Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

necro stop summon or no invite next game!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by HYKO, Oct 17, 2006.

1. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

necro stop summon or no invite next game!!

lol i get this 8 out of 10 baal/chaos game i join.......
    strange it's doens't lag on my comp
    and i tele every sec to gather my minions so they dun fill up the screen.
    i really dun understand y ppl still complaining...
    maybe nexttime i should put extra 19 revivies up to really piss them off :wink2:

2. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

from time to time these thread comes up in this board, the answer that I would give remain the same:

1 summon full army skelly magi revives
    2 build bone wall around the screen
    3 cast poison nova!
    4 tell those who complain to get boardband!!

3. DaemonAkuma

DaemonAkuma IncGamers Member

Yup!

What I really enjoy is agreeing, and then whenever someone dies saying: "Now wouldn't it have been so much better with 30 more allies to protect you?" I have yet to recieve a response for that, probably because there isn't one.
    People complain who have low-performance computers and connections. Once for giggles I made a game and said that no sorcies could cast meteor; it caused too much lag. Needless to say, the response was a little different than when someone says "no summons"

Personally I'm more than happy to not-summon. I just make a gumby as a bodyguard of sorts. Then, when everyone is so busy casting spells and fighting, I hold down Alt and grab any rares, charms, and ammies that drop. The funny thing is most people never knew any of the drops ever happened :jig:

4. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

think i will choose number 2 lol

ppl just duno how powerful skellies are....
    my skelly each do 650 damage
    with infinity + might + amp
    literally everything is a joke.. hell baal no exception
    above all, necro r so damn fun to play with!! still my fav :prop:

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

I have more problems with MP'er over-writing my curses. One more merc weapon with decrep and I might just scream.

6. Spikemang

Spikemang IncGamers Member

I'd rather just stand there, cast curses, use CE, and let them wonder what kind of necro I am....if they ask, I'll say, "I'm a good one." :D

7. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Simply ignore these kind of jerks... summons do increase lag and D2's crappy netcode isn't actually helping in this case, but it's not even close to uber lag these people are whining about. If I can mp with necro with my 56k dial-up then I don't see how the hell it could bother someone with faster connection.

Decrep isn't that bad, life tap from drac's is more annoying IMO.

8. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If it lags them then don't do it? You are simply baaling, trying to get levels. I don't see any point in summoning unless they can't kill or cannot tank without your skellys.

It helps you and them since games speed up a lot. I usually don't summon or ask if they need summons in baal games.

9. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

hehe.. wats the fun of that?
    if there has to be so much rules about the game, y bother?
    "dun summon!!"
    "dun pick my drops, out of star"

it's a game after all...
    and if i constantly tele to regroup my army y should there be a problem to lag the srceen?
    i only dun summon on those really fast games coz they r good enough
    where as for some games, ppl die alot.
    but they still dun appriecitate it when i am tryin' to protect them
    think ppl might not know how strong skelly is after the patch.

10. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

yes life tap is very annoyin. aspecitially when i am killin baal. :starry:

11. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

i don't think ppl would have as much of a problem if bnetters asked nicely. it's the 'noob necro unsummon kk thnx gg!' attitude. or right when you come in the game, and they don't even know what type of necro you are, it's 'no summons necro'. it depends how much it lags them too i guess. i mean it's kinda confusing that every other person in the throne room can spam meteors, hammers, nova, etc. and nobody complains until 'omg necr0 l4g' comes in:undecided:

12. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

may be all these summon interfer with their bots and make them confuse.

13. yalthar

yalthar IncGamers Member

What really causes the lag in baal runs is too low memory on your computer, because all of those sprites for effects must be loaded.
    Old computers in baal-runs: bad.

14. Phesto

Phesto IncGamers Member

I don't play summoners of any kind, but I'm pretty sure stacking summons would cause the game to lag more. I've come to this conclusion simply because the stacking (or more specifically, the unstacking) of units in other sprite-based games generally causes a significant amount of lag, particularly in "big" games such as those in a multiplayer setting. I think this has something to do with the "unnatural" movement that occurs when a group of units (especially a large group) is forced to re-sort itself.

15. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

i really duno,
    i just thought if i spread them across the screen, it would cause screen lag
    i dun think it would really cause "connection lag" since now days internet runs pretty fast.
    the only reason i think of is with pentium 3 ,tnt2 computers
    that they proably wouldn't be able to handle the mass infomation when the screen is filled with minions.
    but i dun hv a computer that old so i really can't test this out.
    anyway, i still meet some cool ppl that they actually appriciate the army.
    "they keep me away from dying, and i dun hv to ww "
    "skellies r cute":prop:

ps. u should try summoner out, they r the fastest killing necro no doubt about that.

16. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

The reason it causes "lag" is because each frame the entire screen repaints itself. Thus, if you have 60 Minions all on top of one another, it paints the one farthest back, then the next, then the next, so on and so forth until they're all displayed. So in reality, the "lag" isn't truly "lag". It's a low FPS rate caused by slow graphics. In general, your Graphics card and your Internet latency cause low FPS, NOT your internet connection speed. You can have a really fast internet, but if the signal has to go through 4 routers before going to your computer, it's gonna cause your FPS to suffer.

Also, generally you shouldn't summon unless there is no one capable of killing the stuff on the screen. That's what I do. What really gets me is when the guy that's killing stuff goes to town for minutes at a time, then comes back and gets pissed because I have summons up to protect my weak little necro from the scary monters. They say, "I kill, noob, unsummon." and I reply, "You were just in town for three minutes while I cleared the damn throne, idiot."

And then they unparty me...for doing their work for them...and then I hang around and chuckle as Lister kills the level 92 Hammerdin and clears the throne room. That's my cue to say, "Boy, don't you wish you had some summons tanking right about now?". Then I chuckle and leave.

17. SoM

SoM IncGamers Member

i just love when people whine and nag at me about my skeles and i have just remade my nec and only have 13 skeles and still they nag..

i dont know whats these peoples problem is, but i havent lagged even when i played on a Celeron 466 with a voodoo3 2000, sure the Glide API was awesome compared to D3D but if you lag these days then its time to move outta moms/pops basement and get rid of that 286 lol

good times those whiners

18. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Dude, no one can prevent some lag. B.net just happens to be a large pile of feces, and produces lag at all times of day. I am running a very fast connection, with a made-for-gaming graphics card, and I still lag. Unless I buy a T1 connection and an nVidia 7800X, it's not gonna get any better.

That being said, my summoners have never used enigmas, so they have never had good defense. I always leave a small contingent around me to be a meat shield, and if people don't like it, too bad.

19. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

The cure to idiots who complain about summoning
    1. Go to Town
    2. Hostile All
    3. Tele to Throne
    4. CE all Corpses
    5. Watch Them Die

20. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Yep the CE trick still da best. :D