Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

necro question

Discussion in 'Classic' started by LiquidCid, Oct 24, 2006.

1. LiquidCid

LiquidCid IncGamers Member

necro question

I remember old school necros going somthing like this...

Helm: wormskull
    Armor: silks
    Shield: sigons
    Gloves: frosties
    Boots: treads ?
    Belt: nightsmoke ?
    Wand: umes
    Rings: 2x sojs
    Ammy: 2+ skill, FCR, life/mana, resists ect.

Im assuming they were summoners but what was their backup skill? and how are CE + Amp / Blood golem + iron maiden necros built ?

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

I do indeed have a necro built like that, with the exception of his helm being a tarn if I remember correctly. And my necro's amu is a blue +2 with 10fc, nothing else. :)
    I haven't played with him since early 1.10, but I do recall the Iron Golem my necro uses wasn't as effective as back in 1.09
    My necro has level 32 Iron Golem and level 29 or so CE. Made for cowing, he was good at that, but it gets rather old rather fast(read: boring).
    There used to be a bug which allowed the blood golem to gain life when hit by a monster with IM on him, I vaguely recall that being fixed, which would make those kind of necro's far less effective(if this bug was really fixed and not a figment of my imagination).
    My necro does have magefists rather then frosties, cause magefists give +1 CE(technically +1 fire skills, but guess what corpse EXPLOSION is. :) ).
    Only necros I've made in 1.1x is a boner and a poisonmancer.
    CE + Amp is a good addition to a poison mancer.
    It would also work well with 1 point in CE and 1 in Amp for most necro's as a CS helping skill.
    Any(cept the skillpoint hungry ones like pvp boner) build can benifit from at least one point in revive. They just make a really good meatshield because they are not as thick in the head like for instance a valk or act 2 merc.
    Though you may wish to have a minion which you can just make without needing another corpse first. In that case a Golem would be a good option.
    Clay - Slows enemies if it is able to hit them. Doesn't do much damage.
    Blood - shares life with you, so if it gets beat up, you also lose a lot of life. You won't die when it dies though. Iirc it will also leech life for you when it hits monsters.
    Iron - Has Thorns aura. Damage returned depends on the level of Iron Golem. Will take on some simple modifiers of the item used to create him. If you, for instance, make him from a weapon with knockback, he will knock enemies back whenever he hits them.
    Fire - Has holy fire aura, damages anything within the range of that aura every 2 seconds. Does 100 Fire damage when made and 100 fire damage when destroyed/unsummoned. Also does fire damage when hitting monsters. Gets 'life' back when fire skills are used against it.(for instance, Venom Lords will recharge him in no time).
    Making a necro isn't that hard unless you are really going for a build that requires a lot of skillpoints(like a pvp boner). And even then it's not hard to figure out. Just make sure you fill your skill's synergies and you should be fine.
    I personally wouldn't go for a zoo-keeper(getting as much minions as possible), since those are just not appreciated in CS games.

A CE + Amp necro just has those two skills full. For the rest I can imagine him having some more curses and a way to make his first corps(es). Perhaps a type of golem or a offensive spell like bonespear.

3. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

My next Necro project is based around the Amp + CE combo, but I can't figure out if I want Summons or a Bone Spirit to go with that.

- Akukami

4. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

I used to see a friend who subscribed to this 'old school' build play. He would die in the river from a single cold ball hit from an abyss knight. SUCKS, PERIOD. They would usually be iron maiden with blood golem or such, and often had tons of minions, but not always. They never had poison and often used spears and spirits on ranged targets not doing physical dmg for IM to take out. Also, the spirits were good against occasional barb/zon pkers. Pallys were never, ever pkers. So, their resists were horrible, thats why many would pick up a Ward or triple diamond tower. Nightsmoke is more useful on sorcies than necros, barnyard farmers just dont get hit much, and if they do there is bonearmor. Most 'old school' good necros would use a +2 necro, 20%fcr, mana, dual resist wand with some useful +skills, rather than an ume's. Treads are only good for the 30% mod on normal difficulty, not beyond. Here again, they probably used good rare boots. Otherwise, your list is accurate for the 1.03-1.05 classic 'old school' necro.

5. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

anyone using sig shield on the river, or cs in hell deserves that one hit death they get...