Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

necro vs godly zon hybid

Discussion in 'PvP' started by paul leung, May 22, 2008.

1. paul leung

paul leung IncGamers Member

necro vs godly zon hybid

I meet a bowzon in pubby,us west ladder.she had 134 frw with 6000k ga damage and able to switch to java skill when need.She use ps sc too and kb gloves.I find that impossible for me to even put a hit on her and she is also skillful.It is like she can host every one in game and still manage to beat every 1 at the same time more or less.Any idea to vs a godly zon?
    I am a max-block bonemancer with decrp curse.

2. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Re: necro vs godly zon hybid

It sounds like you are having difficulty using the Nec. You should have a pretty big advantage, especially in Hell. Always keep Golem up. Spamming Teeth in between Teeth helps a lot. If your Golem is down and she is good at sidestepping spears, get out of range, recast golem, and attack from another angle.

3. Xombie

Xombie IncGamers Member

if you're max block just prison once and jump on top and spear lol

theres no way you can lose with max block

4. paul leung

for some reson, the zon kill me just a few ga/ms. I actually try both the methods .
    whenever i tele jump,she change to jab and jab me to death.her ga is actually destory my boneamouor with 1 shot only.I knew that my life is low due to the low lifer i got,but really it doesn't much effort from her to kill me(lvl 93)(in fact ,all the rest in the duel room as well,bvc,trapper etc)
    She did show me some gear she got:helm: 120 45 with build in 2 zon skill 30 frw
    fort,war trav, gmb faith, highlord, ias/kb/str/dex gloves
    on switch:eth titian ,shield 160 60 ***. of relection
    what i didn't put down,i have forgot.
    she also use fine vita sc,ps sc (5k) she said if want to
    when i circle/tele in she random ly ms/ga,and kb me. when ever i retreat,she is always beside me after i tele away like 2/3 screen. She is lvl95.
    So what shall i do?
    most of zonsi got no problem with.just this one.

5. saellison

saellison IncGamers Member

If she isn't a tele hybrid I don't see how there should be any difference between this zon and another zon. Maybe she is killing you with CS/fury on her jav switch?

6. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

wow 160/60 in a shield... never thought of that. Zons have high enough dex to hit max block with anything... but not having the SS lowers Dr... is the damage worth it?

7. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

check the zon guide i linked you a while ago. the listed MB faith build uses a 160/60 (might be 120/45 + ber) of deflecting to keep up 7fpa jav throw and 4.5fpa jav.

8. paul leung

she is not killing me with cs/fury for sure,ms and GA shoot through bone wall .
    somehow she perdict where i was coming from,whenever i try get close with tele,i end up like 6/7 ga and spamming ms after me.
    to nickalisk:dr on ss doesn't work on bonemaner because we can only deal magic damage.Beside ,zon have dodge skill,she told me her life is 2.8k without bo.for god sake my necro only hit 2.2 AFTER bo.Even with godly lifer,I don't think max-block necro can reach that high life.
    it only take 1 ga to finsih my bone amour and another 2 ga +ms to finsih me.
    Some one said in game she rank within top 10 on zon ladder us west. her name is
    vt_(something)

9. paul leung

tienJe:i read your guide.her gear is very much like what you suggested.Is it you on west-ladder?Only that she is use fort/gmb faith
    Since you know so much about zon,any suggestions for me how to deal with such zon?
    i notice that her resist is on low side,but really there is point to bring in a auradin or something alike.
    My necro is follow build from the max-block necro guide only without some of good lifers and godly rare circlet/rings

10. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

Isnt a 90/30?That or she sacrified a frame on bow attacks(7 only with 95ias for gmb).
    HellPlayer

11. paul leung

i am sure there are 3 jewles inside

12. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

If is 3 jewells and 120/45 then isnt possible to have the 2 zon skills mod(socket mod and skill mod are prefixes).Most common for duelists are 3os/30frw hats with the 40/15 jewells.
    HellPlayer

13. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

just get decrp on her or flash holy freeze on her. How good she is, heavy slow kills every zon build that way.
    Slow attack, no way to run away and slow block.

Just teleport around until you get decrp then close in for the kill. And keep golem up do distract arrow.

Hahaha, now where are all those duellers saying that bowazon are a weak build.

[edit]
    minion stack? Should keep most of the ga away from you and give you some more protection against her jabs.

14. paul leung

I have tried already,doesn't work.
    before i meet this zon,my necro have easy time most of zon out there even my skill is suck.But after a few duels and see the no. of players in room team up against her,still mangae to won,it really chnage my mind about zon.
    well ,i suppose a auradin (stack) can kill her easy,but that is bm

15. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

my serious advice:

practise playing necro and it's also possible that your gear sucks. try to improve it if this is the case.

zons are not that bad if the player knows how to use it but I dare to claim that pretty much every of the commonly used ''cookie cutter builds" like barbs, hdins, smiters, trappers, wwsins, windies, bone necros etcetc got very good chances against zons if both players are equally skillful at playing their char and are more or less equally equipped.
    dont overrate zons only because this one cleared a pub game. they have high damage and dodge skills (and vita zons can also have good amounts of HP), however their lack of really raw damage in close combat and/or stunning abilities combined with their lack of mobility due to not having teleport means that good players can kill the vast majority of all bowzons fairly easily.
    a zon requires top gear and a top player to be a challenge.

16. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Have you noticed that all seven of you went in the offensive against that amazon? Perhaps trying to play defensive is the way to go. As said, when you come to close, she will jab you to dead. If you use spirit/spear she will out run them. Though what if she runes towards you?

P.S. I don't get how you can claim amazon to be low on mobility. Fine they can't teleport though having up to 150 frw is often enough. It's not like every character lost against sorcerer in the pre-enigma time.

17. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

I probably missed it but what shield do you use?
    I never had problems vs bowas, on d2pk max block nec kills that all the time, I have even dueld ones that slow missile me, then I decrep them and I still win.
    My set up was max block and dr with storm shield.

18. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

it's not like sorcs had synergies in pre-enigma time :wink3:

zons run fast, yes. however, any teleporting character with a bit fcr got more mobility than a zon as a matter of fact.
    maxblock necro should not lose to zons if played and geared correctly. my point of view.

ps. fast offensive stomps if the way to go imho.

19. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Defensive against a zon?

Please dont say that again.

20. Timmy

Timmy IncGamers Member

That would be nice if bone necs played defensive lol, you get shoot apart from multi. The only max block bone necs that can beat a bowazon are those that teleport on top of me with gumby and decrypfy which is really lame. Yet still bone necs still can loose from a 2fpa strafe or jab if they do that.