Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro PvP build (need help)

Discussion in 'PvP' started by LordGrimfell, May 19, 2005.

1. LordGrimfell

LordGrimfell IncGamers Member

Necro PvP build (need help)

Hi there quit D2 for a long time and now I wanna come back I use to play a Amazon/sorc but I pretty much forgot everything so bla =p...But I would like to make a PvP Necro now I hear they are pretty good =) would like to have some help on the skill build, what exactly should I do here I've read almost every guild and it seems so wierd...(is not the smartest person) ;p also would like to know how the atributes go, i see that mostly everyone says to leave energy base but I thought that was 1 of the main things...hehe just would like to know a good build/good stats...items well i'll get thoes in time =) (hopefully) and well I started a necro and i put 9 points into teeth now did i screw up? lol Would really appreciate the posts here =)

TY

-Grimmy

2. Theriverstyx

Theriverstyx IncGamers Member

well i am assuming you thinking of making a bone necro seeming their the only really popular necro pvpers

3. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I'm not sure what is so complicated about the guides... Well, unless you haven't played 1.10 at all. In which case you might need an explanation of how synergies work. If you know how those work though, I can't imagine how you wouldn't understand the guides. Any of them.

Here's some basics:
    - Get 125% faster cast rate total so you cast at the maximum speed for a necro.
    - Decide whether or not you want to be a max block build (less life, but can tank melee and zons much better) or a vita build (more life, better suited for caster only duels)
    - If you want to abuse the Marrowalk bug, simply don't put any points into Bone Prison. When you put on Marrowalk boots you will gain the synergy for Prison even without having any points into prison because of the charges on the boots. It gets you about 1k more damage or more.

Skills:
    1 pt into Clay Golem
    1 pt into Decrep
    Max Spirit, Spear, Teeth, and Wall. Remaining pts can go into bone armor, revive (1 pt only), or something else.

Gear:
    Gear depends on what you have and whether you are going max block or not. A block build almost always uses Homonculus for it's great block %. A nonblock build will usually use Spirit if you are on ladder or Darkforce. Once you've decided on a build, we can help you more.

Stats:
    You should be able to go base str if you use a Breastplate Enigma, base dex if you are a vita build and just enough dex for 75% blocking if you are a block build. The rest goes into vita.

4. LordGrimfell

Wow TY =) helped a ton but why the
    1 pt into Clay Golem
    1 pt into Decrep
    ??? just wondering and I got SoJs..could thoes be nice rings

5. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

SoJs are still pretty much top end for casters.

Clay Golem is the choice because 1) no golem can do any significant damage in 1.10, so there is no need to waste any more points or mana, 2) it has high life, and 3) the slow effect is very useful PvM for leveling. 1 pt is enough.

Decrep is your only useful curse, and again, the slow is nice. IM isn't as effective as it once was, LR doesn't work with magic damage, and amp is only helpful to your merc. You might consider some of the AI curses for PvM, but decrep is all you really need.

Soullesschild's BoneNecro guide is very good, so look it through again. PvP Necros using Poison Nova aren't unheard of either, and summoners are viable thanks to the teleport powers of enigma. Bone/summon hybrids are also used, but you probably need to use the marrowwalk bug to make them work. There are alot of guides stickied in the necro forum if you want to check out the other builds.

EDIT: I assumed this is for public dueling. Slow (whether gumby, decrep, or other,) is usually not considered acceptable in mannered duels.

6. LordGrimfell

Ahhh okay, but what about the FCR then thats what got me cause I know my friend should be able to give me the SoJs but should I use FCR rings instead? And also TY vm for this info it really helps =)

7. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

You can use faster cast rings to hit the 125%FCR break point. Get them with +str/dex/+life/+mana/resist mods.

8. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

I wouldn't say necs are good unless you have good gear and really know how to use him. Most of the necs I see either aa or spam like crazy and just drop dead right away against me then cry aa nonstop. There are only a few necs that I would call decent.

9. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

True, I have found that most necros just stand in place and spam like crazy and hope that you'll just stand in place in die... Somehow they think that just because Bone Spirit chases the target it allways hits or something..:S
    Hell, I even had one tell my fire sorc: "hey, don't tele"...

However, they are a terrible power in the right hands..

10. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Sojs may are great unless you need to use fcr rings to hit the 125% fcr breakpoint. If you already hit 125% fcr, then you can use sojs. If not, then consider using fcr rings with nice stats.

Before going any further, I would just like to mention that you should stop right now if you don't have an Enigma. If you don't have or cannot obtain an Enigma then you might want to focus on that before putting too much more thought into your dueler. A few things that are practically required for dueling these days are (for a necro anyway):

- Enigma
    - Call to Arms weapon on switch
    - Arachnid's mesh belt

Those are the must-haves that are generally harder to come by.