mainstream (or not) you would like to be with it.
I said he kinda had a point.

I didn't reference viable and good as being interchangable.

I think your original answer was fine, I was just giving my 2 cents; and after a nap and re-reading that, I see that I initially misread it.