Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necromancer Skeleton Damage

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Josko, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Josko

Josko IncGamers Member

Hi, I recently started to use this diablo 2 pet calculator:

http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~gottwald/necro_pet_calculator.html

And found out, that my skeletons get more damage if I use Arm of King Leoric rather than using Beast's level 9 Fanatism aura.

level 46 raise skeleton and level 48 skeleton mastery + level 15 Might Aura ( Level 75 Merc )

1202 - 1208 DPS with Arm of King Leoric Wand + 2 more skeletons (17 Skeletons) but 18 attack frame

Level 41 raise skeleton and level 43 skeleton mastery + level 15 Might Aura ( Level 75 Merc )

1131 - 1137 DPS With Beast level 9 Fana -2 skeletons (15 Skeletons ) but 14 attack frame ( Faster )

Is this right or am I doing something wrong?

If this is right, it's great news! It means I get to play with more skeletons AND get a little more damage!

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Why not summon with AoKL and then swap it for beast after summoning is done?
    (provided you can stand taking an extra trip to town)

At any rate, the reason why auras don't help skeletons very much, is because the %ED from the skill raise skeleton is added with the aura damage (doesn't count as "base damage") and they have a 15 frame cooldown after attacking, so IAS from fanaticism doesn't help them as much as one would think.