Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro Pit Runner

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Stormrider86, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Stormrider86

Stormrider86 IncGamers Member

Necro Pit Runner

Hey guys I have decided to take a break from killing my mf sorces so I can make a necro to run the pit. I know I'm going to max RS and SM with one point into: summon resists, clay golum, possibly revive, and 1 in all curses. I was thinking of making a summoner/PB hybrid though to make him more efficient and maybe quicker for killing in the pit. I know I def want points into CE, but not sure what skill lvl is good enough for it. If i can get my hands on marrow walks for a boost to PB skills such as BA, what other skill is best to max, Bonespear or Bonespirit? I will mostly be mfing in the pit and i want to be safe while killing efficiently. Do any of you have a build like this and can give me some ideas?
    -Stormrider86

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I think Bone spirit *feels* so much better than Bone spear, but that has nothing to do with it's efficiency. I'd still use Spirit of Spear even if spear was better in theory, because I think Spear feels like cheap plastic :lol:

It's personal preference though. Spear is about half the dam, but pierces, and Spirit is double the mana, slower, but tracks. For Boss killing, Spirit is adviced. Pit running, I'm not sure. Your minions will do the killing for you anyway, so maybe it's good to have a hard-hitter for the PI Boss?

3. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

You are on track with most of your build, for PvM definitely Bonespear since you will hit multiple enemies. This is only if you are getting Marrowwalks and take advantage of the bug.

I use a pure summoner and with max RS and SM + a might merc, you will go through the pit easily. Just kill one of each pack and CE away. I have a couple of points in CE but if you have enough + skills, only one point is needed since things are close quarters in the Pit. Using bone spear or bone spirit may hurry things up, but you really don't need it.

Besides a Trap Assassin, a Summoner Necro is the safest build to MF in the Pit.

Treldonis

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Indeed... at higher lvls when you have enough into synergies (Marrows + maybe one other synergy) Spear dmg is actually comparable to Spirit, and yet it can pierce. This makes it the obvious choice IMO unless you have very few points into synergies.

5. durph

durph IncGamers Member

I maxed CE on mine and he blows the crap out of everything. just get a strong might merc and some skellies going and as said before, ce away until everything is dead. I put one point into bspirit and bspear just because and I will use them sometimes on bosses while skellies whack away...but you won't really need to. It will help for bosses like hell baal with 15874022656232455 hps though. I have found that with mf gear on...I want ce to blow up as much as possible in one whack. I have base energy and my mana is low eith mf gear on. up to you though and I am by no means an authority on this. I did not put a pt into all the curses as I dont use them all as it is. I might though just to have lower resists for party purposes.

6. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Xey's Necro guide talks about this build specifically and I've built my Necro pretty much according to his guide with a few exceptions. Mostly that I put enough dex to get some block and have a Lightsabre for later when I start running hell Baal.

At the moment StinkyDeadThing (Lvl83) does pit runs exclusively when he's not rushing my friends through hell. And this build does rule for the pit. His build looks like this and very fast and safe for the pit.
    max sm/rs
    5 ce
    max bonespear
    max bonewall
    working on maxing bonespirit
    one in all the curses except the AI (left side of curse tree)

With about 200 mf his spear hits for 1.5K and all resists pretty close to maxed. Bone Armor absorbs 850. Doesn't really have truly nice gear except for Carin Shard and marrows. Shield is a 50 ward with pdiamond. Rare belt with resists and lots of strength.

Get the marrowalks by any and all means necessary since they really do help a whole lot, but everything else can be pretty ghetto. As far as block goes for this build my vote is don't worry about it. I chose enough dex for LS and strength for TGods (which i dont have yet) for hopefully running hell baal in the future and rest into vit.

Give the build a try, it's very strong and he can go anywhere and kill absolutely anything, though meph has turned out to be a real pain, this guy owns the pit.