Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Larrz, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Larrz

Larrz Diabloii.Net Member

Necro questions

Ok i know this has probably been in here before but i've got a necro going atm summoner/bone and i've made hell but cant go any further cause my gear doesnt allow me to survive. I'm wondering what gear you'd suggest i use and an average trade price for said items be it in Pgems or whatever else is used for trading nowdays.

2. minuses

minuses Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Necro questions

Hey welcome to the forum. Feel free to post on other topics, reply to others, and make your own topics. We are more than happy to see newcomers on the forum.

As for the necro, you just need to get items with +skills for more effective summons. As todays guides suggest to max out corpse explosion with skeles maxed out that would be the way to go. Best luck with your summoner.

3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

You should look through the guides in the Necro forum. Notably, Nightfish's Skelliemancer guide is very good.

As for finding items, you can run NM Meph repeatedly to get some decent items that will help you survive in hell. You can also clear out the later areas of NM repeatedly to get items. Keep an eye out for runes, charms, and wands/circlets/necro shields. The last few types can get +necro or + summon skills affixes.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

Well, how do you get killed? Swarmed by meleers, or shot by ranged attackers? How much life do you have?

In the wide open areas in Act I, it´s pretty easy to avoid getting hit at all. Most of the time, a Summon/Bone Necromancer shouldn´t be killed even if he´s naked.

A decently geared Mercenary can be a great help stopping monsters from getting to you.

Curses can also be a great help to take the heat off you. Dim Vision blinds monsters, Terror scares them off, Confuse/Attract makes them attack other monsters.

5. GoldenMonkeyPox

GoldenMonkeyPox Diabloii.Net Member

I'm fairly new to Diablo myself and thought I'd give a Necromancer a try after this latest reset. I've only played a couple of Amazons in the past, and let me tell you, a Necro is much, much easier once you get going. I just finished soloing Hell this weekend.

Here's a few things I've discovered in my travels:

1) White is an awesome and cheap rune word. Take a decent 2-socketed wand add a Dol and Io and you'll have yourself some crazy +skills. I found a 2-socket wand in Normal Act 1 and added the White runeword in Normal Act 5 and I still haven't found anything better. Since you shouldn't be meleeing anything (you're not meleeing anything, right?) looking for good +skills is way more important than damage on the wand. If you don't have Dol and Io, running Countess and should get you them eventually.

2) Try to get a 4 socketed polearm for your Merc and create the Insight rune word. Insight isn't the best of the best Merc rune word, but it's, again, pretty cheap. The mana restoration aura will let you spam Corpse Explosion like crazy. If you can get something with Crushing Blow for your Merc it'll be a huge help. I beat Baal without it, but it was a LONG fight.

3) Amplify damage on regular enemies, Decrepify on big bosses.

4) Bone Armor is your friend, but only for 1 point. The synergies add more damage absorption than points in the actual skill (that always struck me as weird). Anyway, 1 point in Bone Armor and 20 in Bone Wall.

6. PsycheNoob

PsycheNoob Diabloii.Net Member

So i've had summon nerco myself for a week now(just started ladder) and here are a few tips for you:

1)You are going to rely heavily on mercenary, because skellies without +skills won't kill very fast, so buff him up as fast as you can.
    Insight for a weapon, another alternative is Obedience, for armor -Smoke is nice and cheap, another a bit expensive one is Duress, i highly recommend that one, but remember do make your runewords(when using more expensive runes) in ethereal items, because they dont need to be repaired on a mercenary and give dmg and def bonuses.
    For cheap merc gear advice:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488619

2)A summon necro is a painfully slow boss killer without teleport equipment or +skills. I farmed act1 pit(Tamoe Highlands) for 2-3days to get the runes for summon GCs and an Etheral polearm. Act1 Pit is a lvl 85 area in which EVERY item in the game can drop, so it's a must for Skellimancer, whose main power lays in clearing areas with skellis and CE, plus the monsters there are much weaker than in the later act area lvl 85 areas, not to mention the bosses.
    Don't hope for extremely expensive drops too fast though, the pits are "in the long run" win for a character too weak to move on.

3)Best curses besides amp IMO:Confuse, Dim Vision(extremely useful against the archers and gloams), attract, decrepify(very good against act bosses or otherwise tough monsters,if your merc is weak). Consider maxing Dim vision, after u have skilled your core skills-gloams and ranged attackers are rendered useless with DV.

4) Use clay golem because he's like a mini decrepify-slows enemies down cosiderably. Atm On Diablo and Baal i use decrepify first, then after some blows i just use amp, because my skellies and merc are buffed up and clay golem has slowed them down. Revives and skeletal mages aren't as good as they seem. Melee revives will block your main killer(mercenary),which the skellies are already doing and their dmg output is mediocre. The only revives i might use are archers who do Physical dmg, because of the might aura of the act2 mercenary. Skeletal mages do elemental dmg, nuff said.

5)There you can request items for a necromancer, check it out:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155901

7. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

And don't forget to hire an offensive mercenary from act II nightmare. He has a might aura, that will let your skeletons kill so much much faster.

8. Sumsum

Sumsum Diabloii.Net Member

I would suggest you to pick up Bone Armor instead of the mega useless Revive. "Newbie" necromancers tends to waste their points on Revive. Its ****. ****. The monsters are retarded and uncontrollable and the damage is so low its crap.
    I once summoned 44 act 4 Chaos Sanctuary soldiers and it took them 10 sec to kill a Fallen, seriously. Pick one at least to revive Maulers to solo uber bosses/act bosses cause of Crushing Blow. Youll find them in Durance of hate sometimes, or in the Hell in act 4.

