Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro Weapons

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Trapp, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Trapp

Trapp IncGamers Member

Necro Weapons

Ive found quite a few Necro weapons the past two days. Spineripper, Fleshripper x2, Blackbogs. Now I can see that these all go well with poisonmancers and I plan on using them all one day.

One other weapon I found was Grim's Burning Dead Scythe (It has +3 to all Necro skills). Is this even a good weapon? I'm still learning the game but the thought of using it has crossed my mind. I havent seen any Necros using 2-handed weapons and style should count for something. If anyone has any advice or wants to bring me back to reality Ill check back in the morning.

2. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

I don't think many people use these items seeing as they've never been in high demand or worth alot. But do whatever you want, using items that aren't considered in the 'norm' is always fun.

As for style...I agree there really isn't anything secsier then a necro with a scythe ;).

3. Tinfoot

Tinfoot IncGamers Member

I TOTALLY agree! :drool:

I've been dreaming about a playing Necro with a Scythe since I started beginning of last year... but never really got to it due to my tendency to build Necs with minimal str/base dex :rolleyes:

Hmmm, tell truth tho... Now that I am considering it.... I think my next HC Golemancer will be a "Scythe Wielding Monstah Killah" LOL

:bonk:

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I've seen a few...though it's not often. But, if I manage to find one...I would make another Necro just to use it.

HoS

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Now that you can upgrade it on ladder it could become an interesting weapon. Use Poison Dagger bug for lots of AR and max Bone Armor + synerygs. Throw in some Decrep and a Clay Golem and you have a great melee necro.

Could also be used in a low budget take on the Commando, becoming a Necro that attack along with his minions and not a lag inducing, BM, tripped out mofo

6. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Well you could make a great Jack the Ripper build with fleshripper and blackbogs on weapon switch :) Get yourself an HF merc for tanking and slowing, pump poison dagger, poi splosion, poi nova, some lower resist, clay golem for more slow goodness and it should be funs. Flesh has some real tasty mods like slow, open wounds, deadly strike , crushing blow, 50% target def etc etc. Throw on Siggards for more slow and life steal, ias. Max blocking, soften up with lower resist and nova with blackbogs, weapon switch to fleshripper and clean up :) For more slow goodness, go with kelpie snare on merc.

Well so I just repeated a daggermancer build lol. But you can really work this build if you put some time and imagination to it. For example use Vampgaze for a helm etc etc.

7. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Heh, Blackbog's Sharp is an excellent weapon for a poisonmancer who is not wealthy/lucky enough to have a Death's Web yet. It's +skills are quite massive, so it's as good as any wand (poisonmancers doesn't fuzz about FCR as much as other casters). It's melee mods also make it an acceptable daggermancer weapon.

Fleshripper: This is THE daggermancer weapon. Your poison is usually fine enough already so this one gives you all those other melee mods you've been thirsting for.

Just look at it: Had these mods been on another type of weapon it would have been beyond godly.

Grim's Burning Dead is more of a "variant" weapon. Most meleemancers would rather have their shield.

8. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

hos, your 'tar is the best I've seen on these forums. EVER. Don't change that, please..... my god do I love that movie.

ok, back to topic...

grims burning dead! it's a cool-lookin weapon, and the +skills on it are ok but it does pale in comparison to higher-end necro wands with a good necro shield. But man, do necros look ever-so-cool with a scythe. I'd say use it for style points :cool:

--faty