Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

necro overlord vs diablo

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mongoose, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Mongoose

Mongoose IncGamers Member

necro overlord vs diablo

anyone got a good idea on how a overlord would be able to kill diablo without any help from anyone

lvl 34 summoner

2. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

I tried with 12 skeletons, 12 mages and 9 revives, might merc; equipped well. Was impossible for me. I have heard about some folks luring the clone close to shenk or blood raven and having the clone die when the others did but I have never seen it happen and think it would be a difficult chore.

3. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

level 34? what difficulty?

If you are in normal just use decrep while your revives and skells beat on him.
    You might have to run away and remake the army a coupel of times but its not too hard.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but here is another cool trick.

your clay golem if it hits diablo will slow him down some. but the other thing is diablo cant stand the thing. he will stop what hes doing and focus his attacks on it. so if you cast it behind diablo instead of putting it between you and him he will turn away from you and start trying to kill it.

I keep him decrep and recast the clay golem every time he kills it... keeps him moving very slow and not really going after your skels/revives.

If you are trying to kill him in NM... man good luck.

4. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Apologies. Must be lack of sleep; thought you meant the Dclone.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Two words: Summon Resist.

6. greenfire10

greenfire10 Banned

diablo normal is the hardest fight any sommuner will ever have.

once you reach lvl 50+ you will have max skelys and will be able to wear moost of your +skills gear and he is pretty easy. before that.... :scratch:

7. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I've solo'd him in classic, where I spammed BS until he died recasting golem exactly as Unholy described, and I've solo'd him in LoD twice, once using Clay while letting my A1 merc beat on him and once using Fire Golem while letting my A1 merc beating on him.

Recasting golem > silly diablo > skels

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Lvl 1 Spear and Decrep is all you need, it just takes time!

Decrep makes all the difference in the world.

9. durph

durph IncGamers Member

norm diablo

I did this at lvl 25. I traded junk for infernal tools and civerb's ammulet and hasura's boots. I also found a head with +2 blood golem on it and +3 skel mastery. I used this and a found unique ringmail (forget what its called). I had pumped skel to max and put the rest into skel mastery. I did this in a game with a 38 assasin in it as well...though even with persuasion she stayed on act5 and didn't help. It took me running away 4 times in sanctuary to revive skels, then 4 additional trips to act1 to re-revive skels. All in all I think the battle was about 30 mins or so but he did die. I also used a act2 combat merc that helped heal for the 7 seconds he lasted before biting the dust.

its a tough fight but doable.

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Dont need skellies!

Decrep and Spear and MANY POTS, and there are usually plenty laying around.

If you use Clay you might get the double slow going and he is also cheap on mana for recast. If ya hit 30 use FG, but dont expect him to live the whole time, D isnt stupid he uses that cold attack on Golems a lot!

Remember, D cant go in the "bottlenecks of CS so pop up a tp there and exit and leave from there for pots.

Figuring out how to Kill D solo at sub 30 with all builds is good clean fun and very doable!