Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro skeletons head and necroskeletons

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Darkshamangarrosh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Darkshamangarrosh

Darkshamangarrosh IncGamers Member

-Is it possible to roll a 2 summoning 3Raise skeleton /3 skeleton mastery head through Charsi or 6x Pskulls? Or 2 summon 3 RS/1+ Summon resist?

-What does 15 frame AI delay in all difficulty levels lengthens the interval between consecutive attacks mean? Does this means all pets wait 15 frames between each attack? Would this mean that fanaticism aura has minimal effect then? By how many frames would lvl 9 fanaticism aura reduce this delay? What about lvl 15 fanaticism?

- What does ...Skeletons, when created, have a 5% chance to spawn with a shield. This shield functions to allow the skeleton to block, although skeletons only have a 3% chance to block mean? Everytime I summon skeletons they have shields....why does it say 5%? Even on Arreat Summit?

I looked at this thread but i do not understand http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/necro-skeletons-block.412523/ unfortuantely.. And I cannot pull this RTB thread....

2. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

Totems can not be gambled in the Expansion, they must be found.
    All Necromancer Totems may have +1-3 points in up to 3 individual skills from any of his skill trees.
    The hue and color of base items in Diablo II can vary greatly, depending on the item's modifiers.

3. Darkshamangarrosh

I meant through Charsi Imbue

4. Southpaw8668

Southpaw8668 IncGamers Member

Same rules apply with the skill potential and the higher the qlvl of the totem and clvl of hero when totem is imbued would net the best possible results.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, it's all possible, but it needs particular approaches.

A word in advance: Pretty much ever process that changes the item level will reroll the staffmods (I'm not aware of an exception), so getting an item with matching staffmods and then cubing/imbuing it won't lead to the expected result.

Raise skeleton and skeleton mastery are tier 1 skills which means that the item level must be as low as possible. Beyond a certain ilvl (25 or so) it's impossible to roll them up and the best chance is perhaps at ilvl 1-6. Somewhere in the statistics forum and probably in the wiki as well, there's a list with staffmod tiers and a table which describes at which item level which tiers are possible at which probababilities.

Affixes don't depend on item level, but on the affix level. To my knowledge, wands undergo a simplified affix level calculation (because their magic level is non-zero which is: If ilvl<qlvl then alvl=qlvl+1 else alvl=ilvl+1 (the +1 comes from the magic level which is 1 for wands). To my knowledge, necro heads do not have a non-zero magic level (only wends, staffs andscepter type items do, as well as circlets etc. if I'm not mistaken), so their affix level calculation is a bit more complicated.

That means, you need a wand with a low item level, but with a qlvl of a value which allows the generation of the +2 skilltree mod and posibly as few higher-level mods as possible.

Imbuing produces an item with an itel level of charlevel+4. The pskulls recipe changes the item level to old value*0.4 + charlevel*0.4, so repeated use with the same character makes it settle at 2/3* charlevel.

The chipped gem recipe produces magical ilvl 25 items, but it only works on weapons and not on necro skulls with new staffmods. The one with flawless gems (or normal gems?) produces ilvl 30 items, with new staffmods as well. Rerolling with perfect gems works on all magical items and doesn't change the item level, so staffmods might be retained, but I'm bnot sure.

If you just want a nonmagical +3RS/+3SM wand, put gold on a L1 character and buy one from Malah. It might need a hundred visits or two, however. Getting a necro skull is a bit tougher because you can neither gamble nor buy one.

Summon resist is a tier 4 skill. Tiers from different staffmods cannot be further apart from each other than that and in that case, each tier a chance of just 10% of occurring and then you still need the right skills from these tiers. On top of that, you want the staffmod to be +3 (at which imbuing might offer higher a chance). With other words, having summon resist in addition is very, very rare.

In total, it's probably more efficient to gather an Arm of King Leoric which beats perhaps 99.99% of all rare and magical summoning wands.

It meansthat skeletons wait for 15 frames between attacks. Fanaticism won't reduce that delay. The attack itself is being sped up, however, and the skeletons receive the damage bonus.

To fix old links to threads, you have to add its thread number (308503 for RTB's thread provided by Orphan) into the current thread url format like this:

http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/308503

It will change into http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/short-q-help-appreciated.308503/ automatically.

Orphan wrote that only skeletons with kite shields have a block chance, so I guess that the chance to have a kite shield is 5% which offers a 3% block chance while there's no block chance with any other shield or no shield at all. Anyway, even if all skeletons had a 3% block chance (we had a couple of patches since he made his posting), it wouldn't be much of a difference.

Edit: More precision.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. Darkshamangarrosh

Ty krischan just the answer I was looking for