Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro Troubles

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bonifar, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Bonifar

Bonifar IncGamers Member

Necro Troubles

Well I heard that Diablo had been patched from the old 1.09 build to the new 1.10 so I just *had* to try it out with my favorite class... the necro.

I made a nice little necro named "Bonifar" on USEast ( not on ladder ) and started rocking with the new skeletons! So I finally got him to level 66 with the max RS and SM, 1 point in most curses, 1 point in all poison nova pre-reqs and an almost maxed poison nova... well im doing absolutely horrible in Hell!

My equipment may be the source of my frustration since the only decent items I have are a rare +2 skills wand and rare +2 skills trophy... so overall I have +4 skills and my resists are like -40! ugh

Anyway do you guys think my build is viable for hell?

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Main problem it sounds like, is that your trying to kill with PN and your not doing enough damage. And that would be because both of the other ones need to be increased(though should be maxxed) in order to do the poison damage needed for you.

With maxxed poison skills, you will own nm with ease...and most of hell (also depending on your equipment) as well.

HoSv1

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

A major problem with you being in Hell with bad equipment is your level. Your skeletons are created with the same level as you and they are not going to hit often enough to kill fast. If you level up in Nightmare so they are higher level than the monsters (and your Merc gains levels = better aura) you will be able to kill faster.

Obviously getting better equipment with more + skills and resists has to be a high priority. You should be able to get a +1 or + 2 on a helmet / circlet and either a +1 all skills or a +2 (or +3 ) to summoning or poison on an amulet.

You can complete Hell with 20 RS / 20 SM skeletons but a few more + skills and a higher level will make it much easier.

Good Luck... you just might need it ;)

4. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

bonifar

welcome to the necro commu.

I am also following the same path as you are, I have skelly at level 19, and SM at lower level of 12 at the moment I am level 65.

skelly at this level does not last long in hell, luckily I have arm Leoric that absolute ace for skellys. I can deal with act 1 hell without problem so far. I have invested large amount into Poison Dagger and maxed Nova already. I also have 4 piece trang. that helps when it is non boss. Nova damage is about 1.3, 1.4K max, which is like good bone spear. That said when facing boss skelly are horrible.

For boss I gathered malice rune, and a fang knife and did a super assasin poison dagger, I thought that would take care on bosses, it did a ok job but killing with that take time. With level 15/16 PD and trang glove It is doing about 3.3K max damage at the moment, which compare to Marrow walk max BS 4K, is actually ok considering there is still PD and PE to max out.

On that note, recently I have been experimenting with Passion rune word, now I put that in a staff which is cool (150% undead damage) apart from the fact that there is no block. So I will redo my passion and make it into a phase blade (notice that the speed is -30), also get a shield to have max block.

The plan is when it is non boss, arm king leoric with trang head, poison nova / trang fire. For bosses, drop leoric and use malice, poison dagger. Have passion phase blade and resist high block shield on switch. Stab with malice and then use passion to hit.

I have might merc, with regen and leech gear at the moment, but will change to the popular CB build.

5. BleedBlack

BleedBlack Banned

I'm lvl 48 and in nm. I have lvl 31 raise skeletons with +skills and lvl 22 skeleton mastery with +skills (still in process of maxing). With my merc and amp dmg my skeletons own pretty hard in nightmare, so I was hoping they'd do the same in hell, but now you guys have all scared me...:(

I'm using:

Helm: Peasent Crown
    Armor: Skin of the Viper Magi
    Gloves: Trangs
    Boots: Silkweaves
    Ring1: Mf ring
    Ring2: +mana
    Ammy: +3 summoning
    Wand: Arm of King Leoric
    Shield:homunculus

6. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

If you planned on going with a Venomancer Hybrid(like everyone else so it seems) then after you put the 1 point into Skeleton Mastery and get Skeletons finished(along with getting your Gumby and curses at their levels)...you should be focusing on maxxing all 3 poison skills...then finish Skeleton Mastery afterwards.

With PN and your synergies, you will own nm really easy and will do ok in hell also(though at 66 I had a Death's Web)...Skeletons will do fine in hell... mine do.

HoSv1

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Do you have the right Merc for your Skellies? Are you using the correct curse? That would make a lot of difference.