Its really better than you think, cause you can spam it. (Talking about Bone armor here, and i think i put 7 points on it, it really saved my life thousands of time!)

And put some points in Fire Golem to pick up some bodies(my fav to revive skeletons is act 2 lost city)

You wont have problems with survival anymore, cause your skeletons is a meat shield, just stay back and watch Youtube or something, while right clicking bone armor every 2 sec.

Works fine on my hell boss/mobs/pit farming necromancer. :)

9. Sumsum

Im using a act 3 fire merc.

Its like a freaking 1 % chance to active that aura on my merc while he hits mobs, its really annoying and crap(i swear i could run full games on him without having the aura on), and i rather pick up act 3 merc just for coolness. Sure, this merc does lots of damage still and helps revive bodies, but im fine with my fire merc+ fire golem, and my merc doesnt run into pack of mobs instantly, i havent ressed him once this year.

I know im wrong here, everyone wants their best nowadays, what happened to the unique and cool stuffs? Everyone is like OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH cool look a freaking fire merc from act 3, finally a Baalrun thats different!

And im like: Cool :afro:

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

And you could like, edit your posts to add information instead of creating new ones within a few minutes of each other.

11. ThomasJohnsen

Putting hard points in Bone Armor is a bad idea. Points are better spent placing them in synergies - but then again; guess I'm a newbie :wave:

12. Sumsum

Im just talking about a few points ofc.

Put those skills on other than revive, it stinks, well for me atleast.

And oh, i dont get why some peeps are so crazy about getting full synergies.

Missing 5 aint really gamebreaking is it? I mean you one shot the whole screen no mather what:)

13. SnickerSnack

You're missing his point. 5 points in Bone Armor makes a weaker armor than 1 point in Bone Armor and 4 points in synergies. If you want Bone Armor, just put one point in it first, and then put the rest in synergies.

14. ThomasJohnsen

I'd like to see your necro in action one shotting everything on screen in a hell game with a fire act III merc and a fire golem that has been prioritized. That would leave very few points for poison or bone spells, which again would mean, that you'd have to rely on merc or golem to make the first kill. And you are even talking about full games. That just isn't possible :scratchchin:.
    In fact I'm pretty sure, that a camp af fallen in act I hell will take quite a long time to finish off with your setup in an 8-player game. Without might, fanatism or another damage aura, your skeletons simply isn't doing enough damage. And depending on mages isn't exactly one-shotting everything on screen.
    And I don't doubt for a second you look cool with a "new" merc and an "unusual" golem, but arguing a necro built that way is in any way superior, is simply ignorancce.

15. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

If you do not have a skeleton build that can tank for you, Revives are amazing tanks for a low investment of skill points. In the Randomly Challenged tournament (in the single player forum - every skill point and stat point is placed at random with equal chance among all possible choices), I was very happy when my necro finally rolled Revive.

Revives are not there to deal damage. They are there to make your, your merc´s and your golem´s life easier.

16. Sumsum

ThomasJohnsen: Sorry about the confusion, i was talking about my poison nova necromancer. He pretty much one shots the whole screen if their not high resistance to poison like Venom Lords.

I need glasses i guess, the guy was going skeleton army+poison and bones.

I would suggest you to NOT go down to fire elemental, just max out skeleton army+mastery, and go down to poison nova. Your skeletons kills immune enemies very fast and you solo everything in an instant with the perfect gear.

I would suggest you to get full Trang oul first, its very cheap, goes for a pul i think, its worth 40 pgems? I might be wrong here. The Trang oul set turns you into a smexy vampire and allows you to cast fire spells so you can finish immune mobs even faster.

Dont worry about the sloooooow cast rate, poison nova isnt that good to spam right?D:

Just max out skeletons+mastery+poison nova+synergies and you will solo hell just fine, the act 4/5 bosses might be a pain. I was very tired yesterday, so i misread, sorry about that /saddogeyes

jiansonz: Picking a few points on Revive is good, but im warning ya all, dont pick all the points on it. It might be a semi good fleshwall, but man they disappear all the time, reaaaally annoying.

17. SnickerSnack

I suspect that Thomas knows what a poison necro is and is aware of Trang's set. :rolleyes:

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

/lol .

19. ThomasJohnsen

Wasn't the OP's question about a summon/bone necro?
    I assume this would mean a standard nightfish summoner utilizing the leftover skillpoints in bone-spear or bone-spirit. I have never claimed to know anything about a poison necromancer, nor thought that this discussion was about those. Nowhere does the OP state that he plans to build a Poison/summoner hybrid.

Mocking my answer (and a moderator too) I consider to be very rude, since I have played fishymancers on both hard- and softcore in exactly the variant described in the opening post. Both with beginner's gear, untwinked and with high-end gear, in multiplayer and private games. Claming that I know little about a poisonmancer is perfectly valid and perfectly true, but why that should prevent me from posting in this particular thread and be subjected to mockery?

I honestly don't see why you having played a different build/hybrid with high-end equipment should make your answers more valid than mine.

Regards Tom

20. SnickerSnack

?

I'm not mocking you at all. Sumsum seemed to be condescending to you, and I pointed out in earnest that you probably already know the basics of poisonmancers. The "rolleyes" was for him, not you.