necromancer stat build

Matrixmann

Diabloii.Net Member
necromancer stat build

sup, im new at this game and i wanted to know whats a good build for necromancers statwise. any other tips for necromancer would be good. thanx all

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, check out the big stickied thread at the top of this forum for lots of useful guides and information.

After reading them and deciding on what build you'd like to make, there's a search function, also conveniently located at the top. When you use it, lots more information will come up.

Hope this helps.

Nimbostratus

Diabloii.Net Member
Same as for pretty much any character:
-Strength: Enough for equipment

-Dexterity: none or enough for max. block % (don't block unless you have a GOOD shield, which you probably won't have since you're just starting)

-Vitality: As much as possible

-Energy: none

Since you're new, I suggest you make a summoner, as they have very little difficulty and are by far one of the easiest builds. Look at the build guides sticky for more info. The only downside for a summoner is that it isn't really an "active" build, since you rely on the skeletons to do most of the work.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
Same as for pretty much any character:
-Strength: Enough for equipment

-Dexterity: none or enough for max. block % (don't block unless you have a GOOD shield, which you probably won't have since you're just starting)

-Vitality: As much as possible

-Energy: none

Since you're new, I suggest you make a summoner, as they have very little difficulty and are by far one of the easiest builds. Look at the build guides sticky for more info. The only downside for a summoner is that it isn't really an "active" build, since you rely on the skeletons to do most of the work.
Wouldn't say that, unless you play lazy style. I found myself Cursing, teleing, CEing, quite busy actually.

Nimbostratus

Diabloii.Net Member
Wouldn't say that, unless you play lazy style. I found myself Cursing, teleing, CEing, quite busy actually.
I know that summoners do indeed do things, as a summoner is now my main character in SP. It's just that my first experience with them seemed rather boring.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
I know that summoners do indeed do things, as a summoner is now my main character in SP. It's just that my first experience with them seemed rather boring.
Maybe summonrs does not fit your style of game play. Lots and lots of people love pally, i just think they are ugly.. but they are very powerful no doubt about that.
I enjoy to see the whole screen monster drop on my CE and love the idea i can safly tele around quickly kill stuff. It all about personal preferences, if you dislike the char of coz you find it boring :rolleyes:

Matrixmann

Diabloii.Net Member
thanx, i kinda figured it out in game too. lol this may be a stupid question but what is CEing?
EDIT:does it matter what kinda weapon necromancer uses?

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Strength
I put enough into str to hit about low 40s or so. Then when I have a med torch and an anni I will have about +30 str. Then when I add my enigma I add between 60 and 74 str depending on level). That's all you'll ever need.

Some people dont add ANY str, but they have far more patience than I.

Dexterity
I believe in block for all characters. Even my sorceresses have max block.
Put just enough dex after all projected equpip (in the end game) to hit max block. Tals belt and ravenfrost can add about 35, rare rings can add a bunch more. It all comes down to how patient you are. I try to max block around level 70 with stats and then assume I will get equipment someday to cover any differences that arise from leveling.

Vitality
Everything else. But if you make a mistake here, dont worry about it.

My first necro used like 80-100 str pts, 125 dex pts and still was untouchable as a mfer. Died once every 3 weeks at best.

You really cannot screw this up. The only time to worry about it hardcore is on your SECOND fishy you build next ladder. And then only if you're a manic min/maxer.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
If your poor and scrounging for gear, then follow what others have said and put...

Stength: Enough for Gear
Dexterity: None or enough for max block
Vitality: All the rest
Energy: None to 75 MAX, 75 if your really hitting the mana pots and need a solution without good gear.

Now, if you decide to play a summoner and have a rich friend who gives you all the gear.... then your stats could look like this

Strength: Base (items will take it from there)
Dexterity: Base (Items will give you what you need)
Vitality: All
Energy: None

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
Weapon...If you are a pure summoner you will definately want an AoKL (arm of king leoric) it has lot's of +summoning skills and other skill bonuses...otherwise just get a wand with +3 skellies & +3 Skellie MAstery. But if you are a commandomancer (summoner who also fights the mosters themselves) you will probably want a high damage weapon or 'Beast' runeword for the handy fanaticism aura...