Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

necro vs wind druid

Discussion in 'PvP' started by luckyinfil, Mar 26, 2005.

1. luckyinfil

luckyinfil IncGamers Member

necro vs wind druid

i'm having troubles with this matchup. all the other matchups are easy and i can handle them but this one i can't seem to win. Against a telewinddruid, i just can find a way to win. If i tele and teeth, it doesnt' do enough damage and they tele on top of me and nado me eventually. I've tried bone spear but it never seems to hit because of the summon stack.

My gear consists of wizzy, shako, spirit magefists arack, soj, raven, marrows and maras. I hit for 5.1k spirit and 4.8k spear and 1.2k teeth. I hit the 125% fcr bp and i have 90 fhr.

I need advice on how i can duel these cheapos :D

2. TheGreatDivorce

TheGreatDivorce IncGamers Member

You cast at 9 frames while Druids cast at 10-11 frames, you have a faster teleport, a faster attack, a wider radius of attack then the Druid; use that to your advantage. Never stay in the same screen as the Druid or he'll namelock you, never stop moving or he'll namelock you, never use Bone Spirit as it won't hit him. All you got to do is teleport, spear, teleport, spear aiming at his Oak while he charges at you and aiming at him when his Oak is gone. Don't let him out of your site however, when you see him recasting his Bear (since no Druid will use Wolves against a Necro) go after him and spear, he'll most likely not be able to teleport away in time. If you really want to, Cham your Shako, when you're not frozen you can actually walk away from his Tornados' (which are easy to avoid using r/w anyways) and Hurricane if it doesn't stun you. Getting cold resists is not a bad idea either since most Druids have 2.5 or so Hurricane damage which can easily take out a Necro just be teleporting on top of him. Just whatever you do, don't stop moving and if you do, you better have good eyes and good reflexes because usually if he's on you; you're dead.

3. luckyinfil

spear is quite hard for me to hit with, how can i practice aiming? i've tried using a shrine as an aiming thing while i'm teleporting but aiming with spear is hard

4. FoBBy(OD)

FoBBy(OD) IncGamers Member

either get good at aiming or good at namelocking. ur choice. try practicing 1v1 vs moving targets.

5. luckyinfil

i always stay a screen away from wind druids so that means i wouldn't be able to name lock. ALso any tips on predicting where they druid is going? If i tele and shoot where they were, by the time spear reaches that position they are at another location

6. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

I play both windy and bone necro and as a bone necro i find it incredibley hard to spear the wind druid, good ones plan to teleport on u, freeze you so you're stunned and then tornado you until you die -_- you have to tele extremely fast to confuse the druid and have good aim with spear to kill the druid... But i'm not so good with bone necros so i go defensive with teeth.

A better solution would be just make a wind druid ^-^ they own all.. cept for awesome barbs ^-^

7. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

trappers and lightning sorcs are the most painfull for wind druids :)

8. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

Erm i've never lost to a lightning sorc - -;; i have met awesomely good ones though... Trappers? 4xLo shield ^-^

9. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

then you havent met a good one i guess, cause their damage can be so high it can pierce the cyclone armor, and 4 x Lo shield is beyond my wealth^^

10. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

a good druid will beat a necro almost all the time.

Here is a good strat that might work

When he comes near Teeth him and his oak, when u see it gone try to tele in quickly and spear him to death. if he chases just use teeth, chip his life away

11. Cyberwaste

Cyberwaste IncGamers Member

Well, I'm assuming your talking about ladder since you included "spirit" in your setup. I play a wind druid and I've only ever lost to but 1-2 bone necs I have ever played and thats because on Non-ladder they play using 08 valk's. Therefore hitting a VERY high fcr bp and fhr bp would be my only advice for you to win. I.e 2x Fcr Rings and a fcr circ if you can afford. Otherwise I think your dead in the water. :( (Thats my opinion, I don't play a necro)

12. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

Actually i have met good ones.. They're easy to dodge, and once u tele on them they're dead..

13. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

i met a few lightning sorcs in pubs yesterday, and i agree with you they are easy to kill, but let me put it this way, if you dont have absorb and stacked resist they can also easily toast you, but i think wind druids have a bigger advantage over them, so i 100% agree with you

14. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Why is that? I find 5 wolves extremely useful vs necs (and most other chars). Bears die as easy as wolves, I find 5 meatshields more useful than one.

15. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

I can see you have maxed the bone spirit synergies together with marrow gives about 82 skill points which is lvl 71 ^^ what else have you invested skill points in? I can imagine curses, but no summons?

16. dys0r

dys0r IncGamers Member

Windies >>>> necs.

That's all there is to it. A bone nec might, at best, beat a decent windy, but at the high levels, there's just no chance for a bone nec (even with good dr and cbf mod) to win.

- Terry

17. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

i find it funny that necros complain about other classes being cheap since they are considered the king of cheapness in 1.10.

A good druid that knows what he's doing will beat any necro and i have proven it again, again and again. However, 99.99% of windies are far from unbeatable. If you can aim well just spear them to death, or teeth until their wolves and oak are gone then spear lock them. When they tele on you and if you have cannot be frozen you can simply walk south and spear up.

18. PlasmaDragon

ya because 99% of people who choose to play necs because they are too lazy to aim and just wanna spam and get kills. It's not hard just start practicing against people or monsters. I find tele locking blacksouls to be good practice. kill them before they kill you. And don't be afraid to die in pubs just don't carry 3 mil gold with you.

19. PlasmaDragon

yes if you play defensively with wolves you will almost never get hit. But i try to give a necros a chance and use bear so i don't have to tele 305981305810 screens away to recast my wolves.

Also staying off screen won't help a necro since a druid can just recast all he wants. THe best way is to weaken or kill their summons then start going on the offensive and chase after them.

20. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

I doubt that will work. It's a bit hard to move when you're in hitrecovery, which you get easily due to wolves+ravens+tornado. Besides, the druid can just tele on top again as soon as you move.