Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need 1.10 OS X 10.3 Editor

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by [email protected], Feb 3, 2004.

1. malakye3d@yahoo.com

[email protected] IncGamers Member

Need 1.10 OS X 10.3 Editor

heya
    im interested in experimenting with diff unusual builds, anyone know a savegame editor for osx 10.3 (panther) that will edit the 1.10 files? all i need is ability to edit level, skill points and ability points (with waypoints being appriciated, but not needed i guess)

thanks!

(if you wanna, just send me the file to the email address i created for this account, malakye3d-at-yahoo.com! thanks again)

2. malakye3d@yahoo.com

bump. is there really now char editors for 1.10 mac?
    can someone give me the name of a good 1.10 pc editor then?
    thanks!

3. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Do not artifically bump your posts. Read the rules. If nobody replies, either they didn't feel like it, or nobody knew.

4. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Why not just play the game?

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I take it this is for SP?

I'm not presently aware of any 1.10 compatable editors for mac (then again, I have little use for such things so I never look) but you can try a google search -- you may get some hits. Some of the ... less reputable forums might be able to answer your question more precisely if google turns up nothing. If you prefer to stay out of the evil hacking sites, try asking at the Phrozen Keep.

6. wind

wind IncGamers Member

It's like planning to buy a car, a major investment. People will go out and test drive the thing before they choose to actually buy it. Similiar for characters.

A person plans out a character, but rather than putting a whole bunch of hours into playing it, leveling it and find out in the end it's not what you thought. That player would be one disastified customer.

7. malakye3d@yahoo.com

thanks for the info ill check out the keep

yah this is for single player
    and yah, i built a BoS Polearm assy which fizzled out so I dont wanna make the same mistake twice trying to make an unusual character.

i assume it would be illegal for me to post a single-player character editor once I find it on these boards? (the intent being to help other ppl in my situation)

8. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Correct, you cannot link or otherwise post information on editors and such on this site; diabloii.net is a legit community.

I completely understand why you want to use one though, I used to test out wacky builds with one in 1.09. A good editor is a nice tool for such a purpose.
    I've been half-heartedly looking for one to try out some assassin/necro variants. If you find a nice one, PM me and let me know. Good luck to you.

:howdy:

9. isaiahryon

isaiahryon IncGamers Member

I was looking for a 10.3 Panther Char editor also.

Hmm if anybody found one or finds one please drop me an email. Otherwise Ill just mosy on my way.

10. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

You could always use an older editor to create the character in advance. Loading the character in 1.10 will convert it to 1.10 format.

You will lose the capacity to edit the character again, but at least you'll have one shot at building it and mucking around in Hell. If you're smart, you could create a bunch of level 99 templates with max unallocated stats and skills and go from there.

Getting equipment will be a bit harder, but there's always dropmod.

11. isaiahryon

12. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Just confirming that ATMA is not an editor but a muling program. I get enough emails from people asking how to edit with ATMA when the website clearly states that it cannot edit.

--T

13. isaiahryon

very true....

but.....

Isn't it interesting that the ATMA progam has a game edit menu where you can set such options as CHARACTER EDIT: "Experiance may be changed", "Level may be changed" and ITEM EDIT: "Ethereal status may be changed", "Number of sockets may be changed" etc.

Now just have to figure out how to enable such options...

14. Frenzied Bovine

You can't. The program has hooks for future editing capabilities, but as far as I know, they have not been coded and in all likelyhood never will be coded into ATMA.

15. Daemonaz

Isn't that what playing is about? Working your way through the game? Last time I checked you didn't start this game with a level 90+ character. I think the whole editor issue to test a character build is rediculous, but that's just me. it basically showed you have lost interest in the game, and the only way to keep it alive is by making your own personal god characters and see how they kill Mephisto over and over. Am I missing something? Is this the new way a game is being played?

16. Frenzied Bovine

Last time I checked, you didn't buy a car without reading the reviews on it and checking other people's opinions.

Most of the time people like to give the car a test drive, too.

Who are you to deny them their test drive of a build?

Sure, some people are going to take the easy route and build godly munchkins. But that's their perogative and the way they enjoy the game. If it doesn't impact upon you, who cares? The option should be there for people to give things a trial run, IMO.

17. Daemonaz

Comparing a car to a character in D2 is ridiculous, wouldn't you agree? What you are trying to say is the following:

Today I bought a new game it's called Diablo 3. The game features 15 different characters, but since I don't know what I get I want to try them out first. So far you are correct... but here is where it goes wrong...

Since I don't know how good they will be in the game, I want them to be level 90 right away because frankly that is the only way to know whether they are good or not. COMPLETELY bypassing the fact that you actually have to play to get to level 90.

Now let's look at this rediculous car statement:

Today I am going to buy a car. Since there's so many of them, I want to test drive them first. Since I can't know whether they will be good yet after 10 years of driving, I want it so that the car has already driven 10 years. You get the point?

EDIT: And yes I fully know this is single player and it doesn't effect me. I don't really care what people do in SP, it's their choice, but I still think the reasons behind it all are rediculous at worst and silly at best.

18. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I'm not sure you fully understand what is going on here since I wrote ATMA and know exactly what is in it.

--T