Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro Shopping List

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vile Phoenix, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Vile Phoenix

Vile Phoenix IncGamers Member

Necro Shopping List

Hello SPF's!!!!

I have a list of things I would love for my necro. I have been playing since DII came out but I shared my time between Everquest and DII. Now my wife has banned me from EQ and now I am full time DII.

Now I started all over with 1.10 and my necro is now a 70 Champion and I would like to start filling out his gear with something better than magical and rares. Well the best thing I have is a peasant crown.....ick

Well, where is the best place to try and MF some of:

Trangs Set
    Shako
    Arm of King Leoric

Also I have about 38% MF which I know is horrible, so should I get a BP and Helm with socekts and fill it with Topaz's before I dream of seeing any of these?

Sorry I ran a little long and thanks in advance for your assistance.

PS I am a summonancer and I have been doing Baal runs and Mefisto(sp) runs. I know the Pit would be optimal but I am kind of slow with my current gear.

2. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I would dump your gear, and go full on 'cheap' MF if you can.

Try and get a 3 socketed heelm, and put in 3 p topazes

Do the same with your armour.

I'll have a fish around and see what I can come up with, no promises though as I am not sure what I have.

3. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Actually, meph and baal are probably better than the Pit for you as they have a much better drop rate, even with low MF. Keep running those two, eventually you'll find stuff.

4. Vile Phoenix

Ok thanks for the advice, I will go ahead and dump my gear and keep MFing the Brothers

I just liked keeping them around
    the peasant crown had a +1 skills and some other stuff and the Venom Ward armor for Poison Resistance. I will hold on to them for now in my stash, and get some socketing gear :clap:

I probably wouldn't be able to trade anything because I used moded version of DII to expancd my stash and cube because I tend to be a pack rat....hehe

Thank you very much for the offer though

5. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! :wave:

why use a mod when you can use the wonderful wonderful ATMA?
    If you don't know what ATMA is, its a muling program made by SPF member Hakai_No_Tenshi, you can find more info about ATMA at atma.diabloii.net

Anyways, have fun and good luck with your necro...

6. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

What level are you? I have a few socketed armors lying around somewhere. I have a three socket boneweave if you have enough strength.

7. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

I found the arm the other day running meph on Hell mode with my sorceress. She has about 400% mf I think. Shako I also found not too long ago on the areat plains or something like that with my lvl 82 paladin who wears around 0 mf, so that was just luck :) . Well, I also did clear the whole level (I was clearing from the bloody foothills on up on players 8, just to show those monsters I could. ;)

8. Vile Phoenix

Good call with the ATMA! I used it with my mod and it corrupted my characters, so I will just have to reinstall and download ATMA again. That would make my life alot easier :worship:

I am level 71 now with just over 50 MF. I found a helm with 2 sockets. I actually just found a boneweave but couldn't use it yet my strength is 110.

I am done for the evening, thanks again, and great to meet all of you. Time for me to :sleep:

9. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

You ought to be able to get some good low-level Necro gear (example: Ume's Lament Grim Wand, +2 Necro skills and +40 mana) by running Nightmare Andariel. She should be easy to kill at your level, and I think there's a bug in 1.10 which means she always does her first "uber" drop so long as you've spoken to the townsfolk after killing her. She obviously can't drop the sort of stuff you're REALLY looking for, but why run before you can walk?

10. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

Thats what I did. I got a 3 socket crown and a 4 socket Dusk shroud and gambled some MF boots and started MF'ing in The Pit. I found most of my gear there

11. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

I have been MF'ing for a while and and only have 2 pieces of Trangs set and don't have Leorics Arm. I have found a few Ume Lament Grim Wnds though.

12. Vile Phoenix

Good info thanks!

My game plan for today is taking out all the act bosses in Nightmare. My MF is up to 74 still sub par but better than nothing.

I also downloaded the newest ATMA and looked into the Drop Calculator and noticed that the brothers have a chance to drop the arm and some of the other things I have been looking for.

I will definatly hit the pit soon, but in Hell its very slow going with maxed skeletons and skele mastery with the might merc.

13. Siegfried

Siegfried IncGamers Member

Are you putting points in Corpse Explosion? If not you should, it is your main killing skill in hell.

14. Vile Phoenix

Yes at the moment my skill level is 13, so I let the skeletons take down the first one and start exploding the rest.

And I always use amp damage to start.

15. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

RIGHT ON.....same thing